BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (h) - 3/11/2021

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Exactly @tomphil, it should have been a damage limitation exercise. 

We could have put everyone behind the ball and got away with a 4 nil score, but oh no, Mogga knows best.

The one I felt for last night was Edun. He got ripped to shreds, but Mowbray just let it happen.

The thing is it would have been a simple stratagy. You are 2-0 and a man down to a better side. Any normal manager would go to 4-4-1. Bring on Carter to make up the four at the back. Move Buckley to his preferred midfield role to make up the midfield four. then decide which one of the remaining forwards will be sacrificed (for me it would have been Dolan) . It would probably have ended in a defeat, but not a humiliation.

• Like 8

Some interesting stats from last night's two teams I thought I'd share.

brful.thumb.jpg.b0881910e9fd10933d3dd05b512f14dc.jpg

This in no way is a reason to excuse or forgive a 0-7 home result, but I just wanted to have a look at the various budgets and experience of both sides. The fact these two sorts of teams are even in the same division (and Rovers were only 5 places away from Fulham before the start of play) shows the real problem with the Championship, the behemoth the Premier League is and how far away promotion actually is.

Top 5 Stats (Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue One and Serie A - largely accepted as the biggest 5 leagues in world football)

Values courtesy of transfermarkt.co.uk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, El Tombro said:

Do you really think Mowbray who, as a reminder, is the Head Coach, works on a two banks of four or any other type of structure in training? I've seen little evidence of that for as long as Mowbray has been here.

He doesn’t work on the defence, Danny Graham confirmed that on Radio Lancs the other month.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

This in no way is a reason to excuse or forgive a 0-7 home result, but I just wanted to have a look at the various budgets and experience of both sides. The fact these two sorts of teams are even in the same division (and Rovers were only 5 places away from Fulham before the start of play) shows the real problem with the Championship, the behemoth the Premier League is and how far away promotion actually is.

Top 5 Stats (Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue One and Serie A - largely accepted as the biggest 5 leagues in world football)

What a smokescreen. The fact is we showed zero endeavour or organisation. That costs zero.

We weren't constantly out done by sheer brilliance but by very poor attitude and application.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Very good.

Blackpool beat Fulham and Preston won at Bournemouth last night.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BigUts said:

What a smokescreen. The fact is we showed zero endeavour or organisation. That costs zero.

We weren't constantly out done by sheer brilliance but by very poor attitude and application.

I did refer to that underneath the graphic, I'm not condoning or forgiving the attitude or commitment of the players and the manager, it was very poor, unacceptably so.

Just looking at the statistical facts.

1 hour ago, Doogs said:

I will be there for the first time this season. Its time the fans stood up as one. Time to call for Tonys head...

The fans won't stand up as one, and that's one of the problems.

If we're winning, I doubt there'll be a whimper of discontent.

Otherwise, anyone shouting at Mowbray or Waggott will be rounded on by the happy clappy zombies, who are evidently prepared to accept anything.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, booth said:

Ratty was on a million per year plus bonuses. If I remember correctly his championship salary wasn’t lower but actually a bit higher (and written into to contract when he took the job) - £1.2m, am I remembering that right?

A wages rise for relegation 🙄

Bonuses were offered for relegation.It left most on here speechless.

Nyambe phoned in his contribution last night. Utterly disinterested he barely went through the motions. He might be an athlete but there is a lack of basic ball skills or intelligence. After nearly 5 years of supposed development he is still barely adequate for the Championship. Now he has clearly lost any motivation for this club he needs to be moved in January. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Tonyoz usually does a review of individual performances. If he can steel himself to watch the game again it should be interesting.

I managed the first half...........I'll maybe do the rest later if i can summon up the enthusiasm.

26 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

I did refer to that underneath the graphic, I'm not condoning or forgiving the attitude or commitment of the players and the manager, it was very poor, unacceptably so.

I wouldn’t say values are facts, I would say they are based on some pretty useless algorithm and opinions.

Granted the appearance markers are factual and say a lot.

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Just read through all the posts on here last night and this morning. Thought I’d wait til I made a post. Well, I’m getting more and more pissed off as the day goes on.

For a manager who spends so much time worrying about other teams, how can anyone possibly explain how isolated our fullbacks were for the entirety of last nights game? They were both doubled or trebled up on every single attack.

How has Johnson played 90 minutes? The entire midfield were disgusting last night, while Travis seems to have got a bit of a pass for getting a bit petulant for 5 minutes, they were all woeful, but Johnson really stood out.

Van Hecke is brainless. He has shown this from day one and has been an accident waiting to happen. It’s only down to some abysmally bad officiating he didn’t cost us all the points and see a red on his debut. He’s a donkey who can only head a ball, gets far too tight every time and wrestles his opponents but still gets turned.

I left after about 75 minutes last night, but the players had turned it in well before then. Disgraceful night where nobody comes away with any credit, and Mowbray should pay with his job. However, the fact he won’t should wake a few people up to our current reality. We have dreadful, dreadful owners who do not give a shit. I’m not going to be grateful for the fact they are as rich as they are stubborn.

I still don’t understand how Buckley goes from a central midfielder, to a right back and onto a false 9 within the space of a week. Fuck me!

also, why did he persists with 3 forwards all game, utter craziness, he clearly has no plan b, when it’s going wrong it continues to go wrong under, Tony.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think they are though, aren't they? As in that's how much Fulham paid for them 

Is that what it is based on? If so I retract my comment, I thought it was like Football Manager, where they just come up with randomly wild valuations.

Last night was the first Rovers game I've watched in a while, and what a shambles it was.

It succinctly sums up Venkys reign; a disaster.

It echoed everything that is written on here after games. No plan, no defence, no positional sense.

For Mowbray to say that they were in it before the sending off is laughable. They weren't at the races, couldn't string 2 passes together, and were being pulled apart by a Fulham team with some talented players. 

As Sparks said; after the sending off Rovers should have gone 4-4-1 with the midfield compact to stop balls into channels. They would have still lost, but would have preserved goal difference, frustrated Fulham, and may even have managed to nick one.

The LT should put up the graphic that has been on here showing Rovers results when they start the game 8th or above. It's striking on how bad it is.

I would not pay an entry fee to go to Ewood to watch Mowbray's Rovers. Fair play to those who stuck it out last night, and who have done over the Venky years. Whether it's blind loyalty, masochism, hope, or habit you've got more staying power than I would have.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, alcd said:

. After nearly 5 years of supposed development he is still barely adequate for the Championship. 

Sorry can't agree.  A good manager with a structured approach would use and motivate Nyambe into much more than we see. The lad can defend one on one , he's got rubbish in front and to the side.

• Like 6

• Backroom
57 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Ha, I found it interesting Rog, tough crowd today! For obvious reasons. 

To think, just a few months ago that would read 61 international goals to ZERO. 

Hell of a difference. As you've said, none of it excuses that shambles last night, but does highlight the disparity of where we're at.

And we're due to lose a handful of our better players soon, how low are those stats going to be then!

• Like 2

An absolute joke. If ever you wanted a perfect illustration of our negligent owners, last night was it. They deserve our ire more than anyone else. Watching a manager who should have been potted 18 months ago lead out a desperate group of players cobbled together (8 kids/academy graduates, a loanee, a freebie, 3 cheap signings and just one of any value) whilst our absent owners are nowhere to be seen whilst their "baby" sinks to a new low. Little surprised that our record home loss in 146 years is within the 11 years that they have been here.

Little use or need for detailed analysis, none of the outfield players would have scored over 2 out of 10, but special mentions for the idiot that is Van Hecke, his early appearances have threatened the sort of clumsiness and cowardice that we saw yesterday, horrendous defending. And Edun is not a left back, technically and physically fine but AWOL too often including for their 3rd and 4th goals. Plus Rothwell should hope that Gerrard wasn't watching.

Venkys out. Mowbray out. 

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We see how they turned up. 

They were awful at Blackpool away and didn't turn up there. Also been beaten by Reading and Coventry. 

BTW it has been raining today tho. 

I think they turned up. It is Rovers that don't turn up on a cold night in Blackburn.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rog of the rovers said:

Sorry rog, I wasn't meaning to come across as aggressive towards your comparison, which is fair and valid, but any comparison of such ilk is indeed going to draw conclusions which suggests we were merely out done by a more expensively assembled squad.

It could have been PSG last night and the team cost nearly £1b to assemble and it still would have been a wholly unacceptable, quite frankly disgusting "performance" of players that clearly have no pride for even themselves never mind the club.

The Labore element of our motto is the most important. We can all forgive being outclassed, that's the nature of sport but I won't accept is drawing a strawman proposition that we got beat 0-7 because Fulhams squad cost x amount more than ours or has x amount greater international or league appearances.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BigUts said:

Sorry rog, I wasn't meaning to come across as aggressive towards your comparison, which is fair and valid, but any comparison of such ilk is indeed going to draw conclusions which suggests we were merely out done by a more expensively assembled squad.

It could have been PSG last night and the team cost nearly £1b to assemble and it still would have been a wholly unacceptable, quite frankly disgusting "performance" of players that clearly have no pride for even themselves never mind the club.

The Labore element of our motto is the most important. We can all forgive being outclassed, that's the nature of sport but I won't accept is drawing a strawman proposition that we got beat 0-7 because Fulhams squad cost x amount more than ours or has x amount greater international or league appearances.

Absoltuely BigUts, no offence taken, we're all desperate for Rovers to do well. I respect your views wholeheartedly.

The Labore part in particular is extremely valid.

We're all hurting today, no matter where you feel the buck stops. Last night was as tough a watch from the Riverside as I'm sure it was from anywhere else...be it Clitheroe, California or Australia!

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 3