BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Maya has played in the highest league in France, he's played in the championship and scored and he's scored in the Premier League...he's only 23... I would go for signing him on a permanent deal if we want to have a chance for promotion.

Healy as played in league 2 in France and never in the Championship. It's a no brainer to get Maya if we can.

Edited by neophox
  • Like 5

54 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Samba came from the Bundesliga. Not sure you can equate that with League 1.

I thought he was more a Hertha II player than the first team. Wiki says he played sometimes as a sub for Hertha first but mostly Hertha II who were third division.

Certainly not an established bundesliga player.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Samba

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Whilst the goals record itself is compelling, the level it's at is shite. He doesn't sound like he has much else to his game and he's not going to be cheap. At 27 unlikely to improve much or get a maximised re-sale. I'd swerve it personally, caveated with the fact I've not seen him and am just going off what I've heard.

He has been compared to Vardy at Leicester. 
btw how can you write him off so easily without having seen him?

Just now, roversinmyblood said:

He has been compared to Vardy at Leicester. 
btw how can you write him off so easily without having seen him?

Lord above, why does any expression of scepticism, no matter how much you clearly caveat it, have to be construed as 'writing him off'? People need to cut that shit out, it's a messageboard for expressing opinions. It's already boring having to clarify every time that this is 'I've not seen him and am just going off what I've heard', without still getting collared even when you do!! If I'd said he is dogshit, not good enough etc then fine, but come on.

Compared to Vardy, why? I haven't heard anything about him having electric pace. The opposite if I remember rightly.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Lord above, why does any expression of scepticism, no matter how much you clearly caveat it, have to be construed as 'writing him off'? People need to cut that shit out, it's a messageboard for expressing opinions. It's already boring having to clarify every time that this is 'I've not seen him and am just going off what I've heard', without still getting collared even when you do!! If I'd said he is dogshit, not good enough etc then fine, but come on.

Compared to Vardy, why? I haven't heard anything about him having electric pace. The opposite if I remember rightly.

This link will give you a very good insight into his strengths and weaknesses. Pace is mentioned as one of his strengths. 
https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/rhys-healey-at-toulouse-202122-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

This link will give you a very good insight into his strengths and weaknesses. Pace is mentioned as one of his strengths. 
https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/rhys-healey-at-toulouse-202122-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Fair enough, if he is quick then he would seem more suited to his we play now. That article does conclude that he is a limited player though, and seems to imply the team needs to be tailored to creating chances for him, which was the downside to Rhodes. If he can replicate the goals tallies at a higher level though, it might be worth some adjustment.

I still have more interest in Maja at the moment. Ideally on a loan to buy so we can see what we are getting.

Best signing we could make is Rothwell on a new 2/3 year deal, if he's not worth breaking the current 'wage structure' for then I don't know who is!! all the others on expiring contracts are replaceable, but players with his attributes are few and far between outside of the prem. (and he's one of the few players in the squad that could probably make the step up to prem standard if we got promoted)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 8

Interesting that the other forward we are after is from Europe and available on loan. It seems that Park is using his scouting knowledge and expertise to find these players. surprise we are after another forward considering the options we already have there. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Interesting that the other forward we are after is from Europe and available on loan. It seems that Park is using his scouting knowledge and expertise to find these players. surprise we are after another forward considering the options we already have there. 

Gallagher and Brererton weren’t exactly pulling trees up today. 

10 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Best signing we could make is Rothwell on a new 2/3 year deal, if he's not worth breaking the current 'wage structure' for then I don't know who is!! all the others on expiring contracts are replaceable, but players with his attributes are few and far between outside of the prem. (and he's one of the few players in the squad that could probably make the step up to prem standard if we got promoted)

Rather a short term contract is 8 months

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'd imagine he's mostly using our European scouting network that took us about 2 years to establish. His expertise will come in after, in deciding which of them we should go for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Tom Lawrence out of Derby would be cheap and proven to an extent..not sure after that miss though...🤔

Cheap? Isn’t he on £35,000 a week?

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Gallagher and Brererton weren’t exactly pulling trees up today. 

it was one game. It felt a strange game with no fans in the stadium and we couldn't get our attacking game going. 

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'd imagine he's mostly using our European scouting network that took us about 2 years to establish. His expertise will come in after, in deciding which of them we should go for.

he will have more contacts in Europe than we had before. Plus people within different countries he will know. 

• Like 1