BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (h) - 3/11/2021

2 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Our points total certainly backs up your argument with regards to the standard of the Championship.

However, you did say we would "dare to dream", if we won on Saturday, which I interpreted as thoughts of promotion.

We will not get promoted to the Premier League under Mowbray, no matter how poor the Division is.

If Mowbray continues in the job relegation will happen, bottom 6 this season , followed by relegation ..

He is so out of depth it is not true..

• Like 4

I've got in to a Twitter exchange with a blind fool, holding up the fact we aren't Bury or Bolton as beacon as to why the Raos are competent owners.

Do people really not see the irony in comparing us to a club that is basically extinct and one that was very close to being so as being a genuine justification for the Raos sticking around?!

I would LOVE to be given the keys to the kingdom with no debt. The employment of competent people to run this club should ensure we can wash our face in this division. Look at the six fingered lot down the road - a football club with small resources ran with competent FOOTBALL people can achieve great things. 

We have plummeted to an all time low in my opinion. The season will unravel from here and it showed last night that these players are not playing for Tony or Maggot. TIME TO P*SS OFF.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

I think he’s talking bollocks too, but had that handball from Johnson’s header been given, at 2-0, with BBD in the form of his life that’s almost a given at 2-1. Could’ve changed the game. We were by no means ‘still in the game’ at that point though, it would’ve got us back in it.

I am totally baffled that there’s still people absolving him of any blame & not agreeing that he needs to go. A very long season to come…

That wasn't a handball. Maybe Reeds was. We were getting totally outclassed and even if we did score a penalty , we were losing by at least 4 

• Like 1

• Backroom

There’s a good few holier than thou, enlightened types on twitter this morning.

The annoying thing is the air of arrogance that comes with it.

Its weird that on the back of a 7-0 loss I felt that Fulham actually eased off, at 4-0 they seemed content to see the game out till we proved that it would be easy for them to have a few more 

• Like 6

I've seen the happy chappy Facebook brigade shrugging it off because Fulham are a Premier League side (clearly not as they got relegated). It's frustrating when you first hear it but gets worse when you think about it some more how many times have league 2 / conference teams drawn a PL team in a cup comp and kept it tight or even held for a draw. Ryan Nelsen and his New Zealand amateurs held Italy to a 1-1 draw at the world cup, they didn't role over and take it because iTaLy R rEaL gUd. Passion desire and grit cost nothing and that starts at the top. That man on the touchline displays non of it so why would the team

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I've seen the happy chappy Facebook brigade shrugging it off because Fulham are a Premier League side (clearly not as they got relegated). It's frustrating when you first hear it but gets worse when you think about it some more how many times have league 2 / conference teams drawn a PL team in a cup comp and kept it tight or even held for a draw. Ryan Nelsen and his New Zealand amateurs held Italy to a 1-1 draw at the world cup, they didn't role over and take it because iTaLy R rEaL gUd. Passion desire and grit cost nothing and that starts at the top. That man on the touchline displays non of it so why would the team

If anyone shrugs that off they aren’t a Rovers fan. How can they see the club damaged like that?

Same people who defended Kean no matter what and we’re fighting with their own.

Edited by booth
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Two relegations, shipping seven goals three times, a lost 10000, our lowest ever league position, made dozens of people rich, sold part of Jack's legacy, ground in disrepair and many, many other serious failings.

A promotion from the old Third Division. 

I put this because someone described the last decade as a rollercoaster ride. I have never seen a rollercoaster that just plummets. And the really sad part is that some are still grateful to them.

Stockholm Rovers!

7 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

A shameful night in this Clubs long history...I still can't come to terms with what I witnessed.

These morons on Twitter etc,have they no pride,don't they care what is happening at Ewood...have they no common sense?

They aren't morons in most cases.  It's a hard thing to admit, especially for younger fans who haven't seen any success, that the club is in terminal decline and that the fans are powerless to do anything about it.  People clutch for straws. That's why religion is so popular.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

A shameful night in this Clubs long history...I still can't come to terms with what I witnessed.

These morons on Twitter etc,have they no pride,don't they care what is happening at Ewood...have they no common sense?

What a way for our clown of a manager to celebrate the becoming the third longest serving post war manager., by delivering the worst home result in our history. He should give us all a chance to celebrate by handing in his resignation today and pissing off back to boro. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

The fact they've actually called for the manager to go is a significant change at least. Hopefully this convinces some of the happy clappers

A handful that were left at 0-7....

It really shouldn't take that but to be fair any outsiders who likes to call our crowd needs to look at last night. The patience on show by the diehards was unbelievable, sadly it's also very misguided.

At 0-3 i thought if the crowd turns our lot will crumble and it could end up embarrassing. Didn't need to worry about that though it happened anyway and Mowbray instead of trying damage limitation you stood with his hands in his pockets. Threw some more kids on and just made it worse.

Pillock.

• Like 4

Exactly @tomphil, it should have been a damage limitation exercise. 

We could have put everyone behind the ball and got away with a 4 nil score, but oh no, Mogga knows best.

The one I felt for last night was Edun. He got ripped to shreds, but Mowbray just let it happen.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 4

Well, this should be an interesting poll ...

A wise man once told me to try & find a positive in every situation, no matter how bad the situation, no matter how small the positive, so at least you can win a Tony Parkes Art Print by voting ...

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/football/match/716984/blackburn-fulham

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StubbsUK said:

Well, this should be an interesting poll ...

A wise man once told me to try & find a positive in every situation, no matter how bad the situation, no matter how small the positive, so at least you can win a Tony Parkes Art Print by voting ...

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/football/match/716984/blackburn-fulham

I wish I could vote minus numbers for the manager.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Woken up still shell shocked after last night. Definitely don’t want to go on Saturday. Or probably ever again to be honest. The lack of apology from Mowbray is incredibly galling too.

• Like 9

The fact that this Management Team (Waggott, Mowbray et al) in the last 11 months alone have:

1) overseen basically our worst run of form in our history.

2) our lowest home league attendance in half the world's populations lifetime.

3) now the biggest home defeat in BRFCs 146 year history.

4) Are allowing our captain, right back and creative midfielder to leave on (nominal) frees 1 year after our best player got sold at 50% value, AND have Diaz, Travis and Kaminski already in Armstrong contract territory (option dependant). Magloire, Carter, Davenport and Butterworth are all also free agents in 6 months.

5) Thirteen contracted "players" for 2022-2023: Pears, Stergiakis, Ayala, Wharton, Pickering, Travis, Dolan, Buckley, Rankin-Costello, Dack, Edun, Gallagher, Butterworth.

Yet they're all more likely to get a new contract than be sacked.

Despair.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

To be fair K Saturday is the perfect opportunity for all those that have stayed away due to Venkys ownership/Mowbray still in a job/ ticket prices etc etc  to come down to Ewood and voice their dissent whilst only putting £14-60 into their coffers.

It could be a very uncomfortable afternoon for Mowbray and the gang and the £14-60 ticket prices could now blow up in their faces with a volatile undercurrent on the terraces.

Could get a bit tasty come 4-50pm..

I'd urge everyone to get down to Ewood and give Mowbray, Waggott ( if he can be bothered turning up for once) Venus and Lowe what for on Saturday irrespective of the result

• Like 5