BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Waggott

9 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Genuine question to all members in this group. 

Do you think Steve Waggot gets an easy ride in the Fans Forum meetings, or are the minutes edited by the club to serve purpose?

When is this bullshit going to end, when is Waggot going to retire?

As long as the FF members are not disagreeing with the edited minutes, I have to assume that they agree with them. That would lead to me thinking, Waggot is, given an easy ride.

Edited by rigger

7 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Is this man the real saviour of English football? - I think we all know the answer! (article from 2008):

https://www.express.co.uk/expressyourself/34577/Is-this-man-the-real-saviour-of-English-football

Please try to not piss yourself laughing and/or pull your hair out in a rage…

Ok… so am I missing something? Lots of outreach work at Charlton, players going to hospitals on their days off, making the club the hub of the community. 15 years is a long time in football but clearly he is not an evil man and we have done plenty within the community over the last few years for which I’m sure Waggott will take some credit. 
(Tin Hat on)

1 minute ago, imy9 said:

Ok… so am I missing something? Lots of outreach work at Charlton, players going to hospitals on their days off, making the club the hub of the community. 15 years is a long time in football but clearly he is not an evil man and we have done plenty within the community over the last few years for which I’m sure Waggott will take some credit. 
(Tin Hat on)

Unless SW was taking credit for someone else’s (at Charlton) ideas and initiatives…

Who says he’s evil? He’s just lazy and in his comfort zone due to somehow finding a way of hitting his ‘revenue targets’ even with a two thirds empty ground.

Not a surprise he ‘leads’ in this fashion. It all emanates from disinterested and distant ownership.

Edited by Mattyblue

I don’t think he’s evil at all. 

I think he’s ambition-less, has a total lack of understanding about the area and chooses the easy route every single time — even if that means he rips off the fans. 

• Like 5

Ambitious when it comes to his own career, as he is making serious coin as CEO at a prestigious football club, coin way over his abilities - the Peter Principle hasn’t kicked in here. But yes, zero ambition for Blackburn Rovers.

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

He's not evil, absolutely ridiculous. Unless there are some stories out there about him torturing employees and the like.....

He's simply a lazy, incompetent self serving piece of human garbage. A total drain on society. 

I have some Christmas cards for sale. Let me know if you need a special one. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Is this man the real saviour of English football? - I think we all know the answer! (article from 2008):

https://www.express.co.uk/expressyourself/34577/Is-this-man-the-real-saviour-of-English-football

Please try to not piss yourself laughing and/or pull your hair out in a rage

I'll asky Andy C if he agrees, time is a healer .....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Please try to not piss yourself laughing and/or pull your hair out in a rage…

Ticket prices are kept low so local people can afford to come to matches and experience live football.

Steve adds: "It stops people watching on TV from their armchair and gets them watching live matches.

“Football has a responsibility to make the next generation of fans.”

Lucky Charlton. It's a different Steve these days. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

He's in a borough of 150k now not one of 300k or a city of 400k with one team, something he struggles to come to terms with beyond fleecing 8 thousand diehards.

I remember Williams saying many years ago they always knew they could charge more or less whatever they wanted to about 8 thousand hardcore (I think 8 thousand was the figure he used). But he knew that wasn't the way to grow the football club.

• Like 4

I’ve told this story mannnyyy times, but I actually got that from the horses mouth.

On his first day at the club in ‘97, the board told JW that ‘we have 8,000 fans’, he didn’t understand the point considering we had 25,000+ average gates at the time. They meant 8k will always turn up, the rest you have to fight bloody hard to keep in the tent, and he never forgot that lesson - Swag never bothered to learn it in the first place.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

I think he decided that was the case straight away and has stuck to that theory and that is the problem.

The guy is just a number cruncher whose always been employed at decent sized clubs going backwards.  He fits that well but if you want to move forwards off the pitch as well as on it he clearly isn't the man.

• Like 1

Without fans, there is no job for waggott, no club to support and no national game.

To be the CEO of a football club and to have supporters attending as one of the lowest points on the agenda is pathetic 

Rovers has become a place for a cosey job, where the lack of income is offset by the owners.

Who in the right mind (players) wants to play in a ground less than 33% full?

Whats the pull? 

Its a slow death only kept on life support by the generosity of the Raos.

I'd love to know what the business plan is, what waggotts 3 , 6, 12 month plan was, what his 2, 3 and 5 year plan is?

Losing supporters is the worse thing for a club like ours. You very rarely get them back , especially when those im power show zero desire to do so.

All i see going forwards is a few chancers waiting to suck on the bones which are left, with a club/board not held accountable for its piss poor management 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Without fans, there is no job for waggott, no club to support and no national game.

To be the CEO of a football club and to have supporters attending as one of the lowest points on the agenda is pathetic 

Rovers has become a place for a cosey job, where the lack of income is offset by the owners.

Whats the pull? 

I'd love to know what the business plan is, what waggotts 3 , 6, 12 month plan was, what his 2, 3 and 5 year plan is?

Losing supporters is the worse thing for a club like ours. You very rarely get them back , especially when those im power show zero desire to do so.

All i see going forwards is a few chancers waiting to suck on the bones which are left, with a club/board not held accountable for its piss poor management 

Glen, Didn't you send an email to the owners? did you get any response from that? 

8 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Whats the pull? 

I wouldn't call it generosity, its like someone's just run you over but they were kind enough to call an ambulance for you before they drove off.

• Like 3

• Backroom

It'd be like calling parents generous for feeding their child. They own the club, it's their responsibility to ensure it functions. Doing so doesn't make them generous, irrespective of how many owners fail to meet this basic requirement. 

• Like 9