BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

1 minute ago, PeteJD13 said:

potter will kick them on and they actually play decent football now, hughton is a decent championship manager nothing more. 

I think Hughton had taken them as far as he could but he did a fantastic job there and it is unfair to do him a disservice by suggesting what could have happened when it didnt.

Decent football is subjective, its all about results. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I think Hughton had taken them as far as he could but he did a fantastic job there and it is unfair to do him a disservice by suggesting what could have happened when it didnt.

Decent football is subjective, its all about results. 

well its not though is plenty of teams manage to play decent football and get results, i hated watching us in Allardyce. Hughton is a limited manager decent at championship was going down with Norwich  before they sacked him and Brighton wanted to progress so off he went. 12 wins in 48 games lowest win rate for any forrest manager whose had over 10 games thats mowbray esq form!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes Mowbray has said we can't build the club on loan but he keeps signing them like Khadra even tho he gave Chapman a 12 months extension so whats the point in that or why not use JRC further forward. 

Also I never said that we should only built the club on just our academy players tho Parson but they should be part of the Squad and transfer plan going forward. I also said that we need to look for talent players in league 1 and 2 who can step up to championship aswell signing a some experience players from PL and championship plus the overseas market. 

On Saturday game, we should have won the game by the time they scored their second, and to be fair We have experience players at the back in Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan, Ayala and they should be able to dealt with both goals much better

Mowbray. 

But I said yesterday to yourself. I have been very clear and open that I want a new manager in place and who my choices would be and how I see the going forward transfer plan wise. 

How much clearly do you need it?

Mowbray over Mccarthy? Really? Have a word with yourself 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

well its not though is plenty of teams manage to play decent football and get results, i hated watching us in Allardyce. Hughton is a limited manager decent at championship was going down with Norwich  before they sacked him and Brighton wanted to progress so off he went. 12 wins in 48 games lowest win rate for any forrest manager whose had over 10 games thats mowbray esq form!

He is not having a good time at Forest, no denying that, being sacked would be fair. Equally he did an excellent job at Brighton. Norwich is inbetween the 2, he left them 5 points clear of the relegation zone. For both jobs you seem keen to make out that he had them in a position which is untrue and fabricated to make him seem worse than he was. Brighton stayed up in both seasons in the Premier League that he had them for following the promotion that he earnt, those are the facts. We are a Championship club and his Championship record prior to Forest is excellent.

The issue is that experienced managers all seem to be generically banded together as if they are all the same. Sometimes people want excitement and something new but there is a reason why Hughton, McCarthy and Allardyce repeatedly find work and more often that not succeed. I can never understand anyone who doesnt like their team getting results purely based on aesthetics. Style is subjective, Mowbray tried to play what is deemee commonly as the right way last season, it was very boring.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Utterly bizarre. With Hughton, not doing well at Forest, so I somewhat would understand a bit of reluctance. McCarthy is doing very well at Cardiff.

Everything is about perception, anyone over a certain age is grouped together in the "boring" category, regardless of their individual track records. Warnock is different to McCarthy who is different to Hughton who is different to Allardyce who is different to Pulis. They all get the same sort of tags, boring, dinosaur, long ball etc.

I am not suggesting that we get McCarthy or indeed Hughton, neither would come, nor would Cooper in a month of Sundays. Most of the managers you suggest are what you deem to be exciting, mainly based on Rovers links, Ainsworth, Davidson (very average league record) and Hughes.

You are obsess with Hughton and you were a few seasons ago when we had this discussion. 

Why wouldn't Cooper come? His agent is the same one that has given us the last 4 managers, where else is he going, and would have a decent transfer budget next season. Plus developing young players and bought in some quality players into Swansea. Plus got 2 top 6 finishes. 

Ainsworth has done an excellent job at Wycombe over the years there. 

yes there are some Rovers connections there but these are my suggestions and Cooper would be my first choice based on his job done at Swansea. Pete suggested Ryan Lowe to you yesterday. I suggested Mark Robins from Coventry who doing an excellent job there. 

you continue to knock my suggestions without any suggestions from yourself 

22 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Mowbray over Mccarthy? Really? Have a word with yourself 

Just keep living in the past with the same old boring suggestions. 

I want a manager who would progress the club in the way I want to and get us promote within a couple of seasons. I don't think Mowbray, Hughton or McCarthy would. 

Ha!

Ha!

Still new suggestions or any new engagement/arguments into the subject. Just the same old argument from yourself that we had 2 years ago on a different social media platform

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You are obsess with Hughton and you were a few seasons ago when we had this discussion. 

Why wouldn't Cooper come? 

Ainsworth has done an excellent job at Wycombe over the years there. 

you continue to knock my suggestions without any suggestions from yourself 

Just keep living in the past with the same old boring suggestions. 

I want a manager who would progress the club in the way I want to and get us promote within a couple of seasons. I don't think Mowbray, Hughton or McCarthy would. 

Cooper left Swansea because they mucked him around on transfer funds which was going to make his job impossible after two play off appearances.

I doubt he would want to get involved with the clowns owning and running Rovers and a budget that sees us wait all summer to borrow injured kids from Brighton reserves.

I hope you recognise how ridiculous this is getting. So you refer to Mick McCarthy as 'living in the past' and a 'boring suggestion' - this a bloke currently doing an excellent job at a rival Championship club, has a record of promotion and play off campaigns over many years and has recently managed abroad and at international level.

Yet you persist with the Gareth Ainsworth obsession- a bloke who has been at Wycombe Wanderers for nearly 10 years, had one Championship season which ended in relegation. More significantly than that the football Wycombe have been known for over most of those years has been direct, physical and reliant on set pieces, all traits you say we should avoid because it doesn't suit our squad and is boring to watch.

Bizarre. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Cooper left Swansea because they mucked him around on transfer funds which was going to make his job impossible after two play off appearances.

I doubt he would want to get involved with the clowns owning and running Rovers and a budget that sees us wait all summer to borrow injured kids from Brighton reserves.

I hope you recognise how ridiculous this is getting. So you refer to Mick McCarthy as 'living in the past' and a 'boring suggestion' - this a bloke currently doing an excellent job at a rival Championship club, has a record of promotion and play off campaigns over many years and has recently managed abroad and at international level.

Yet you persist with the Gareth Ainsworth obsession- a bloke who has been at Wycombe Wanderers for nearly 10 years, had one Championship season which ended in relegation. More significantly than that the football Wycombe have been known for over most of those years has been direct, physical and reliant on set pieces, all traits you say we should avoid because it doesn't suit our squad and is boring to watch.

Bizarre. 

Great post especially on the style of play. Experienced managers tend to get judged collectively rather than individually, all under the "boring," direct football tag. When a younger manager who supports the club whilst sporting a rock star image plays direct football, it seemingly is seen as more exciting.

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

I know what happened at Swansea since I read the reasons why and I posted them on here. You seem to forget that JH! 

Cooper has the same agent I believe that has provided us the last 4 managers. Plus I think he would be perfect manager given his background and his top 6 finishes would be hard to ignore him. He would have control of football matters here, plus our facilities are good. Would be my 1st choice to replace Mowbray when that time happens. 

I would take Cooper or Ainsworth in heartbeat over McCarthy if it was my decision to make. Buy every fan has their own opinions on the managers they would to take over from Mowbray and no opinion is wrong. 

Well its yourself who keep it going. Plenty of Rovers fans would be against his appointment. 

Wasn't he sacked by the club in Cyprus and as Ireland manager? 

I would say that Ainsworth has achieved miracles at Wycombe and to get 2 promotions is great. 

on his style, He makes the best of what he has there. We have no idea how he would play with this squad do we?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would take Cooper or Ainsworth in heartbeat over McCarthy if it was my decision to make. Buy every fan has their own opinions on the managers they would to take over from Mowbray and no opinion is wrong. 

I disagreed with most of the post but the highlighted bit is incorrect. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but that doesn't mean that some aren't wrong. For example if I call Messi a crap player or say Kaminski should play centre mid. 

Sure, most opinions are more nuanced and a bit harder to prove/disprove but not sure on the anything goes idea. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I know what happened at Swansea since I read the reasons why and I posted them on here. You seem to forget that JH! 

Cooper has the same agent I believe that has provided us the last 4 managers. Plus I think he would be perfect manager given his background and his top 6 finishes would be hard to ignore him. He would have control of football matters here, plus our facilities are good. Would be my 1st choice to replace Mowbray when that time happens. 

Well its yourself who keep it going. Plenty of Rovers fans would be against his appointment. 

Wasn't he sacked by the club in Cyprus and as Ireland manager? 

I would say that Ainsworth has achieved miracles at Wycombe and to get 2 promotions is great. 

on his style, He makes the best of what he has there. We have no idea how he would play with this squad do we?

No,some opinions are wrong. Keith Hill,who someone suggested not too long ago for example. Ainsworth is borderline. Far better candidates out there. Your assertion that "we don't know how he would play" doesn't make sense, as we do have an idea based off his managerial career to date. He signed the players for Wycombe to play his way. By your logic we could say the same thing about Mick McCarthy, or is it ok to make decisions on his style and approach based off his career to date? He wasn't sacked by Ireland,his contract ended and first time around ,when we had good players, he played a great style of football and we should have bet Spain at the 2002 world cup and progressed to the quarter finals. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Imagine if we didn't concede that 8th minute injury time equaliser we would be third after so many of us predicted we would be turd this season! 

It's a great start, no doubts. 

I can't shake the thought that a typical Mowbray death spiral is on the horizon.

So, it's difficult to get carried away with it.

• Like 4

I thought after the 95th minute on Saturday that we were nailed on for the start of another Mowbray death spiral, so last night was a welcome surprise.

See how we get on until the next international break, I reckon we'll take 4 points from the next 4.

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

By your logic we could say the same thing about Mick McCarthy, or is it ok to make decisions on his style and approach based off his career to date? He wasn't sacked by Ireland,his contract ended and first time around ,when we had good players, he played a great style of football and we should have bet Spain at the 2002 world cup and progressed to the quarter finals.

that world cup was nearly 20 years ago. Its like your Keane suggestion that baffles me cos he hasn't been manager for 10 years. You living in the past. 

I think McCarthy has done a very good job at Cardiff and he has the perfect striker in Moore for him. I also gave him credit on Sunday for his changes and getting the win. We all have our own opinions and who we would like to see in the Rovers manager seat in the future

I suggested 3 managers who have had success in the last 5 years and even the last 12 months., 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

that world cup was nearly 20 years ago. Its like your Keane suggestion that baffles me cos he hasn't been manager for 10 years. You living in the past. 

I think McCarthy has done a very good job at Cardiff and he has the perfect striker in Moore for him. I also gave him credit on Sunday for his changes and getting the win. We all have our own opinions and who we would like to see in the Rovers manager seat in the future

I suggested 3 managers who have had success in the last 5 years and even the last 12 months., 

What is bizarre is that you would prefer to continue with a manager who you don't want to continue over a manager who you think is actively doing a "very good job" at another Championship club.

• Moderation Lead
38 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Pretty interesting the discrepancy between views on Diaz last night. Many on here thought he was crap. The Twitter sphere is hailing the new messiah. 

I felt he was pretty shite apart from his goal tbh.

I was there and my mate sitting with me said the same.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What is bizarre is that you would prefer to continue with a manager who you don't want to continue over a manager who you think is actively doing a "very good job" at another Championship club.

Cos I want a manager who has had recent success like recent promotion, won a trophy or finish a top 6/playoff final. 

Also what is bizarre is you keep mentioning the same names you were 3 years ago and your love in with Hughton. 

at the minute Mowbray has us 7th in the league and has done a good job this season but thats doesn't mean that his failure to get us top 6 in the previous season is overlooked. But I don't see a change happening any time soon. If he gets us a mid table finish this season I would say thankyou Mowbray for the job you have done here and your efforts but I would like to bring in a new manager with fresh ideas and new approach