BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

It used to be £100,000 for every home game moved for TV (which was slightly increased if it was moved to a Sunday or a Thursday) and £10,000 for every away game moved a couple of years ago I read.

Not sure if its increased since or not.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Swansea will probably be behind closed doors anyway.

Well the Scots are bringing fans back from next Monday, so i would think there is every chance of fans being back for this. Mind you, you have to be pretty committed to go to a 17.30 kick-off in Swansea

9 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

It used to be £100,000 for every home game moved for TV (which was slightly increased if it was moved to a Sunday or a Thursday) and £10,000 for every away game moved a couple of years ago I read.

Not sure if its increased since or not.

Thanks, didn't realise that there was a difference between home and away games - although obviously that makes sense with loss of revenue.

Sounds like we'll obviously lose a little with lost ticket prices, along with the Fisher sell on we could be due an extra roughly £500k this month which we didn't expect. Chicken feed in the context of our debt - but still pretty welcome given given how much comes into the coffers these days. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Well the Scots are bringing fans back from next Monday, so i would think there is every chance of fans being back for this. Mind you, you have to be pretty committed to go to a 17.30 kick-off in Swansea

Mumbles is lovely this time of year, take a vest though!

On 10/01/2022 at 14:45, chaddyrovers said:

A smart move it include all fans especially the young ones from the whole community, but this is a reminder that it is still not totally inclusive. It’s described as a Multi Faith Prayer Room, so why do I have to remove my shoes. To enter a Mosque then of course, but surely not here. 

EC30CE32-7F3F-46B0-9E3E-9FF903F2492E.jpeg

Edited by Ianrally

15 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

A smart move it include all fans especially the young ones from the whole community, but this is a reminder that it is still not totally inclusive. It’s described as a Multi Faith Prayer Room, so why do I have to remove my shoes. To enter a Mosque then of course, but surely not here. 

EC30CE32-7F3F-46B0-9E3E-9FF903F2492E.jpeg

It’s a pray room for our Asian supporters, what’s the problem? 

• Like 2

I’m sorry I don’t understand what rule you are asking me not to like. You are the one who said it’s for our Asian supporters, but it’s a multi faith prayer room, so exactly which faiths are you saying are allowed to use it. I will remind you that Asia is home to a multitude of different faiths. 
I certainly won’t go elsewhere on your say so by the way. 

28 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

I’m sorry I don’t understand what rule you are asking me not to like. You are the one who said it’s for our Asian supporters, but it’s a multi faith prayer room, so exactly which faiths are you saying are allowed to use it. I will remind you that Asia is home to a multitude of different faiths. 
I certainly won’t go elsewhere on your say so by the way. 

You're on the wind up and I fell for it.

Good evening. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

@Ianrally It's pretty simple. It's to allow those in discalced congregations to use the prayer room as readily as you. It's not solely (haha) for Muslim prayer, or Jewish prayer, or Christian prayer (which I'm assuming is your take on it, given your references to specific exclusionary Christian prayer rooms at other clubs).

If you prefer not to pray barefoot, don't use it and pray elsewhere.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 3

I haven't managed to get over for a game this season due to restrictions but i've just booked flights for Millwall, QPR, Bristol City and Derby games all at ewood and I'm trying to decide whether to get a half season ticket or not.

I can't get to midweek games because of work so I'm sure buying tickets will be cheaper but obviously i'll have some benefit from ST like possible away game tickets.

How much are single game tickets in the Blackburn end this season? I can only find midweek £20 price online.

Cheers all

2 minutes ago, Blackpool_Rover said:

I haven't managed to get over for a game this season due to restrictions but i've just booked flights for Millwall, QPR, Bristol City and Derby games all at ewood and I'm trying to decide whether to get a half season ticket or not.

I can't get to midweek games because of work so I'm sure buying tickets will be cheaper but obviously i'll have some benefit from ST like possible away game tickets.

How much are single game tickets in the Blackburn end this season? I can only find midweek £20 price online.

Cheers all

£26/£30 dependent on the game catagory

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blackpool_Rover said:

Cheers all

Given QPR is a lunchtime game on Sky that could be cheaper. The others won't be £30 games with the possible exception of Derby. I suspect that half season tickets will go off sale now (although I assume that they won't stop you if you want to buy one!). In any case if you can only do four games a half season ticket won't be worth it. Maybe if we're still going well you might come to some of the others?

I also would not rule out another package offer over some of the remaining home games.

Given the Millwall game isn't for over three weeks I would be inclined to wait to see if any other offers come up. It's not as if we're going to run out. The Blackburn End is getting pretty busy now but there will always be an odd ticket free.

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

Given QPR is a lunchtime game on Sky that could be cheaper. The others won't be £30 games with the possible exception of Derby. I suspect that half season tickets will go off sale now (although I assume that they won't stop you if you want to buy one!). In any case if you can only do four games a half season ticket won't be worth it. Maybe if we're still going well you might come to some of the others?

I also would not rule out another package offer over some of the remaining home games.

Given the Millwall game isn't for over three weeks I would be inclined to wait to see if any other offers come up. It's not as if we're going to run out. The Blackburn End is getting pretty busy now but there will always be an odd ticket free.

Thanks for that 👍

I’ll definitely be going another game whether we drop off or not. It’s just midweek that’s an issue. I just bought 3 Prague to Manchester return flights for these 4 games at £30 return each. Flights for the Blackpool game currently about £70 so will wait for the next Ryanair flight sale 😃

I forgot about the package deals so you’re right I’ll give it another couple of weeks. 

Im thinking about play off tickets though and also Birmingham away (imagine if we can get automatic at St. Andrews on the last day) so a season ticket would help there. I haven’t had one since 08-09.