BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

I have to say Burnley were impressive in the first half and could easily be three up. Their press is really good as is the passing. That said Huddersfield are poor and it looks like they only have nine players such is Burnleys dominance. I think Huddersfield might just crash and burn this season. On the back of an unlucky playoff final defeat they have lost their manager and best two players.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

hudds need to press a lot more,it`s like mowbray is managing them,no shape and no attempt to get the ball

They reminded me so much of us under Mowbray. A team without a plan.

25 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

huddersfield look like they are still in pre season,there is no excuse for being a yard slower than your opposition

Huddersfield do that. No energy, no closing down, no passion. 

I would bring on Rhodes now and get the ball to him

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Huddersfield do that. No energy, no closing down, no passion. 

I would bring on Rhodes now and get the ball to him

No closing down, no energy, no passion….

and you’d bring on Jordan Rhodes 😀

To do what exactly?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, den said:

No closing down, no energy, no passion….

and you’d bring on Jordan Rhodes 😀

To do what exactly?

To give more movement up front and run in behind their dingles defence. 

Huddersfield have done a lot better since half time. 

• Like 1

We’ll if that high press open at the back on the front foot is their game plane for 46 games they are fucked
Apparently it’s all been behind closed doors stuff so no one knew what there at.

Unless there is some hidden plan B or they have another high energy team waiting in the wings it’s just predictable. It’s another star player remembering what his manager did with the 50 million pound player

They’ve  sold everyone and replaced them with the cheaper version and it appears with a predictable approach to the game. We can easily match them man for man and commitment. Bring them on

• Like 2

I refused to watch any of the game but knew they would win tonight. It all stacked up in their favour. Huddersfield bound to have the post play-off final hangover and then on top of that have lost their manager and two best players in the last 2-3 weeks and appointed a rookie coach.

Ideal conditions for the dingles, lucky them.

Yeah they looked really good, especially in the first half. They went off the boil in the second half and Huddersfield could've nicked one back. Truth is they massively over achieved last season and I think they could be in big trouble.

My wife was buzzing even though I had to explain who most of the players were and what they were doing. She can't remember them ever playing as well as that first half. I rated that maatsen lad last year at Coventry and I think he'll kick on this season. We need to get our shit together if we play that team the way they played first half it could get embarrassing.

Said we are top of the league said we are …

Only managed to see short highlights so far but from what I’ve heard and the stats it sounds like we absolutely dominated them. 70% possession, 16 shots and 5 on target to their 2 shots and none on target. I guess a fair complaint would be we only scored one and on another day could easily have dropped points having been in total control.

Of course every game won’t be like that but it’s nice to start with a win. On to Luton next. I’ll be watching out for how you do against QPR. 

9 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Said we are top of the league said we are …

Only managed to see short highlights so far but from what I’ve heard and the stats it sounds like we absolutely dominated them. 70% possession, 16 shots and 5 on target to their 2 shots and none on target. I guess a fair complaint would be we only scored one and on another day could easily have dropped points having been in total control.

Of course every game won’t be like that but it’s nice to start with a win. On to Luton next. I’ll be watching out for how you do against QPR. 

Luton are shall we say “ combative “ . They beat us up at their place last season. One really reckless challenge put one of our players out for a couple of months and another sly elbow to the upper chest when the ball was on the other wing saw Gallagher go off coughing up blood. That one was totally un punished, the other incident was a yellow card.

It’ll be interesting to see how you go on. If it’s at Burnley they may have to rein in the physicality but down there be prepared for an ale house game.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Luton are shall we say “ combative “ . They beat us up at their place last season. One really reckless challenge put one of our players out for a couple of months and another sly elbow to the upper chest when the ball was on the other wing saw Gallagher go off coughing up blood. That one was totally un punished, the other incident was a yellow card.

It’ll be interesting to see how you go on. If it’s at Burnley they may have to rein in the physicality but down there be prepared for an ale house game.

The game at their place will be one for Barnes then 😬

Seriously though, something we will have to get used to dealing with. Under VAR there is so little of that now in the PL because some camera picks it up and let’s the ref know.