BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why wouldn't he be the 'right fit' for our club? 

Cos of the reasons I've already posted!

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

He would be given control of recruitment and need to assemble a new squad given the disaster Mowbray has overseen so he could quickly get players in that would be the 'right fit'.

Yet again I wouldn't trust Hughton any control of transfers. Look at the last 2 years of his Brighton spell. Wasted alot of money. 

19 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You don't win two automatic promotions and finish in the play-offs twice in 4 Championship seasons by being 'far too negative tactical wise' (whatever that means)

Well looks at his last 12 months at Forest and the Forest fans are already of his tactics. No idea today how to impact the game when it changed to Cardiff leading. Same against us. 

His tactics and style is far too negative. 

22 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Do you have any reason at all for suggesting Hughton would not use our academy players

Does he have a track record in being through academy players? 

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

guy knows how to get promoted and quickly

Forest? Where are they in the league? Didn't we beat them 2-1 recently? 

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Serious clubs see that and would trust him to do it, with or without academy players. The focus should be on promotion not the academy. Development of academy players is the job of the academy coaches. 

Bring through Academy players will play a key part in our future transfer a d recruitment plan we have going forward..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos of the reasons I've already posted!

Yet again I wouldn't trust Hughton any control of transfers. Look at the last 2 years of his Brighton spell. Wasted alot of money. 

Well looks at his last 12 months at Forest and the Forest fans are already of his tactics. No idea today how to impact the game when it changed to Cardiff leading. Same against us. 

His tactics and style is far too negative. 

Does he have a track record in being through academy players? 

Forest? Where are they in the league? Didn't we beat them 2-1 recently? 

Bring through Academy players will play a key part in our future transfer a d recruitment plan we have going forward..

For heavens sake. 

The last two years of his Brighton spell? You mean after he had got them into the PL and they were staying in the PL and getting to an FA Cup semi? I'd take wasting some money if he delivered that.

Last season at Forest he was a success. He took over when they were in the bottom three and kept them up. They finished 5 points behind us despite our 'journey' of 4 years under Mowbray and him having had no opportunity of recruitment at Forest and them going through a different manager every season.

As I've said - his tactics and style get teams promoted and quickly. So they work. Whatever tactics Mowbray have take teams nowhere.

We are six games into the season. I bet if we were around the bottom 3 now you'd be quick to point that out. Yet now desperate to be proved right that Hughton is a 'dinosaur' because they've had a poor start. What do you have to say about McCarthy - another one you were labelling too negative and finished last year - doing alright isn't he?

I've no idea in his 'record' with academy players - he didn't get his job at Newcastle, Brighton or Forest on that basis. His job is to get teams promoted. That should be Mowbray's job and focus.

The only 'recruitment plan' we should have is getting a side together to get promoted. Great if that can involve the academy but if not then get external players in. Its the sign of a club going nowhere and a manager incapable of delivering promotion that goes on about needing to bring through academy lads all the time.

I want promotion. Nothing else.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Last season at Forest he was a success. He took over when they were in the bottom three and kept them up. They finished 5 points behind us despite our 'journey' of 4 years under Mowbray and him having had no opportunity of recruitment at Forest and them going through a different manager every season.

Yes he kept them up but he had 41 games to keep them up. 

Fans have booed him and his team about 2 home games already this season off at full time. 

As I've said - his tactics and style get teams promoted and quickly. So they work.

but not a Forest

We are six games into the season. I bet if we were around the bottom 3 now you'd be quick to point that out. Yet now desperate to be proved right that Hughton is a 'dinosaur' because they've had a poor start. What do you have to say about McCarthy - another one you were labelling too negative and finished last year - doing alright isn't he?

We aren't talking Rovers here. 

Hughton's tactics and style is out of date and zero answers how to deal with Moore when McCarthy sent him on. Hughton have NO plan to deal with him. 

McCarthy is doing a good job there and has the perfect striker for him in Moore. Would I want him at Rovers? Still the answer is no

I have been quite clear and open who I would bring in to replacement Mowbray. How much clearly do you need it?

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

I've no idea in his 'record' with academy players - he didn't get his job at Newcastle, Brighton or Forest on that basis. His job is to get teams promoted.

He got the Newcastle jib by luck. Cos Ashley didn't renew Shearer contract and back his plan for promotion and Kinnear have some bad health news. 

The only 'recruitment plan' we should have is getting a side together to get promoted. Great if that can involve the academy but if not then get external players in. Its the sign of a club going nowhere and a manager incapable of delivering promotion that goes on about needing to bring through academy lads all the time.

Bringing through academy players is going to be key part of any transfer policy in the future. Do you accept that? 

I want promotion. Nothing else.

who doesn't want that tho? I just don't want to keep reckless spending each season and have a proper and organise transfer plan for each window. 

Why would anybody prefer Mowbray (absolutely zero chance of doing anything of note under him - we can all agree on that) to Hughton (who's track record over a number of years at different clubs suggests there's a pretty decent chance he'd be a success)? 

• Like 6

Every bad player in the Championship came through somebodies academy Chaddy. Unless you get once in a lifetime lucky like a Scholes, Giggs, Beckham situation then the only route to success is to BUY players who have PROVEN they can do it.

To escape from our current situation we need a new management team, new ideas and a proper recruitment strategy.

Although proved wrong once "you'll win nothing with kids" is still a truism.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

To escape from our current situation we need a new management team, new ideas and a proper recruitment strategy.

I've been saying that for months now. 

11 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Every bad player in the Championship came through somebodies academy Chaddy. Unless you get once in a lifetime lucky like a Scholes, Giggs, Beckham situation then the only route to success is to BUY players who have PROVEN they can do it.

Bringing through our academy players will be part of any strategy going forward and beyond. Whilst looking for talent players in Scotland, league 1 and 2 plus overseas. But I don't expect us to be spending millions on buy proven players each season. Signing the odd experience players yes. 

14 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’d love ainsworth or Davidson . I think they would bring the right feel to the club which is lacking an identity

Both would good appointments here

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

just don't want to keep reckless spending each season and have a proper and organise transfer plan for each window. 

Another laughable post Chaddy.

Who was supporting Mogadon through all his reckless spending and shit transfer plans...????  YOU!! 🤷‍♂️ 

Meanwhile, this was happening.

On 9 March 2018, Hughton won Premier League Manager of the Month award for February and became the first black manager to win the prize.[71] He guided Brighton to 15th place in their first season in the Premier League, securing their status in the division with a 1–0 home victory against Manchester United.[72]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Although proved wrong once "you'll win nothing with kids" is still a truism.

A better truism is : "you'll win nothing with poor players". It doesn't matter at what age or standard.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes he kept them up but he had 41 games to keep them up. 

Fans have booed him and his team about 2 home games already this season off at full time. 

but not a Forest

We aren't talking Rovers here. 

Hughton's tactics and style is out of date and zero answers how to deal with Moore when McCarthy sent him on. Hughton have NO plan to deal with him. 

McCarthy is doing a good job there and has the perfect striker for him in Moore. Would I want him at Rovers? Still the answer is no

I have been quite clear and open who I would bring in to replacement Mowbray. How much clearly do you need it?

He got the Newcastle jib by luck. Cos Ashley didn't renew Shearer contract and back his plan for promotion and Kinnear have some bad health news. 

Bringing through academy players is going to be key part of any transfer policy in the future. Do you accept that? 

who doesn't want that tho? I just don't want to keep reckless spending each season and have a proper and organise transfer plan for each window. 

Straight choice again, McCarthy or Mowbray?

3 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Unfortunately, we don't have a proper and organised transfer plan for any window.  We have panic and short term thinking which is why we have so many loans each season.   Mowbray himself said you can't build a club on loans and yet that is exactly what we have spent the last two years doing.

The reckless spending brought in Gallagher and Brereton - two players who will not give a return on our investment.

Relying on the Academy is OK up to a point but how many teams have been built on purely Academy players - United is about the only one I can think of in recent years.  

You say we have wonderful prospects in our Academy and Under-23's but that is all they are - prospects.

I remember when people were talking in glowing terms of players like John Fitzgerald - who cost serious money when we brought him into our Academy - Jerome Watt, Andy Taylor Ciaran Donnelly, Steve Foster etc.  The list is endless of prospects who, for one reason or another, don't progress.  It's only eighteen months ago that people were saying that Lewis Thompson would be our left-back for years to come but he was released in the summer.

The Championship, in particular, is a League that requires some experience and know-how.  Saturday was a prime example of how thin we are in terms of players who know how to manage and win a game.  

Yes Mowbray has said we can't build the club on loan but he keeps signing them like Khadra even tho he gave Chapman a 12 months extension so whats the point in that or why not use JRC further forward. 

Also I never said that we should only built the club on just our academy players tho Parson but they should be part of the Squad and transfer plan going forward. I also said that we need to look for talent players in league 1 and 2 who can step up to championship aswell signing a some experience players from PL and championship plus the overseas market. 

On Saturday game, we should have won the game by the time they scored their second, and to be fair We have experience players at the back in Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala and they should be able to dealt with both goals much better

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Straight choice again, McCarthy or Mowbray?

Mowbray. 

But I said yesterday to yourself. I have been very clear and open that I want a new manager in place and who my choices would be and how I see the going forward transfer plan wise. 

How much clearly do you need it?

Edited by chaddyrovers

28 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Mowbray over McCarthy, wow, there’s not a lot more to be said is there.

I wouldn’t be wasting any more of my time and engaging in anymore back and forth if that’s his viewpoint on football managers.

The same old posters mention the same old boring managers names everytime. Who haven't promotion in years and failed in their recent jobs. 

I have mention 3 names who have won cup competitions, getting into top 6 and playoff final or achieving promotion from a small club twice in recent years. Those names being Callum Davidson, Steve Cooper and Gareth Ainsworth. 

5 hours ago, rigger said:

A better truism is : "you'll win nothing with poor players". It doesn't matter at what age or standard.

I'd like to agree rigger, problem is they get flattened easily when young hence the need to send them out on loan to play "men's football" until they mature a bit.  Occasionally you find the odd one who can cope at a young age but a team full Dolans and Elliots is an improbable dream and even then they'd likely get the sh*t kicked out of them to stop them playing. There again we might get lucky and produce 11 Phil Jones' I suppose - which would do nicely 😀 

8 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

I'd like to agree rigger, problem is they get flattened easily when young hence the need to send them out on loan to play "men's football" until they mature a bit.  Occasionally you find the odd one who can cope at a young age but a team full Dolans and Elliots is an improbable dream and even then they'd likely get the sh*t kicked out of them to stop them playing. There again we might get lucky and produce 11 Phil Jones' I suppose - which would do nicely 😀 

Instead of sending them out on loan, what we need is a new manager. Address the problem, rather than take an action that cures nothing.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The same old posters mention the same old boring managers names everytime. Who haven't promotion in years and failed in their recent jobs. 

I have mention 3 names who have won cup competitions, getting into top 6 and playoff final or achieving promotion from a small club twice in recent years. Those names being Callum Davidson, Steve Cooper and Gareth Ainsworth. 

Utterly bizarre. With Hughton, not doing well at Forest, so I somewhat would understand a bit of reluctance. McCarthy is doing very well at Cardiff.

Everything is about perception, anyone over a certain age is grouped together in the "boring" category, regardless of their individual track records. Warnock is different to McCarthy who is different to Hughton who is different to Allardyce who is different to Pulis. They all get the same sort of tags, boring, dinosaur, long ball etc.

I am not suggesting that we get McCarthy or indeed Hughton, neither would come, nor would Cooper in a month of Sundays. Most of the managers you suggest are what you deem to be exciting, mainly based on Rovers links, Ainsworth, Davidson (very average league record) and Hughes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Utterly bizarre. With Hughton, not doing well at Forest, so I somewhat would understand a bit of reluctance. McCarthy is doing very well at Cardiff.

Everything is about perception, anyone over a certain age is grouped together in the "boring" category, regardless of their individual track records. Warnock is different to McCarthy who is different to Hughton who is different to Allardyce who is different to Pulis. They all get the same sort of tags, boring, dinosaur, long ball etc.

I am not suggesting that we get McCarthy or indeed Hughton, neither would come, nor would Cooper in a month of Sundays. Most of the managers you suggest are what you deem to be exciting, mainly based on Rovers links, Ainsworth, Davidson (very average league record) and Hughes.

Why wouldn’t Cooper come here  ? And Hughton when forrest pot him ( assuming he doesn’t turn it round) would be lucky to get a job like rovers. I would agree with Davidson very average league record, Ainsworth if he wasn’t a rovers fan would he get mentioned no I don’t think so. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Why wouldn’t Cooper come here  ? And Hughton when forrest pot him ( assuming he doesn’t turn it round) would be lucky to get a job like rovers. I would agree with Davidson very average league record, Ainsworth if he wasn’t a rovers fan would he get mentioned no I don’t think so. 

I suspect his stock is much higher than mid to lower Championship after his last 2 seasons at Swansea. Hughton has a very good track record, the job he did at Brighton was excellent although his current job at Forest will undoubtedly somewhat tarnish his CV. And who you support or used to play for should be an irrelevance so agree there.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect his stock is much higher than mid to lower Championship after his last 2 seasons at Swansea. Hughton has a very good track record, the job he did at Brighton was excellent although his current job at Forest will undoubtedly somewhat tarnish his CV. And who you support or used to play for should be an irrelevance so agree there.

higher with who though, his next job will be a club struggling thats sacked a manager, i think cooper link is because he is HSH nothing more than that. Hughton nearly took brighton down in his last season his negative tactics and overly cautious approach nearly cost him and brighton

• Like 1

Just now, PeteJD13 said:

higher with who though, his next job will be a club struggling thats sacked a manager, i think cooper link is because he is HSH nothing more than that. Hughton nearly took brighton down in his last season his negative tactics and overly cautious approach nearly cost him and brighton

He took them up then kept them up twice. We can speculate what nearly happened but those are the facts. I dont think in his full seasons that Potter finished any higher.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He took them up then kept them up twice. We can speculate what nearly happened but those are the facts. I dont think in his full seasons that Potter finished any higher.

potter will kick them on and they actually play decent football now, hughton is a decent championship manager nothing more.