BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

@arbitro

Maybe see what it ends up like rather than get too downbeat now, two new right backs and potentially a replacement from Spurs for Poveda isn’t too bad if nobody is sold

@islander200

I can’t see why not expecting a big chunk to be chucked at 5 months of football, is “defending the owners!” Come on.

• Like 1

In the space of a year after promotion from League one we invested near 15 million on 3 forward players in Armstrong,Brererton and Gally.

Armstrong big profit and Brererton another big profit likely. 

Now sat 3rd an attractive place for players to come and no money forthcoming.Joke

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JBiz said:

@arbitro

Maybe see what it ends up like rather than get too downbeat now, two new right backs and potentially a replacement from Spurs for Poveda isn’t too bad if nobody is sold

@islander200

I can’t see why not expecting a big chunk to be chucked at 5 months of football, is “defending the owners!” Come on.

Is 4 or 5 million a big chunk?We are in 3rd.Use some of the summer budget whilst we are an attractive proposition for players.The time to gamble(a little) is now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Is 4 or 5 million a big chunk?We are in 3rd.Use some of the summer budget whilst we are an attractive proposition for players.The time to gamble(a little) is now

The example above about spending “big” when we got promoted initially, and then made a profit - forgets 12 months or whatever it was without a single ticket sold.

I too would be happy seeing  that much spent on a couple of players but if it was at the cost of a transfer ban next season, because we finished third and lost in the play off final - Id be gutted! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If love nothing more. I want us to capitalise on  our position and I hope we do. But I feel disempowered to demand our owners pump £5m in addition to the £20m per season and £200m overall investment because I can see that like them or loathe them….they spent a lot of cash already.

Lets hope and pray that we have a great window 🤞🏽

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

They made a big profit on Armstrong and likely to do the same with Brererton.

Putting the prices up on tickets was taking the piss when no money being spent in the transfer market.

Mate….they’re £200m in. £200m!!!!! They haven’t made a profit on anything.

AA cost us £3m, has cost at £1m a year In wages for four years minus the 30% from Newcastle and the P&L is probably saying £7-8m profit from an overall investment of £200m.

Of course we hope they’ll keep pumping £20m a season in, write off the £200m and reinvest all our player sales cash into the squad…but we can’t EXPECT it!

Please, let’s have some context.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, islander200 said:

In the space of a year after promotion from League one we invested near 15 million on 3 forward players in Armstrong,Brererton and Gally.

Armstrong big profit and Brererton another big profit likely. 

Now sat 3rd an attractive place for players to come and no money forthcoming.Joke

That was nearly 4 years ago. The owners got excited after promotion and allowed Mowbray to spend.

IMO when they reached January 2021 and we were miles off promotion and going backwards on another tailspin they cut communication and ceased spending.

Some might blame the pandemic for that yet I remind myself of 2015 after Bowyer missed promotion and a very similar thing happened.

15 minutes ago, JBiz said:

The example above about spending “big” when we got promoted initially, and then made a profit - forgets 12 months or whatever it was without a single ticket sold.

I too would be happy seeing  that much spent on a couple of players but if it was at the cost of a transfer ban next season, because we finished third and lost in the play off final - Id be gutted! 

Yeah a transfer ban would be disastrous, we wouldn't be able to spend a grand total of 400k on a second choice left back like this summer!

13 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Every other club didnt sell tickets in that period. 

If £4 or £5 million being spent after selling Arma for 15 and the training ground for 16.6 million would lead to a transfer ban then just how badly are we being run?

17 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Fuck it.

At least we would've had a go for once.

Academy will keep us safe in the league if there's any ban.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

Yeah a transfer ban would be disastrous, we wouldn't be able to spend a grand total of 400k on a second choice left back like this summer!

Well we spent 600k or whatever on our first choice left back last January and he didn’t turn out too badly.

Just now, islander200 said:

Every other club didnt sell tickets in that period. 

If £4 or £5 million being spent after selling Arma for 15 and the training ground for 16.6 million would lead to a transfer ban then just how badly are we being run?

Or just how expensive is it to assemble a competitive squad in the championship - where teams are spending 2x what we are on wages.

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Mate….they’re £200m in. £200m!!!!! They haven’t made a profit on anything.

AA cost us £3m, has cost at £1m a year In wages for four years minus the 30% from Newcastle and the P&L is probably saying £7-8m profit from an overall investment of £200m.

Of course we hope they’ll keep pumping £20m a season in, write off the £200m and reinvest all our player sales cash into the squad…but we can’t EXPECT it!

Please, let’s have some context.

My point is the profit on Armstrong and the likely profit on Brererton proves that model is working in terms of making profit.Why move away from it?

To get any of that money back they are going to have to speculate.

Whats the alternative?Watch the club die a slow death?

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

What’s the point of a football club, if we are third in the league, have the money from the sale of our leading scorer from last season, but won’t spend it to try and achieve promotion? Might as well padlock the gates in the morning if we aren’t going to bother trying to achieve any success.

Who knows what the point of it is to them? If you want the job, find the cash to buy them out and give it a crack yourself pal?

Im not saying I don’t want exactly what you want. But I also see the risk in in ‘going for it’ not getting promotion and then paying the price.

How would you feel if we spent £10m, missed out on promotion and then had to lay off 50 staff in the summer? These are the risks and conversations that will be ongoing…

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

Fuck it.

At least we would've had a go for once.

Academy will keep us safe in the league if there's any ban.

We’re having a go with this squad tbf, and I’d rather us be in a position to improve next season if we aren’t promoted, rather than playing the shit or bust card

Someone in S8 should know that 😉 

It really is a load of horse shite that Mowbray interview. Talks about not spending as he wants to keep the squad together, yet says doesn't want loans because it doesn't 'build a football club'. Yet we're about to lose 3 of our starting XI for free. Every second sentence in that interview is the opposite of the sentence before.

Just now, islander200 said:

My point is the profit on Armstrong and the likely profit on Brererton proves that model is working in terms of making profit.Why move away from it?

To get any of that money back they are going to have to speculate.

Whats the alternative?Watch the club die a slow death?

The £3m a season into our Cat A academy has been a wonderful ‘speculation’….

The alternative is to understand the risk, try to improve the squad based on the cash you can afford to spend.

1 minute ago, JBiz said:

We’re having a go with this squad tbf, and I’d rather us be in a position to improve next season if we aren’t promoted, rather than playing the shit or bust card

We won't be in a position to improve next summer though JBiz. Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell will all walk free.

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

We won't be in a position to improve though.

Diaz, Rothwell, Lenihan & Nyambe won't be here and we'd have to spend to replace them adequately anyway.

The time is now.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The £3m a season into our Cat A academy has been a wonderful ‘speculation’….

The alternative is to understand the risk, try to improve the squad based on the cash you can afford to spend.

So im guessing Rothwell,Nyambe, Lenihen and Brererton wont be replaced next season?

Spending 4 or 5 million when promotion is realistic isnt going to send the club under.

Eat in to the summer budget now while players find us attractive.We will not have the same pull in the summer if we dont get promoted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Even Mowbray talking about planning for next season. He doesn't sound very confident in our chances of promotion does he?

Plus would you not think it would be wise and sensible using our position in the table to our advantage by attracting players. Players now will see us in 3rd place 

Firstly, I would suggest you calm down. 

Secondly, He says we are working on 3 or 4 transfer deals not including Zeefulk deal. So lets wait and see what we spend and what deals we do. You woukdn't expect us to be spending Brereton size transfer fees but I hope for 1 or 2 permanent deals before the deadline with another loan deal plus Zeefulk loan to buy deal. 

Thirdly, Do you really Mowbray is going to come out and say we have money to spend? no you wouldn't. Mowbray will always keep his cards close to his chest. 

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Chaddy we have brought in 15 million for Armstrong 

16.6 million for the training ground 

Brererton will fetch at least £15 million in the summer 

Yet we are still worrying about FFP.

The club has to look after the finances in the short, medium an long term well being of the club, and I would expect nothing else. 

The training ground sale is on last season club accounts. 

Armstrong money will go towards the running of the club including some transfer fees, wages and meeting FFP rules. 

Who knows what will happens with Brereton this season

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

Here you have a manager who clearly wants to move the club forward, clearly wants our out of contract players futures sorted out and feels powerless to do anything about it. The owners could sign those out of contract players up right now, give the club a massive boost for the promotion push, but here we are in limbo sitting 3rd in the league.

This is firmly down to these useless owners, they pulled the plug in the summer, we failed to sign most of our main targets due to funding, thankfully the manager had a few rabbits in the bag to put a team out.

Venkys out.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

So im guessing Rothwell,Nyambe, Lenihen and Brererton wont be replaced next season?

who knows what the future will hold for Lenihan, Rothwell, Brereton and Nyambe after the season. I have still very hopeful Lenihan, Rothwell and Brereton will be here next season. Expect Nyambe to leave

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

who knows what the future will hold for Lenihan, Rothwell, Brereton and Nyambe after the season. I have still very hopeful Lenihan, Rothwell and Brereton will be here next season. Expect Nyambe to leave

If we don’t get promotion this season, and hand on heart given the way the club is run I don’t think we will, there is absolutely no chance that Brererton will be at the club next season. Even if by some miracle we do get promoted I still think he’d leave given the clubs that are supposed to be wanting to sign him.

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Here you have a manager who clearly wants to move the club forward, clearly wants our out of contract players futures sorted out and feels powerless to do anything about it. The owners could sign those out of contract players up right now, give the club a massive boost for the promotion push, but here we are in limbo sitting 3rd in the league.

This is firmly down to these useless owners, they pulled the plug in the summer, we failed to sign most of our main targets due to funding, thankfully the manager had a few rabbits in the bag to put a team out.

Venkys out.

For Venkys going up to Premier League could be massive and we may have the biggest chance in many years. This makes no sense or are Venkys badly advised by our CEO. Steve Waggot?

• Like 1