BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

4 hours ago, roverandout said:

Poor first half but alot better second half.  Israel played the better football 

Israel played the much better football, England only came into it by using their superior fitness and strength.

Too many players one dimensional, always trying to use their speed rather than using a bit of nous.

Very similar to the full team, little imagination or craft.

10 minutes ago, blondie said:

Israel played the much better football, England only came into it by using their superior fitness and strength.

Too many players one dimensional, always trying to use their speed rather than using a bit of nous.

Very similar to the full team, little imagination or craft.

There's alot of technical players in the under 19 squad.  It must be down to coaching why they're not allowed to express themselves.  Like the senior team with all these great attacking players, Southgate plays defensive 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Although an achievement worth celebrating the primary purpose of the u-19's is to have players move up to the full national team. The last winning team included Aaron Ramsdale, Mason Mount, and Reece James who are currently in Southgate's set up. I Looked up the squad; England Euro u-19's 2017

Edun and Brereton were also in it. As is a lad who now plays for Southport.

If the 2022 team can have multiple players break move up then the development team continue to do their job.

From what I read Chukwumeka (sp?) from Villa was the stand out player for England.

Fair points. 

I wouldn't know how many players transgress through for other Countries though. Germany, France, Spain, Italy etc.

Would, say, 6 or 7 from a winning youth team all end up playing together in the senior team?

Would be interesting to know. For some reason I feel like it's quite common for players to excel young but then fail to make it at top level. (Jason Lowe.) But it's a total guess on my part.

Just remember all the talk about England being crap because our youth structure was crap. But last few decades we've done much better on that front. Cause for a bit it optimism. 🤞

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Silas said:

Fair points. 

I wouldn't know how many players transgress through for other Countries though. Germany, France, Spain, Italy etc.

Would, say, 6 or 7 from a winning youth team all end up playing together in the senior team?

Would be interesting to know. For some reason I feel like it's quite common for players to excel young but then fail to make it at top level. (Jason Lowe.) But it's a total guess on my part.

Just remember all the talk about England being crap because our youth structure was crap. But last few decades we've done much better on that front. Cause for a bit it optimism. 🤞

As I'm doing nothing else on a Saturday afternoon I looked up a few prior tournament squads. 2 to 3 seems to be about the average for players who get a full cap. France had a good couple of years just prior to 2018 with Mbappe, Pavard, Coman, Lucas Hernandez, and Marcus Thuram all featuring. 

There are usually one or two more who make it but aren't full internationals, then a lot who disappear off the face of the earth. My guess is that many lads are still growing at that age and those who are done may be the ones who fall off. It's certainty the case with younger lads.

2012 was a good year for England; Euro 2012 u-19 squads

Johnstone, Dier, Coady, Keane, Barkley, and Kane all have caps. With Chalobah, Redmond, Berahino (for a while), and Lundstram all playing in the Prem.

Yet Tom Thorpe the captain never made it. He played half a season for Bolton, and now plies his trade in India.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

England women 6-0 up at halftime. 

I remember when we all ripped USA to shreds for celebrating every goal excessively when they hammered Thailand 13-0.

Bad sportspersonship, looking to embarass and belittle the opponent, was the general consensus. 

Be interesting to see how we do it if goals 8/9/10 do pop up. 

I only watched the first half. Norway were clueless, it appeared as though they were playing without a left back or a left winger. England were just streaming forward down the right hand side all the half. It could have been 10-0 if they could finish.

I like their all white kit though, very classy.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

58 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Norway were a disgrace in that game, fair enough being beaten by the better side but looked to be lacking any effort at all

They, Norway, made short work of Northern Ireland and were supposed to be a lot stiffer opposition for England. 

After watching Englands first performance against Austria I was a bit worried but the girls played very well tonight and I'm proud of them. 

The only teams I've seen, and I've watched every game, who will do well are us, Sweden, Netherlands, Germany, France and maybe Spain.... Iceland are dark horses for me and I hope they go far for their fantastic travelling support....... And they have a very fit lass playing for them.... Gorgeous lol! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the Mail link, but this is nice to see

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11044333/How-Blackburns-academy-shaped-future-England-stars-Georgia-Stanway-Keira-Walsh-Ella-Toone.html

Been to a few of the games down at Bramall Lane, and got a ticket for the semi tonight. Most exciting, been a good tournament.

Women's football has come on leaps and bounds in the last 10-20 years with more professionals, more training, better coaching and competitions all playing a part.

Excited to see what the next 10-20 years brings and what this version of the game will look like then.

31 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Apologies for the Mail link, but this is nice to see

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11044333/How-Blackburns-academy-shaped-future-England-stars-Georgia-Stanway-Keira-Walsh-Ella-Toone.html

Been to a few of the games down at Bramall Lane, and got a ticket for the semi tonight. Most exciting, been a good tournament.

Women's football has come on leaps and bounds in the last 10-20 years with more professionals, more training, better coaching and competitions all playing a part.

Excited to see what the next 10-20 years brings and what this version of the game will look like then.

Brilliant stuff.

Am I correct in thinking we were stitched up out of a promotion one year as they automatically put a Man Utd Women's team in the top tier? 

Was good to see some of the team signing autographs at the open training session yesterday too.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, superniko said:

Brilliant stuff.

Am I correct in thinking we were stitched up out of one year as they automatically put a Man Utd Women's team in the top tier? 

Was good to see some of the team signing autographs at the open session yesterday too.

Yeah I believe that's how it went down. Man Utd decided to finally join the gravy train and got plopped in there straight away. Scandalous to be honest, but they didn't half arse it - threw a lot of money at it and put together a top side. 

Agree on involving them in the signing sessions, great inspiration for the young girls.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Yeah I believe that's how it went down. Man Utd decided to finally join the gravy train and got plopped in there straight away. Scandalous to be honest, but they didn't half arse it - threw a lot of money at it and put together a top side. 

Agree on involving them in the signing sessions, great inspiration for the young girls.

We were also on bbc breakfast this morning apparently 

A2DC5DCD-7033-41DE-BB62-0599F422A347.thumb.jpeg.7dadd7cc7e9475dbeebe284f329aeedf.jpeg

• Like 1

• Backroom

I've enjoyed watching these women play more than any of the men's games since the Euros.

There's a real magic about tournament football with England at the moment and it's fantastic.

That bit of absolute filth from Russo for the third goal was 🤌🤌🤌

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Have to say Im really impressed by how much women's footy has improved over the last ten / fifteen years.

Fran Kirby turned on a sixpence in the box, Damien Duff esq., brilliant stuff.

In the first half both teams pinging the ball around, speed and precision, a joy to watch. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

fair enough if anyone enjoys it,it`s not for me tbh🙈to slow and every pass is short, the goalkeeping is comical though

They're shaming the recent men's performances tbh.

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

fair enough if anyone enjoys it,it`s not for me tbh🙈to slow and every pass is short, the goalkeeping is comical though

Goal keeping is an issue, and the game is a bit slower. But the technique, passing, tactical play has really come on imo. Some really great moves that any men's team would be proud of.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Great stuff from England , how that White gets a start is beyond me....nicking a place for years.  No coincidence that we pick up when she goes off....that Russo must be wondering what she has to do to get a start.

1 goal in every 2 games probably helps.

She will, I think, be phased out after this tournament.

Russo is the future but at the moment it's going so well with Russo coming off the bench I wouldn't change it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Russo is the future but at the moment it's going so well with Russo coming off the bench I wouldn't change it.

Exactly Asia, you wonder what people are watching……

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Them stats are all against teams they got double figures against.  In reality she isn't good enough at the business end.