BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (h) - 3/11/2021

Was there last night - horrendous - but recorded the game and watched just now. It's hard to know where to begin. Midfield in particular were awful and Nyambe didn't look interested. Brereton and Dolan were starved of service and they were simply significantly better all over the pitch. They are a decent side but we made them look world beaters. Big job to pick the players up for Saturday. Like many others I'd love to see a change of owners and Management but it won't happen any time soon I'm afraid. I've said it before and I'll say it again we are a mid table side at best and those who think otherwise need to wake up and lower their expectations

Performance dreadful but the worst performance was from Mowbray being totally unable to set up a team tactically.

Supporters who remember our Premier League winning team will remember Mark Atkins was a right-back/right-half who could play at centre-forward(and score!)as he did against QPR and Paul Warhurst could also have played either position(and did,I think). Buckley is a reasonable young player not at their level.

We dont look fit or strong enough never mind organised.

Insisting on playing promising but more limited players way out of position on a continuing on-going basis as some sort of " low-league Pep" is ridiculous.

Ive noticed several players looking to the manager from the playing pitch for instruction and guidance with nothing forthcoming(even more prevalent last season).

Fulham targeted Edun because they knew him inside-out as a former player.

• Like 1

I did mention the Coventry fans i spoke to recently being of the opinion Mowbray and Waggot sounded exactly the same as they did down there. And that in their opinion that's the way they would have us heading if they executed their plans.

NO better evidence to back that up than last night.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Performance dreadful but the worst performance was from Mowbray being totally unable to set up a team tactically.

Supporters who remember our Premier League winning team will remember Mark Atkins was a right-back/right-half who could play at centre-forward(and score!)as he did against QPR and Paul Warhurst could also have played either position(and did,I think). Buckley is a reasonable young player not at their level.

We dont look fit or strong enough never mind organised.

Insisting on playing promising but more limited players way out of position on a continuing on-going basis as some sort of " low-league Pep" is ridiculous.

Ive noticed several players looking to the manager from the playing pitch for instruction and guidance with nothing forthcoming(even more prevalent last season).

Fulham targeted Edun because they knew him inside-out as a former player.

Brereton was yelling at the bench all night he certainly didn't look happy.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rothwell is in front of Nyambe, all the midfield are 😉

Jesus, Dolan had some stinker too now that I think of it. Did he even touch the ball 

He just kept stopping half way when chasing back...especially second half...unfit that lad....he hasn't got man fitness 

25 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I did mention the Coventry fans i spoke to recently being of the opinion Mowbray and Waggot sounded exactly the same as they did down there. And that in their opinion that's the way they would have us heading if they executed their plans.

NO better evidence to back that up than last night.

Exactly. When I was discussing the original attempt to flog off Brockhall in the midst of a 16 game losing run on a Coventry forum someone said:

"So you're us 5 years ago. Sorry"

And look how they've thrived since Mowbray/Waggot/Venus left their Club. 

Regardless of the owners, anyone who thinks that a better manager than Mowbray couldn't do a better job than him with the same set of players and with the same financial backing, simply isn't thinking straight.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Some interesting stats from last night's two teams I thought I'd share.

brful.thumb.jpg.b0881910e9fd10933d3dd05b512f14dc.jpg

This in no way is a reason to excuse or forgive a 0-7 home result, but I just wanted to have a look at the various budgets and experience of both sides. The fact these two sorts of teams are even in the same division (and Rovers were only 5 places away from Fulham before the start of play) shows the real problem with the Championship, the behemoth the Premier League is and how far away promotion actually is.

Top 5 Stats (Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue One and Serie A - largely accepted as the biggest 5 leagues in world football)

Values courtesy of transfermarkt.co.uk

What a great pity it is that 11 short years ago, the owners came in, gave Anderson a free reign and allowed him to take a wrecking ball to the club. Had we maintained our status for another 3-4 years, we would have been looking at these figures being applied to us, not some other club, who we now can’t complete with.

Even after relegation, we were the team with the parachute money, yet very nearly suffered another relegation, such was their negligence.

We are simply not going to recover from that ever. They are still essentially totally negligent and allowing people with an agenda to run amok and just sitting back ignoring it. 

• Like 1

As others have said, when we went down to 10 the formation appeared to be a kind of 4-2-3.  I could be wrong about that but It was so fluid it was difficult to say for sure.

Surely, surely you have to go to a rigid 4-4-1 and be resolute behind the ball? 

The manager is responsible for that, nobody else. It’s still so frustrating looking back at that shambolic “performance”

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yet Blackpool beat Fulham 1-0 at home in September, so how can they compete and we (allegedly) can't?

Exactly. No one is accountable and no one ever has been in 11 years. Unless there is someone to answer too, certain people will do as little as they can to get by. I bet when you look under the bonnet lid at Blackpool, you see a well oiled machine, designed to get the best out of the car it serves. With Rovers it’s a pile of junk and rust, that stutters along. 

5 hours ago, riverholmes said:

I'd be grateful for anyone who saw the game to explain what was happening here, for Wilson's first goal. after we went down to 10 men. It looks like a 3-3-3 formation.

ECA7.tmp.png

I've just seen the highlights and it is a really sorry sight. Rovers players were utterly lost and frightened, such that we had virtually everyone in the box trying to defend and we were still getting picked off with simple crosses. The absence of any meaningful structure in the team must go down as Mowbray's fault.

It was 4-3-2 with Brereton and Dolan up front but staying wide ish. 

Mowbray should have took Johnson off for Carter not Buckley. 

But Mowbray got it completely wrong tactical from the start. Buckley isn't a false 9. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Exactly. When I was discussing the original attempt to flog off Brockhall in the midst of a 16 game losing run on a Coventry forum someone said:

"So you're us 5 years ago. Sorry"

And look how they've thrived since Mowbray/Waggot/Venus left their Club. 

Regardless of the owners, anyone who thinks that a better manager than Mowbray couldn't do a better job than him with the same set of players and with the same financial backing, simply isn't thinking straight.

These fellas came out with this stuff completely unprompted to me.  They didn't seem to have hate for the trio and did say there was a boat load of issues going on. However the general point was these lot bought into it, pitched their own plan and made everything worse.

As well as a whiff of opportunism to make money from house building etc in Venus's case.

I think we all agreed the lot of them are more suited to lower league desperate type clubs. Not anybody who is a fair sized club but needs pushing in the right direction upwards with modest backing. 

11 minutes ago, Doogs said:

Better coached. Better manager..Simple as that

Better owners and proper structure, including accountability in place too.

Hard to believe that they were in more turmoil than us, when Mowbray arrived. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

These fellas came out with this stuff completely unprompted to me.  They didn't seem to have hate for the trio and did say there was a boat load of issues going on. However the general point was these lot bought into it, pitched their own plan and made everything worse.

As well as a whiff of opportunism to make money from house building etc in Venus's case.

I think we all agreed the lot of them are more suited to lower league desperate type clubs. Not anybody who is a fair sized club but needs pushing in the right direction upwards with modest backing. 

Yet again then, the owners have allowed themselves to be taken in, by a bunch of chances. How can they keep on getting it so wrong?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lraC said:

Yet again then, the owners have allowed themselves to be taken in, by a bunch of chances. How can they keep on getting it so wrong?

Imo it's Barry and his middleman who only seem to want to deal with a certain set of peoples clients.

Just why is the million dollar question.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Imo it's Barry and his middleman who only seem to want to deal with a certain set of peoples clients.

Just why is the million dollar question.

It is very strange and can only lead me to think, something sinister is still going on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Those first three years of their ownership ruined the club beyond recognition and we've never recovered. It's just been one embarrassment after another since they walked through the doors.

We know they entrusted the slimy one to run the club for them in the early days. With history repeating itself over and over again, with results counting for nothing, with another manager looking un-sackable no matter what and just their sheer refusal to act...it all leaves me wondering the following:

Are we really expected to believe that the slimy toad just upped and left them to it in 2014 (or 2015) and has washed his hands of the club? Over recent years a new agency has popped up with connections to the old cretins and it's clear that this is the only place where our managers have been coming from for the last 5 years. Why? That's what I want to know.

The charade we see would make a bit more sense if somebody else was to have some sort of vested interest in the club, allegedly of course.

A rotten stench still pervades the club, imo, and the club won't recover until the entire lot of them are uprooted. We will be back once Venky's are gone and the rest of the poison is flushed out. It's just a matter of waiting for that day, even though it hurts.

100% agree. The HSH agency has connections with the slime you mention. No way did he just get up and leave, hence the questions Coyle was asked, about his connections, when appointed.

I used to wonder and strongly thought, that somehow, it was linked to betting markets, but even that makes no sense any longer.

I sincerely hope that the significant changes for the better, mentioned by a couple of people is accurate, as I can’t take much more.

I am due to take my 7 year old Grandson to his second ever match soon, but I’m considering cancelling his little treat. 

47 minutes ago, lraC said:

It is very strange and can only lead me to think, something sinister is still going on.

Some just playing with it, some trying to make a few quid out of it.

All peeing in the same pot and collectively not much idea but always handy to have limp yes men in the hotseats.

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Some just playing with it, some trying to make a few quid out of it.

All peeing in the same pot and collectively not much idea but always handy to have limp yes men in the hotseats.

It becomes a thing when what I consider to be entertainment starts to make me angry. Investing years of your life, following your home town team, bringing your children up to do the same, only to see it destroyed by conmen and chancers, is hard to take. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I clearly(i thought!) meant your not in a position to criticise other fans for not chanting 'mowbray out, etc...' when your there and not doing it yourself.

I wouldn't criticise any supporter for voicing the opinion whether their view is Mowbray should be sack or Mowbray should stay

Every supporter has their view 

5 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

Still nothing from club/manager or players, you'd at least expect the captain to come out and say it was unacceptable surely?? 

Not quite nothing - does liking opposition players Instagram posts help? Include Butterworth who is an offender here too. Many will say this means very little in the grand scheme of things and I do agree to an extent, but it’s so insensitive to the fans. People paid money to go!

FD7DCAD0-98A6-4664-910D-35E633922577.jpeg

3949E767-D2C4-4DA4-8EDB-D8E936D751D3.jpeg