BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League season 21/22

20 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

I was brought up in Bury but out in the countryside, i've moved around a bit and i live in Trafford now both my kids are mancunions! but know they are from Lancashire.  I think it depends on where you live, i'd say Bolton, Wigan, Bury, Rochdale see themselves as Lancashire. Not so sure about Stockport, Altrincham definitely still say Cheshire. Manchester is a fantastic city nothing wrong with feeling an affinity to it

I agree, Manchester is a great place.

I'll put this here as it's primarily football related; ESPN - Abramovich sanctioned, Chelsea can't sell match tickets

I assume that it will be business as usual for Chelsea in the short term but will they be the same force over the next few years?

Even if they are bought out by another billionaire I doubt that they'd have same need to spend as much as Abramovich has done.

It's far from business as usual at the moment unless things change. Chelsea are not allowed to offer any new contracts or sell any match tickets. They have limits on the amount they can spend on games at £500K for home games and £20K for away travel costs - they are saying that's not enough. There may well be compromises made but right now it's a real problem for them.

They can only be sold if it can be guaranteed that none of the proceeds will go to Abramovich.

2 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

Bolton is in Lancashire as in Wigan, Bury, Oldham, Manchester etc, Lancashire isn't defined by the county council boundary, if it was Blackburn with Darwen wouldn't come under it as BWD is a unitary authority. Greater Manchester is an admin area not a land county. The act in 1974 made it clear this was the case and that the county palatine of Lancashire existed over the top of this as the historic county still exists. This has been confirmed numerous times over the years by different governments

Received a letter the other day and the address at the top finished "Liverpool, Lancashire"

From someone who knows what's right

• Like 4

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

It's far from business as usual at the moment unless things change. Chelsea are not allowed to offer any new contracts or sell any match tickets. They have limits on the amount they can spend on games at £500K for home games and £20K for away travel costs - they are saying that's not enough. There may well be compromises made but right now it's a real problem for them.

They can only be sold if it can be guaranteed that none of the proceeds will go to Abramovich.

I was a bit vague. My business as usual comment referred to the club as a whole. This season will end as it began in that they'll have the same squad and will fulfill all fixtures, but I don't know what Chelsea will look like after this. 

49 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I was a bit vague. My business as usual comment referred to the club as a whole. This season will end as it began in that they'll have the same squad and will fulfill all fixtures, but I don't know what Chelsea will look like after this. 

Whilst they have been given permission to pay their staff it's not clear how much money they have immediate access to to do that. If further capital is in Abramovich's account that could be tricky

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

hasn't Abramovich already said any profits from the sale from the club will go to the victims of the Ukraine crisis?

Chelsea's officials have met the government today to discuss the problems with the special licence. I feel sorry for fans who won't be able to attend the game due to not being ST holder 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

hasn't Abramovich already said any profits from the sale from the club will go to the victims of the Ukraine crisis?

Chelsea's officials have met the government today to discuss the problems with the special licence. I feel sorry for fans who won't be able to attend the game due to not being ST holder 

I don't feel sorry for any fan of Chelsea. If Rovers were owned by a Russian oligarch then I wouldn't see it any differently. Some things are more important than  football.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Net proceeds will go to charity. However he has £1.5bn of loans he's writing off so it'll peanuts going to charity and he'll walk away with zero profit but equally zero loss. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I don't feel sorry for any fan of Chelsea. If Rovers were owned by a Russian oligarch then I wouldn't see it any differently. Some things are more important than  football.

Absolutely. Abramovich's mate is bombing hospitals. Chelsea are part of the fallout in trying to stop it. Not having a few fans watch a match is hardly something to feel sorry for them over.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Absolutely. Abramovich's mate is bombing hospitals. Chelsea are part of the fallout in trying to stop it. Not having a few fans watch a match is hardly something to feel sorry for them over.

there is a bit of hypocrisy and double standards going on in the premier league,chelsea basically shut down because their owner is a supposed mate of a despot while newcastles owner  chops journalists into little pieces but they get to carry on regardless!!!!!

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

there is a bit of hypocrisy and double standards going on in the premier league,chelsea basically shut down because their owner is a supposed mate of a despot while newcastles owner  chops journalists into little pieces but they get to carry on regardless!!!!!

So would you prefer that no action was taken against Abramovich.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Feeling sorry for Chelsea fans? Nah, sorry; does not compute

And lo and behold, the government comes to the rescue

https://www.ft.com/content/f1e162dc-ea02-4193-ac67-f9f2548dd41e

If Chelsea were not one of the "elite" clubs, such as Rovers, this would not have happened

Chelsea have fans in high places, Deputy PM for one. Football's never had anything like this before and now that Barclays have suspended their bank account, albeit temporarily, how can they continue business?

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

I'm not arguing against that. We all know that the Premier League has no scruples and we've had plenty of debate on here regarding the Saudi's taking over Newcastle but they are a separate case to Chelsea. 

I'm not going to feel sorry for Chelsea supporters. They now dine at the top table courtesy of a Russian billionaire who's investment towered Jack Walker's at Rovers. Without him they'd not have 2 Champs league titles so all this poor Chelsea sentiment doesn't tug at my heartstrings.

Fingers crossed for Everton beating Wolves, Leeds beating Norwich, Watford beating Southampton.

If the conflict in Ukraine and sanctions on Abramovich continue - which I expect they will for the next few months at least - then Chelsea need to be kicked out of the League.

He isn't able to sell them and isn't allowed to bankroll them. The League will require evidence that Chelsea are able to fulfil their fixtures in order to start the new season. This is why Bury were refused permission and kicked out. 

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Fingers crossed for Everton beating Wolves, Leeds beating Norwich, Watford beating Southampton.

If the conflict in Ukraine and sanctions on Abramovich continue - which I expect they will for the next few months at least - then Chelsea need to be kicked out of the League.

He isn't able to sell them and isn't allowed to bankroll them. The League will require evidence that Chelsea are able to fulfil their fixtures in order to start the new season. This is why Bury were refused permission and kicked out. 

If India invaded Pakistan suddenly and the Venkies were sanctioned as Indian oligarch’s would you want Rovers to be “ kicked out of the league “ ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If India invaded Pakistan suddenly and the Venkies were sanctioned as Indian oligarch’s would you want Rovers to be “ kicked out of the league “ ?

I wouldn't want us to be no, but if the UK government imposed strict sanctions on them then we would have to deal with it. I think there is a league rule that proof of ability to fulfil fixtures is required before being allowed to start a season. If that can't be provided then the rules should be applied equally - just as they were for Bury. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

The UK government is allowing Abramovich to sell the club and He is set a deadline of next Friday for bids to come in for the club. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10606783/Lifeline-Chelsea-UK-ministers-say-sanctioned-Roman-Abramovich-sell-football-club.html

There is number of interest parties in buying the club 

Chelsea sale: Former Liverpool Chairman 'in talks' to spearhead US bid | Daily Mail Online

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10606623/Chelsea-Jonathan-Goldstein-man-Todd-Boehly-Hansjorg-Wyss-led-consortium.html