BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

what do people think of Jesse Marsch's appointment as Bielsa's replacement at Leeds? 

Some 6 pointers games coming up for teams. Interesting times ahead for the bottom 7 clubs

Not sure on Marsch - had success in the US and Austria I read but flopped in Germany? Don’t know his ‘style’ but it’s a big job to turn Leeds around without Philips. 

On the six pointers - agreed and I’m worried. In normal seasons I’d relish it, these are the games we win but this season that has not been the case, we haven’t stepped up in the pressure games. I think it’s Norwich, Watford and one other from Us, Leeds and Brentford. 

8 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not sure on Marsch - had success in the US and Austria I read but flopped in Germany? Don’t know his ‘style’ but it’s a big job to turn Leeds around without Philips. 

On the six pointers - agreed and I’m worried. In normal seasons I’d relish it, these are the games we win but this season that has not been the case, we haven’t stepped up in the pressure games. I think it’s Norwich, Watford and one other from Us, Leeds and Brentford. 

Leeds have taken a big gamble, I’d say it’s more likely to fail than succeed.

• Like 1

On Leeds. The manager has only succeeded in smaller leagues not the big ones he has been in. I would suggest the latter is more akin to the Premiership which doesn't bode well. 

Also on Leeds no Plan B shows the former manager's weakness. Even Mr Stubborn himself, Souness, pragmatically moves to a diamond in midfield in the season it went really badly to ensure we ground our way to safety. Bad move for Leeds that they didn't beforehand. Will the new guy be more flexible? He needs to be if they are to stay up. I hope they don't mind. 

On Burnley - all to play for. Brentford are running out of steam which surprises me, I don't rate Lampard as a manager, Watford and Norwich look doomed. It's all to play for for them and they could well grit and claw their way to safety. Mind you whatever teams go down really should be kicking themselves as plenty of other clubs are doing poorly to offer alternatives for relegation, providing they have a modicum of success and a few wins. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

On Leeds. The manager has only succeeded in smaller leagues not the big ones he has been in. I would suggest the latter is more akin to the Premiership which doesn't bode well. 

Also on Leeds no Plan B shows the former manager's weakness. Even Mr Stubborn himself, Souness, pragmatically moves to a diamond in midfield in the season it went really badly to ensure we ground our way to safety. Bad move for Leeds that they didn't beforehand. Will the new guy be more flexible? He needs to be if they are to stay up. I hope they don't mind. 

On Burnley - all to play for. Brentford are running out of steam which surprises me, I don't rate Lampard as a manager, Watford and Norwich look doomed. It's all to play for for them and they could well grit and claw their way to safety. Mind you whatever teams go down really should be kicking themselves as plenty of other clubs are doing poorly to offer alternatives for relegation, providing they have a modicum of success and a few wins. 

I wouldn’t rule Roy Boy out at Watford yet but I can’t see Norwich pulling clear.

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

I don't know much about Marsch at all. Will be interesting how he goes for him. 

Some massive games and ahead for clubs in the coming weeks

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Darrenbot said:

Helped but you still have to get them playing as a team.

Anybody who thought Howe would relegate them with financial backing was being silly. He kept Bournemouth in the Prem for a number of seasons on much less and that was through engendering an excellent team spirit. Exactly what Newcastle needed. He was a pretty astute appointment all things considered. 

• Like 1

I haven't seen a team throw the towel in like the Rags did today. Most of them players were a disgrace to the game and supporters who at the very least deserve to see players at least trying. Worst of all was that Fernandez who was embarrassing. If I supported them I would honestly never want to see him playing again.

Man City was excellent second half and I really enjoyed Mahrez's 1st goal. Good strike. 

De Bruyne is world class midfielder 

On Manchester United, they have massive problems to sort out this summer and its starts in 2 places a recruitment of right manager and quality signings.  They are going need a squad overhaul and I read today that the new manager there might only 50 million pounds in the summer. On the appointment of the next manager they aren't going to attract the top level manager 

Roy Keane and Gary Neville have slammed the United players second half performances

On 05/03/2022 at 16:36, simongarnerisgod said:

dingles are now like a boxer who has had to many fights,there is nothing left

Mee was a big miss, Tarkowski was not happy on the left of defence and this seemed to impact the whole left side and also Collins - who is still learning - so we shall see. I stand by my view, if we fail to win on Saturday then it is pretty much game over as we clearly don't have what we need to win the games to stay up. Win it and we fight on. It is our games against Brentford, Norwich, Watford, Everton and Newcastle that will really decide our fate, not the Chelsea's etc. No question it is a big ask.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Mee was a big miss, Tarkowski was not happy on the left of defence and this seemed to impact the whole left side and also Collins - who is still learning - so we shall see. I stand by my view, if we fail to win on Saturday then it is pretty much game over as we clearly don't have what we need to win the games to stay up. Win it and we fight on. It is our games against Brentford, Norwich, Watford, Everton and Newcastle that will really decide our fate, not the Chelsea's etc. No question it is a big ask.

That James is one hell of a player. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I guess it was look forward to next season with Mee and Tarkowski won't be there. So Collins will be the number 1? Do you have any more centre defenders in your squad? 

Saturday game against Brentford is vital, and Toney is in form now

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I guess it was look forward to next season with Mee and Tarkowski won't be there. So Collins will be the number 1? Do you have any more centre defenders in your squad? 

Saturday game against Brentford is vital, and Toney is in form now

Mee may well still be there yet. We have Kevin Long, whose ok as fill in but you wouldn't want him as first choice. If Mee leaves we will need to bring in an experienced centre half to play alongside Collins for sure. As with everything which league we are in will impact hugely on which positions we need to add for. 

Saturday always was vital and, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, our failure to turn up for these types of games this season are why we are where we are. Lets see if we can get a win Saturday and push on. After that we have City - who always seem to score 5 against us - followed by Norwich, assuming they don't slip the Everton game in before hand.

46 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That James is one hell of a player. 

Yep - Chelsea were poor first half and had we scored who knows - but they blew us away second half, though we did our best to help them.

26 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Mee may well still be there yet. We have Kevin Long, whose ok as fill in but you wouldn't want him as first choice. If Mee leaves we will need to bring in an experienced centre half to play alongside Collins for sure. As with everything which league we are in will impact hugely on which positions we need to add for. 

Saturday always was vital and, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, our failure to turn up for these types of games this season are why we are where we are. Lets see if we can get a win Saturday and push on. After that we have City - who always seem to score 5 against us - followed by Norwich, assuming they don't slip the Everton game in before hand.

Yep - Chelsea were poor first half and had we scored who knows - but they blew us away second half, though we did our best to help them.

Games like the one against Chelsea you know that you won’t get many chances so when they come along you’ve absolutely got to take them. Especially when it’s still 0-0.  I thought MacNeill should have at least hit the target, with it being on his favoured foot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Hope you escape longsiders and send third and fourth division clubs like Norwich, Watford and Brentford  back where they belong. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I think Mee will move to elsewhere to be PL squad player next season. 

Think it will be interesting summer recruitment for you and your club