BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

A bit unfair to say he should have an "offensive" role when he seems by all accounts to be a decent lad on and off the pitch

Or do you mean "attacking"? 

....you're a smart enough bloke, I'll let you figure it out Jim.

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agree with all that.

Unless a genuinely stupid bid came in for any of them and by that I mean £10m plus we'd be best served in holding firm until the end of the season, seeing if we can get promoted and then re-assessing if we are.

I agree with that for Lenihan and Rothwell. I'm not sure Nyambe is as critical as those two and his situation in particular seems to be causing some frustration in the camp. Purely from the tidbits of info that has come out over the last 18 months, it's sounded as though his mind has been made up on moving on. My worry is in a few months time we might be on the cusp of the automatic places or worse the playoffs and he then has an eye on his next contract. Mentally he might not give 100% or physically won't as he doesn't want to get injured. If we can sort a replacement and get offered £3mil I'd be very happy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tugay Et Labore said:

I agree with that for Lenihan and Rothwell. I'm not sure Nyambe is as critical as those two and his situation in particular seems to be causing some frustration in the camp. Purely from the tidbits of info that has come out over the last 18 months, it's sounded as though his mind has been made up on moving on. My worry is in a few months time we might be on the cusp of the automatic places or worse the playoffs and he then has an eye on his next contract. Mentally he might not give 100% or physically won't as he doesn't want to get injured. If we can sort a replacement and get offered £3mil I'd be very happy.

There's no suggestion at all his particular situation is causing unrest in the camp. Unless he is an unpopular figure in the dressing room the others are more likely to be upset or unsettled if the Club wont sort anything out with him and he leaves.

I'm not sure either why the argument about Nyambe potentially taking his eye off the ball doesn't apply equally to the other two. The key for me is to have cover available for all of them in the unlikely event that did happen. Getting promoted would increase their worth several times over.

• Like 1

Isn’t it risky for the out of contract players to wait to see if we are promoted etc? If promoted surly we’d be looking for better? If they don’t want to sign now I’d withdraw the offers if promotion comes along. Don’t see them being currently linked with other top flight clubs.  

• Like 1

Nyambe is good in a back 4 . Infact he can be unplayable sometimes .

But playing a Back 5 is not suited to him . To be fair he's quite poor at it 

However it's suited to the rest of the team . And that cones first. 

I'd rather we keep him. But if we can get a player in who fits our system better (time will tell) then i don't think it's as big an issue him leaving as some people think . 

Would be nice to get someone in and keep nyambe and have abit of competition

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There's no suggestion at all his particular situation is causing unrest in the camp. Unless he is an unpopular figure in the dressing room the others are more likely to be upset or unsettled if the Club wont sort anything out with him and he leaves.

I'm not sure either why the argument about Nyambe potentially taking his eye off the ball doesn't apply equally to the other two. The key for me is to have cover available for all of them in the unlikely event that did happen. Getting promoted would increase their worth several times over.

I could be wrong, but TM has spoken more specifically recently about Nyambe's situation to the press. Also, it absolutely does apply to the other two, except things seem slightly more positive in comparison to Nyambe in terms of them signing a new contract.

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Quite a social media campaign building up against Nyambe from either new posters or posters who have been members of the site for some time but who have hardly previously posted.

I wonder how many analysts the Club employs?

1) See it as a sign that people are starting to want to get back involved and care about the club again. 

2) A campaign against Nyambe!? He wants to leave and some people have said is that he can leave with their blessing if we can get a replacement in. Hardly a campaign.

• Like 1

Pears not as much to blame on that one. But after the game he's had, half inclined to blame him anyway.

Commentator seems clueless to the fact that was clearly a cross that fluked in.

Edited by bluebruce

• Moderation Lead
37 minutes ago, Tugay Et Labore said:

1) See it as a sign that people are starting to want to get back involved and care about the club again. 

2) A campaign against Nyambe!? He wants to leave and some people have said is that he can leave with their blessing if we can get a replacement in. Hardly a campaign.

We have no idea if he wants to leave or not to be fair. People have started convincing themselves that Nyambe isn’t that good, in anticipation of him leaving, to justify that stance from where I’m sitting….

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Quite a social media campaign building up against Nyambe from either new posters or posters who have been members of the site for some time but who have hardly previously posted.

I wonder how many analysts the Club employs?

It doesn't go unoticed that the same people often start these things.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

A couple of injuries and a demoralising loss in the 94 minute. Today went exactly as I expected it to.

We just need to hope for the love of God that it doesn’t affect confidence. Far too often in the past it has.

not really demoralising,unless you are pears,it was never going to be a great match,wigan don`t like playing football muchthey niggle and don`t let the opposition play,we were in total control until the fateful mistakes,it`s not going to effect the outfield at all

53 minutes ago, booth said:

And to get rid of our old back up goalie. It'll be a terrifying sight the next time he appears in goal.

How are we getting of him?  Not even that super agent mino ravioli is getting him a move.

There's some morons on here that literally slag off Nyambe for his forward play. There's two sides to a wing back and the dude puts in a hell of a lot of work. As you can see, a typical winger/forward gets completely owned and taken out of the game (at league 1 level). it's not just about attacking prowess, you have to know how to defend - first and foremost!

All you Nyambe haters, hope you get what you wish for - a WB that destabilizes our defence. 

• Like 2

Its easy being the attacking outlet, but Nyambe has to do both sides of the game, Dolan did neither ( i love the lad and he was out of position, but it just shows a WB needs more than attacking flair). I think some people forget that fullbacks are meant to defen primarily? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

The dude gets up and down that pitch like you dont know. Did Dolan? Fell over most of the time. 

Dolan had his worst ninety minutes in a Rovers shirt today. Is it any coincidence that he was being asked to do something that is completely alien to him?

• Like 8

Just now, arbitro said:

Dolan had his worst ninety minutes in a Rovers shirt today. Is it any coincidence that he was being asked to do something that is completely alien to him?

I did say that, its not personal. Im just sayying that a WB needs both sides of the game. Primarily they need to know how to defend. 

• Like 1