BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Just now, J*B said:

He’s doing absolutely nothing wrong. You’ve given an opinion, he’s asked what you’re basing it on. You do the exact same thing all the time on here.

I’m unsure why you’re being so defensive (or if it’s just the wording of your post making it read as defensive) but I’m confident there’s no malice in it, so it might be worth changing your tone to avoid causing unnecessary disruption. 

I am just curious why he asking what I am basing my opinion when I have already mention before what I based my opinion given I mention is signing 3 years on here and in the past months. 

Just for the record I am not accusing him of any wrong doing btw JB. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I am just curious why he asking what I am basing my opinion when I have already mention before what I based my opinion given I mention is signing 3 years on here and in the past months. 

Just for the record I am not accusing him of any wrong doing btw JB. 

Meh, must just be accidental wording. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But played most of this season and maybe he is over the injuries. Ayala was signed despite being a risk. 

He can always do his own research and since I have mention that I wanted us to sign him 3 years ago. I posted a video for people to look at just like another poster did for me when I asked about Scott Twine. 

And he missed most of the season!

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

He’s doing absolutely nothing wrong. You’ve given an opinion, he’s asked what you’re basing it on. You do the exact same thing all the time on here.

I’m unsure why you’re being so defensive (or if it’s just the wording of your post making it read as defensive) but I’m confident there’s no malice in it, so it might be worth changing your tone to avoid causing unnecessary disruption. 

Bout time this was called out. Been happening far too long. Well said J*B

• Like 2

I think the squad as a whole maybe needs 1 or 2 new solid additions, at most 3. 

But the additions need to strengthen the team, and be able to get the team to the PL. The players we sign, we need to ask, are they good enough to play at PL level, or is the championship the best they can offer?

Who we sign, needs to be on par or better than what we currently have, because that will ensure that we don't sign players just to fill numbers. We have been here before, where we sign players, who just come into make the squad full. 

• Like 3

For those suggesting that the Scottish route to recruitment isn't ambitious enough if we have an eye on the PL, I don't think that's true. There's plenty of Scottish players performing well in the PL, namely Andy Robertson, Billy Gilmour, Stuart Armstrong, Keiran Tierney, and of course John McGinn who joined Villa whilst they were in the championship with us (indeed we were supposedly in for him then).

Souttar clearly has ability, though I would agree his injury record is concerning. But if he can be signed now on the cheap or on a freebie pre-contract for the summer, to me it's worth doing imo.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, J*B said:

I would assume he wants to know what you’re basing your opinion on so he can work out what level of consideration to give your opinion. It really doesn’t need a question. 

Exactly this @chaddyrovers I just wanted to know whether the opinion came solely/predominantly from highlights reels which are notoriously misleading and are not fit for purpose in regards to judging a player, of if you have seen the player playing full matches, which obviously is a different case altogether.

Not many people have suggested having seen the player play very much thus much of the general analysis like what my own would be is purely speculative, ie the merits of signing a player in general on a pre-contractual agreement when we don't know what league we are going to be in, analysing our own centre backs contracted beyond this season and looking at the players injury record which is objective and raises a big red flag.

3 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

For those suggesting that the Scottish route to recruitment isn't ambitious enough if we have an eye on the PL, I don't think that's true. There's plenty of Scottish players performing well in the PL, namely Andy Robertson, Billy Gilmour, Stuart Armstrong, Keiran Tierney, and of course John McGinn who joined Villa whilst they were in the championship with us (indeed we were supposedly in for him then).

Souttar clearly has ability, though I would agree his injury record is concerning. But if he can be signed now on the cheap or on a freebie pre-contract for the summer, to me it's worth doing imo.

Totally take your point that it is impossible to pre-judge based solely on what league/nationality a player is from.

Billy Gilmour has been hopeless at PL level though so a poor example, Norwich fans were singing "fuck off back to Chelsea" today and it is difficult to stand out as poor in that team!

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Totally take your point that it is impossible to pre-judge based solely on what league/nationality a player is from.

Billy Gilmour has been hopeless at PL level though so a poor example, Norwich fans were singing "fuck off back to Chelsea" today and it is difficult to stand out as poor in that team!

I was unaware of that, but he's still only young & a quality player in the making. Anyone would struggle at Norwich just now.

Fair enough if you disagree, but I think my overall point still stands, looking at the other examples cited.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Ei! because Scotland has such a wealth of top quality hidden gems, they can barely muster together a semi respectable national team

Goodwilie with that👍

If shorts weren't compulsory and they were allowed to wear their skirts, I'm sure they'd be world beaters.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

But played most of this season and maybe he is over the injuries. Ayala was signed despite being a risk. 

He can always do his own research and since I have mention that I wanted us to sign him 3 years ago. I posted a video for people to look at just like another poster did for me when I asked about Scott Twine. 

Chaddy, with respect, re the last paragraph and the previous replies to other posters, you ask people where they get their information from and what they base their opinions on CONSTANTLY, especially when it contradicts your own thoughts.  Whenever someone comments on a player, you question them as to why the think/say what they do.  You can't get uppity with someone for holding you to the same standards really, can you?

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

the comment about BB and his partner wanting to live abroad could be pretty telling. 100k a week is probably pushing it a bit though hahaha

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Did you watch that game? Was he that poor? 

21 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Mowbray also says he doesnt think we are in talks with Souttar

Same about Pickering didn't he? 

19 minutes ago, mustard said:

Chaddy, with respect, re the last paragraph and the previous replies to other posters, you ask people where they get their information from and what they base their opinions on CONSTANTLY, especially when it contradicts your own thoughts.  Whenever someone comments on a player, you question them as to why the think/say what they do.  You can't get uppity with someone for holding you to the same standards really, can you?

Point taken

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

the comment about BB and his partner wanting to live abroad could be pretty telling. 100k a week is probably pushing it a bit though hahaha

I'd be tempted to sit him down and tell him some home truths. BB was gash for 3 seasons prior to this one and whether we agree with it or not the club stuck by him as did TM. I'd want him to sign a new contract and insert a foreign club release clause for 25m and ask him to repay the faith that has been shown to him. I think he is quite cheeky taking that stance if being honest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

I have no issue with signing Souttar based on his ability/potential but his injury record is a huge concern for me and if it becomes a case of Lenihan walking and this guy replacing him, that is a massive risk as we could very will lose both him and Ayala (would be 2 of our main Cb's) for months at a time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

I'd be tempted to sit him down and tell him some home truths. BB was gash for 3 seasons prior to this one and whether we agree with it or not the club stuck by him as did TM. I'd want him to sign a new contract and insert a foreign club release clause for 25m and ask him to repay the faith that has been shown to him. I think he is quite cheeky taking that stance if being honest.

That's asking him to hand over about 5m to us  .would you.?  He must be in for a good signing on fee

53 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I have no issue with signing Souttar based on his ability/potential but his injury record is a huge concern for me and if it becomes a case of Lenihan walking and this guy replacing him, that is a massive risk as we could very will lose both him and Ayala (would be 2 of our main Cb's) for months at a time.

I agree with that, but I'm not saying that's the only deal I'd do; I would  want us to sign another CB either in Jan or summer as I do think that we are short there exp if playing a back 3/5 system , taking into account injury records & likely suspensions for our existing CBs.

I just think that given his reputation as a quality player, IF Souttar can avoid injuries he would be a good signing for the next couple of seasons and not especially expensive, whether we go up or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

That's asking him to hand over about 5m to us  .would you.?  He must be in for a good signing on fee

I'm actually the sort who would do what is best for all parties. He will get his sunny move but he should remember those who have helped him along the way and repay them too, as without them he doesn't get his dream. It's a sad indictment of today's world that people often forget the role of others and shaft them for their own gain. If that were tried with me, I'm hard enough to extend his contract and ban him from the club, saying enjoy 18 months off, let's see who will sign you after no games/training for 1.5 years.  We don't need the money, we'll sign Tony Watt 👍 see you later.

6 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

If that were tried with me, I'm hard enough to extend his contract and ban him from the club, saying enjoy 18 months off, let's see who will sign you after no games/training for 1.5 years.

Let's see who would ever sign for the club after pulling that stunt

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Let's see who would ever sign for the club after pulling that stunt

Anyone who wants to play at our level of football. Would you be put off by a club that would stand by you during a bad spell but expect some loyalty in exchange. And be strong enough to stand by the principal ?