v Peterborough United (h) - 24/11/21

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

if we are playing a back 5 then my team would be

Kaminski

Lenihan Ayala Wharton

Buckley Travis Davenport Rothwell Pickering

Dolan Brereton

I really don't want to see a back 3. 

I think, as someone mentioned in another thread, the surprises in the team selection going forward will end up being Lenihan phased out in favour of Wharton. 

A back 3 keeps Ayala and Lenihan in the team (for now) but gets some much needed minutes into Wharton.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Edited by davulsukur

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Just got in from work late. Can anyone confirm this is on sky sports or on the red button. If not I can set off now and probably just make kick off

It's on the red button. Sky are showing Bristol City v Stoke as their live game on Sky Sports Football and Main Event.

22 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Me too - and I'd be amazed if be doesn't. Ideally I'd like to see him alongside Davenport, who I still think we could see plenty from if he gets a decent run. 

I agree 100%. I saw the Buckley debate on this thread and I have been a big critic but will admit he has been better than before but I'd still like Davenport in. 

11 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I think, as someone mentioned in another thread, the surprises in the team selection going forward will end up being Lenihan phased out in favour of Wharton. 

A back 3 keeps Ayala and Lenihan in the team (for now) but gets some much needed minutes into Wharton.

Just my thoughts anyway.

of the three contract rebels,lenihan is the easiest replaceable,i don`t think we`de miss him that much,tbh he`s a bit of a bombscare,i.e there is always a mistake in him somewhere along the line

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Just my thoughts anyway.

It's a back 3.

Well a back 5. 3 CB's, two "wing backs".

Against lowly Peterborough.

Edited by booth

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

of the three contract rebels,lenihan is the easiest replaceable,i don`t think we`de miss him that much,tbh he`s a bit of a bombscare,i.e there is always a mistake in him somewhere along the line

Aye possibly. 

He is our captain though, which is why it would be a surprise to see him dropped in the next few weeks.

34 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Just got in from work late. Can anyone confirm this is on sky sports or on the red button. If not I can set off now and probably just make kick off

It's on Rovers TV for £10

Edited by bazza
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

The team results stats for when he isn't playing suggest otherwise.

10 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

All of the red button games are available to watch on the Sky App. This is according to the listings on Sky's website.

They always are, if you have a sky subscription to sky sports.

Edited by AAK

The system I suppose dictates that we only need one sitting midfielder, which I guess is why davenport has been dropped. However travis has been underpar for a long time now, I’d have dropped him and played davenport. Seemingly travis is one of Tony’s new soldiers, who has to play every week.

Edited by AAK
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Have you seen our record without him

Yes, I think it’s a fair comment from, Garner, it’s strange to say the least, I don’t rate the lad at all. However the team does do better with him, I can’t quite work out why.

Edited by AAK