BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

22 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Todays attendance if just over 13500 shows that despite every effort by Rovers to boost attendance it is rebuffed and rebuffed!

Having a go at the fans again? 

Weren't you the one harking on about big changes coming not so long ago? If I remember correctly you had an 'in' at Ewood and were privvy to some information which you tantalised posters with.

So what were they?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Todays attendance if just over 13500 shows that despite every effort by Rovers to boost attendance it is rebuffed and rebuffed!

I think you do the fans a disservice here.

Some matches under Allardyce in the Prem often pulled 17/18k home fans, 13.500 with 25 from Bristol isn’t bad considering the past 10yrs of shite.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What utter rubbish. Every effort? Everything is conditional, strings attached, there is no logic behind any of it.

roughly 4k walk on's today. Thats a good. I got my parents a ticket each with the offer was doing for this game. Its a good offer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

So around 13,000 home fans on.

Despite being served up with dross since Xmas.

That's 5000 on top of our season ticket sales.

If the club had any interest in making efforts to boost attendances they'd be trying to persuade those 5000 to buy season tickets for next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

How low are season ticket sales going to be next year when we finish 13th and the price will go up to £550?

We'll announce prices at the back end of June when the season is history, most people are off on their summer holidays and we've sold Brereton and put prices up to the most expensive in the Championship. Then wonder why sales are poor.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We'll announce prices at the back end of June when the season is history, most people are off on their summer holidays and we've sold Brereton and put prices up to the most expensive in the Championship. Then wonder why sales are poor.

But you might be able to bring 1 friend with you to a couple of games....

6 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Todays gate of 13500k including not many from Bristol was a respectable one.

How long have you been going on Ewood ?  You should know better, your recent self appointed attempt at club PR man needs to stop.

You are to fan representation what Agnew was to club directorship.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

Bring a friend for a standard game in March, in the middle of a horror run was never going to work. 

A bundle in one tier of one stand for consecutive Saturday’s would not get more than hundreds.

This Final Five makes absolutely no sense, one of the five was covered already by a tenner ticket if you could co-ordinate with a ST holder and one is a night game that struggles for walk ons anyway, plus it works out at £24 a ticket in the JW! Much more expensive than a half ST and miles more so if you can’t make just one, which of course, plenty of floating fans won’t be able to make - that’s why they pick their games in the first place and don’t just buy a ST.

It’s really very simple - sell a ST, a half ST, even a ‘Quarter ST’ to get as many as possible signed up for a potential renewal for next season. Then pick a game in the actual run in - I.e Stoke on Easter Monday or the final home game against Bournemouth and make it a tenner, anywhere in the ground - no strings.

This isn’t hindsight as I said what would happen as soon as they went on sale. If I can see it on my zero pounds a year, why can’t highly paid executives use past evidence and act accordingly? *enter that overused Einstein quote here*.

• Like 2

The attempted promotional activity is gonna actually do more harm than good anyway. Any stay aways who've been tempted back recently will be wondering why they bothered. You'd get more entertainment at Accy Stanley, I actually know a few people going down there these days instead, which I absolutely don't agree with and would never do personally, but each to their own.

• Like 1

Gates have gone up 3 or 4k since first half of the season and yesterday was virtually all home fans. These little initiatives seem to add about 500/1000 tops although only around half of those will have been tempted. Other half will probably have been trapping up anyway.

So walk ons have doubled in recent months and now they have a real ST deal needs hatching for next season. If they can't come up with something on the back of this season to get the figure to 10k and above again they need to feck off.

Support is still there, not what it was pre venkys but 12/13k regular can be achieved if they price it right and keep having a real go on the pitch. Yesterday was frustrating and the end heartbreaking but it was still absorbing full on stuff in the 2nd half, that's what football is all about.

54 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

The attempted promotional activity is gonna actually do more harm than good anyway. Any stay aways who've been tempted back recently will be wondering why they bothered. You'd get more entertainment at Accy Stanley, I actually know a few people going down there these days instead, which I absolutely don't agree with and would never do personally, but each to their own.

Called into Stanley last Saturday to watch Rovers v Fulham in their brand new function room Coleys Bar. Fantastic function rooms and set up, reasonably priced drinks and packed out for both the Rovers and the teatime KO game Liverpool. definitely worth calling in to watch a live TV game...

As for going watching Stanley ..er no thanks!..but same as you Ossy i know a few who have given up on Rovers and settled for Stanley.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you have the right to tell people what people should be doing with their free time and hard earned money and why?

I haven't told anyone what do with their free time and money? maybe look again at the post again instead of posting what you did when I never mention money, free time, etc

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I haven't told anyone what do with their free time and money? maybe look again at the post again instead of posting what you did when I never mention money, free time, etc

You said "You should go to support the players and club you supported."

I don't see what gives you the right to tell people why they should attend, implying that they should go no matter what. They should go as and when they please like you and I do going to every home game.

You like Waggott seem unable to grasp that like every club, Rovers have lots of different types of fans. Not every fan goes no matter what, nor are we in a position to question that.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You said "You should go to support the players and club you supported."

I don't see what gives you the right to tell people why they should attend, implying that they should go no matter what. They should go as and when they please like you and I do going to every home game.

You like Waggott seem unable to grasp that like every club, Rovers have lots of different types of fans. Not every fan goes no matter what, nor are we in a position to question that.

same again, You haven't look at the post I have reply to. You are trying to play the man and not the ball as the phrase is. 

Yet again, I haven't told anyone when or whether they should attend or even how many times. So why the hell are you going on about that for I have zero idea