BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And you know the terms, do you? If half the team aren’t signing them then they obviously aren’t worth the paper they are written on.

Of course not, they can get better elsewhere obviously be it financially or in footballing terms. If we want to keep them we offer the best we can, I would hope. As a club losing vast sums annually it would seem others can offer better deals financially.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Definitely not. That's a completely different excerpt to the one you originally posted that  I commented on which said "plotting a move for"!

Your amended version still doesn't say we've made a bid anyhow. Mildly encouraging though if there's any truth in it.

Rev, it’s literally the same link from my previous post. It’s the same excerpt from the article. 

I didn’t state we made a bid, I said an approach…. From that article it says we have made contact.

If you free next week, I’ll make some time in my diary for a specsavers trip.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Having reflected on this overnight I am even more of the view that Mowbray is completely out of order on this one.

We cocked up initially by not attending to the players Contracts at the appropriate time, but, given our position in the League and what's at stake, the owners quite correctly imo decided not to compound the error and stipulated that no-one was leaving this month under any circumstances.

Mowbray completely undermined that stance with his interview. He's hung Rothwell out to dry and alienated the fan base against him. We don't even know Rothwell has refused to play, but Mowbray has created the impression that might be the case when it may not even have happened.  It's not Rothwell's fault either if other Club's leave it late to make a bid for him. Mowbray could have stuck with the "he's injured" line and by Tuesday the whole thing would have been forgotten and the entire story would have been next week's chip paper.

If I was the other two I'd be fuming as well. They probably haven't followed through with any attempt to leave this month because they took the Club at their word that no-one would be allowed to leave this month. Now, as soon as there's a bit of interest in Rothwell, Mowbray performs a complete U turn, hangs the player out to dry and seems to be doing his best to go against the owners wishes and force the player out of the door. They'll be wondering why they didn't attempt to force the issue as well. 

The Club should be sticking to the stance they've taken throughout the window of no sales. Not performing a last minute U turn when it's too late to bring suitable replacements in.

No one will probably get the full story, as opinion always comes into play whoever you speak to.

We have been here before though, Mulgrew springs to mind, Danny Graham too after watching his comments on a podcast, Smallwood.

Once TM makes his mind up, thats it, you are gone. 

I think the interview as many interviews have been at Ewood during the Venkys reign, was a direct message to India, a direct ploy to force their hand. They will be be getting told, and also shown selective screenshots that the supporters want Rothwell gone, due to his actions to get them to change their stance. Its a dangeous move with the clock ticking, but one which has been used time and time again.

Its also one which saw Venkys take Shaw to court for going renegade against their wishes. I saw most all the internal communication during the Berg farce, and you really couldnt make it up to what lengths people will go to.

This is very much like the Rhodes to Middlesbrough transfer that didnt happen. Venkys said no, and meant no. Those at Ewood were actively trying to get rid, in the end venkys pulled the rug, he stayed, knuckled down and continued to play and score.

Either way, the distraction is not needed in our current league position

Edited by glen9mullan

1 minute ago, unleaded said:

Mowbray having problems convincing Suhail & Venkys to let him go …they don’t understand when a players head is no longer in it ….strange from the owners so Mowbray is doing what’s needed …..

How many do expect in tomorrow if you don't mind me asking?

6 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Mowbray having problems convincing Suhail & Venkys to let him go …they don’t understand when a players head is no longer in it ….strange from the owners so Mowbray is doing what’s needed …..

The elephant has never left the room.

• Like 8

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

The question is, if he stays, which I think he will…does he come back into the starting 11? Thoughts?

He’ll have to

45 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Rev, it’s literally the same link from my previous post. It’s the same excerpt from the article. 

I didn’t state we made a bid, I said an approach…. From that article it says we have made contact.

If you free next week, I’ll make some time in my diary for a specsavers trip.

The original article you posted appeared to be a twitter feed with a black background under the heading F1 sources.

It was that I was referring to.

It ultimately doesn’t matter if Venky’s come round to selling Rothwell or not, if we have no replacements lined up. You’d like to think we had them ready in case this happened, but as evident with Armstrong, they won’t have.

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

The question is, if he stays, which I think he will…does he come back into the starting 11? Thoughts?

Well, if you take Mowbray at his word (ha!) and Rothwell won't be leaving unless replacements come in first, he might have to.

In which case, what was the point in hanging him out to dry in the media and alienating the fan base against him.

9 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

If he plays good enough to earn a place, I would have no problem with Joe playing. Loyalty to a club is a long gone traite. If he is in our winning side at Swansea next week, I will cheer him. At least if he scores, he will not have to go through the kissing of the badge routine.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 5

Last night reflecting on this I kept thinking back to Rothwell’s very muted celebration against Cardiff. Yes there were no fans there, but something didn’t look right.

I don’t get how some are pinning this on Mowbray. Nobody knows what’s happened behind closed doors but I get the sense that Rothwell can’t have been busting a gut to play yesterday when his teammates desperately needed him. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, unleaded said:

I usually agree with you but completely disagree on this 

The owners were imo 100% correct to stipulate that no-one would be leaving this window and that shouldn't change just because there's been some last minute interest in Rothwell. In fact especially since it's so last minute.

They should be presenting a United front on this, and Mowbray shouldn't be undermining the message.

All that crap about he only ever moved twice during his career etc etc. If say Everton rang this morning and offered him 6x his salary to take over there he'd WANT to be in situ by Monday. However if the owners said "sorry mate you've got a vital job to do here for 4 months first" he'd have to suck it up and take it.

Edited by RevidgeBlue