BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Maybe a good time to talk predictions; looking at our 5 league games in August, about the best I’m seeing is 1 win, 1 tie, 3 losses. Sadly, it looks like our two at Ewood (Swans, WBA) will be wipeouts. 

Why ?

• Like 1

Russell Martin seems like one of these all the range managers, obsessed with style of play, playing from the back, philosophise and all of the modern lingo. I remember last season when MK Dons went on a poor run and he was defending himself by saying about sticking to his principles etc and he got loads of praise. They had a fairly unremarkable season really.

Swansea dont look in good shape at the moment, so many key players have left too. They couldnt have hand picked a better opening day fixture though!

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Russell Martin seems like one of these all the range managers, obsessed with style of play, playing from the back, philosophise and all of the modern lingo. I remember last season when MK Dons went on a poor run and he was defending himself by saying about sticking to his principles etc and he got loads of praise. They had a fairly unremarkable season really.

Swansea dont look in good shape at the moment, so many key players have left too. They couldnt have hand picked a better opening day fixture though!

Martin has his own style of play and he stick to it. 

Is Swansea squad better than ours? I would say not. Just about to lose Matt Grimes to Fulham supposedly this week. 

Here is the Swansea squad. Swansea City - Detailed squad 21/22 | Transfermarkt

Looking at the squad that the strongest team IMO is this

Benda;

Naughton, Bennett, Cabango, Bidwell;

Walsh, Smith, Manning;

Whittaker, Lowe, Yan Dhanda. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

On 31/07/2021 at 20:14, chaddyrovers said:

Looks like MK Dons manager Russell Martin will become Swansea next manager after they approach him for the 3rd time this week

Looks like MK Dons are now moving for Ainsworth as their new manager.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't see Ainsworth as it would be backward step move, plus he wouldn't walk out on Wycombe unless it was to could here imo

I think MK Dons are a significantly larger club than Wycombe, certainly infrastructure, season ticket holders etc.

They have a 30,000 seater stadium, just completing a £35m training complex, 10,000+ season ticket holder, commercial income, no debt etc. If you were identifying a club to acquire outside the Premiership, they would probably be in a top 3 shortlist.

However, i think Ainsworth is loyal to Wycombe and wants to get them promoted again, so will likely stay.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't see Ainsworth as it would be backward step move, plus he wouldn't walk out on Wycombe unless it was to could here imo

It wouldn't be backwards. He over achieved with Wycombe. MK Dons would have a far larger budget. 

As for him not walking out unless it was to come here, dream on. There are numerous clubs he would leave there to go to. 

• Like 1

I doubt that he could have been possible even with a sale of Armstrong with no funds guaranteed but I am unsure why Surridge warrants such a fee, especially in a covid marketplace, never particularly impressed that much bar some moderately decent loan spells.

That being said, Stoke have impressed me in this window and shown us how to act. They sold their key asset Collins early in the window to Burnley, bringing in a good replacement in Wilmot soon after, also signing Vrancic on a free and now Surridge to boost the forward line. They also will soon have Campbell back from injury, joining Doughty and Fox.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I doubt that he could have been possible even with a sale of Armstrong with no funds guaranteed but I am unsure why Surridge warrants such a fee, especially in a covid marketplace, never particularly impressed that much bar some moderately decent loan spells.

That being said, Stoke have impressed me in this window and shown us how to act. They sold their key asset Collins early in the window to Burnley, bringing in a good replacement in Wilmot soon after, also signing Vrancic on a free and now Surridge to boost the forward line. They also will soon have Campbell back from injury, joining Doughty and Fox.

2.5 million pounds for Sam Surridge is cheap. He is a talent player and could be mould of course be the next Adam Armstrong. He can score goals. 

I agree that O'Neill has signed 2 good players with selling a key player but he has cut the wage bill massively there since he jon Stoke. 

Campbell is excellent player

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

2.5 million pounds for Sam Surridge is cheap. He is a talent player and could be mould of course be the next Adam Armstrong. He can score goals. 

I agree that O'Neill has signed 2 good players with selling a key player but he has cut the wage bill massively there since he jon Stoke. 

Campbell is excellent player

2.5? All the reports I seen suggest it's 5.5?

On 03/08/2021 at 01:21, chaddyrovers said:

Stoke set to sign Sam Surridge from Bournemouth. Another possible replacement for Armstrong gone now 

We aren't spending any money this window. Mowbray has already said we are only looking at loans and has said he doesn't think he'll get any money from the Armstrong sale to spend.

7 hours ago, davulsukur said:

We aren't spending any money this window. Mowbray has already said we are only looking at loans and has said he doesn't think he'll get any money from the Armstrong sale to spend.

Mowbray doesn't have a clue what will happen if or when Armstrong is sold. 

His comments looks like he was talking to the owners through the media asking for money from the Venkys

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray doesn't have a clue what will happen if or when Armstrong is sold.

Yet you still think allowing our top goalscorer to leave is sensible and that our difficulties are because of FFP rules?