BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

4 minutes ago, booth said:

That or injuries. I have a terrible feeling we'll be a bit threadbare by the Burnley match.

On his day though Adam Wharton could dominate any midfield. Sadly I can't see him being thrown into the cauldron of hate at his age.

I can and I will be very disappointed if he doesn't start.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gav said:

burnley are the best side in this league with the best squad, I despise the bastards but you can't get away from that. Spending £22m on players this season alone means promotion should be guaranteed, they should win Championship at a canter. 

We lost 5/6 players from last season, but never had significant funds to replace them, don't fall for the bullshit above about trading.....Premiership money talks in this league and they've got pots of it. 

Minis vrs Ferraris

Time will tell but if we manage a win at the turd you might want to change that view a little😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Yep it's goosed, exactly as expected though.

They've got the whole process wrong from the start just so Waggott pockets an extra wedge of cash, utter disgrace.

How is the process wrong? it went in order as prescribed and advertised and with a limited availability just what else could the club have done?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

We must have a different view on 'building'. I'd say assembling an entire squad in one transfer window, many of whom are loans, on money few other clubs at this level could afford or be allowed to spend, is the opposite of 'building'. 

You mention wealthy benefactors yet don't mention tens of millions of borrowing from 3rd parties to prop the club up?

It's working so can't fault it so far but in reality Burnley have done this summer what any other parachute laden club has done over the years - used the Sky money to 'have a go' at bouncing straight back. If they succeed it resets things. If they fail then drastic cuts will be inevitable. Same applies to WBA, Watford, Norwich. Burnley no different. 

Because it doesn't exist. The borrowing was to buy the club, not a penny was spent on players - in fact we had to seel players to repay some of that borrowing.

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hanley always had crucial mistake in him. He’s no smarter now than he was when he was with Rovers.

Shame because he is a good defender in reality - also always seems to be on a short fuse.

4 hours ago, smiller14 said:

Probably a daft question, but what are people's plans for the day? I'm guessing nowhere in Burnley would welcome Rovers fans @longsiders1882? Was hoping maybe the Cricket Club would to avoid fans arriving en-masse with nowhere to go (bar the ground but depends on timing). I'll probably have a drink or 2 more locally to Blackburn and get a taxi to the ground (hopefully they have the gazebo area they had back in 2016) but dreading a scenario where I'm talking aimlessly around - particularly post-game.

With a lack of trains there isn't really a centralised place for Rovers fans to arrive where the police can 'contain' them, so quite interested how it will all be organised. Just fancy a normal day with a few beers, cracking atmosphere and no scrotes trying to kick off or attack people for the crime of attending a football match. 

So for this one I have literally no idea how it will play out. The Cricket club always welcome away fans - and hat is where the old bill normally advise people to go. This one is such a potential powder keg I don't know what they will do. Also being a 12:30 KO there won't be a lot of time for drinking.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

watched the Burnley vs Norwich game and to be honest it was boring. Burnley plenty of possession but no cutting edge and only scored down to handball by Hanley. Norwich had a better chances to score at the start of the second half but failed to take them. Overall Norwich performance was poor from them. 

We have nothing to fear when we played them. We need to be defensive solid against them and we have the attacking players to win the game. 

Do Burnley really have the best squad cos I would say they haven't. striker wise they are poor to be quite honest. Last night they were toothless. 

On Rovers losing 5/6 players from last season and us not having Significant funds to replace but we have actually signed players better than we had last season like Hyam and Brittain plus Morton and Adam Wharton have replaced Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell. Have we really missed those 3 really? not at al. 

They gone by 9.01am. I tried 9am on the dot but gone within a flash which says they weren't many available. I have some messages last night from people I haven't spoken to in months asking if they could use my ST for Burnley tickets if I weren't going. 

Rodriguez has scored as many as BBD - oh and we are top scorers in the division. Other than this your observation makes complete sense. I would agree you have the attacking players to hurt us though.

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s hard one to call. Will it be the Dingle experience or the Rovers youth that prevails  ? I can honestly paint a picture were we win. Kaminsky and the centre halves play like Trojans under plenty of pressure allowing BBD to race away to bang in the winner. We definitely do better when the opposition have more of the ball.

I'm not sure we have a lot more experience than you - lots of young players from Europe or on loan. I can easily see where you win, even win handsomely. In Diaz you have a striker who can get you the goals and (tempered by where he's from and who he plays for) I'm excited to see Adam Wharton, he could be the match winner for you. We can definitely be got at in defence however, despite Chaddy's view, we can also hurt you. If you can either effectively high press, disprupt our play and expose our defence or low block, frustrate our attacks and take the chances when they come you have every chance - in fact surely you go into the game as favourites, after all JH Rover, Chaddy and a few others say we are a bit rubbish, can't shoot, can't defend, dodgy keeper etc - walk in the park for your lads surely 😉

26 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

How is the process wrong? it went in order as prescribed and advertised and with a limited availability just what else could the club have done?

Do you think it's right that someone who hasn't been to an away game for 5 years, is in the same priority group as someone who regularly attends away game every year? This morning should have been for ST holders with X away games this season. That's what it should have been in order to be fair. That's what else the club "could have done".

Yes I know that's not what they prescribed or advertised, and that's what they said at the start of the season, but that is where they messed up.

Edited by Hasta

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I have always found it amazing how much weight you have given towards players for Burnley, throughout this and other threads on the board.

Who would have defined Cullen as "canny"? Based on what? The fact he was part of a poor Anderlecht side or based on his single season for Charlton in which they finished 22nd?

Or Josh Brownhill, who has spent his career in the Championship, save for 2 seasons at a dying Burnley squad in which they only just survived and then relegated. Can he play higher? History suggests not very well

The only player better would be Jack Cork, but he's 33 now, and found himself dropped, either through injury or form, in Burnley's last 2 seasons at a higher level.

For all of their canny play they find themselves neck and neck with our young lads.

If appearances are the benchmark for 'better' players then Jason Lowe has over 200 appearances at Championship level - is he canny or would you rather Morton?

I don't think we have to fear this Burnley squad at all. We can beat them.

I also thought Adam Wharton absolutely dominated Blackpool's midfield, whereas Burnley's succumbed to 3 goals conceeded.

Football is a funny old game

Aye it is a funny old game - how many did you bang passed Wigan?

11 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Aye it is a funny old game - how many did you bang passed Wigan?

None

Yet £23m later and you are still right with us

Built not bought is a myth too - you've spent over £100m since your time in the Premier League with nowt to show for it. Yet in your best period of recent history, and in our worst period in recent history, you now sit a lofty 2 points above us

Football is a funny game 😄

Did you buy a dingle European tour suitcase or wait until it was on offer?

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

None

Yet £23m later and you are still right with us

Built not bought is a myth too - you've spent over £100m since your time in the Premier League with nowt to show for it. Yet in your best period of recent history, and in our worst period in recent history, you now sit a lofty 2 points above us

Football is a funny game 😄

Did you buy a dingle European tour suitcase or wait until it was on offer?

Aye - of money we earned, not gifted by a kindly uncle or a billionaire owner 😉 Mind you we've plenty to show for it, training facilites finally brought into the modern age, ground imporvements etc. Also sadly a leveraged buy out, all but a literal opposite to a benefactor.

I know it's painful you've not beaten us in so long and we spent a few seasons above you, I've looked into that abyss and empathise, I can hear the anger in your posts, honestly let it go, it's just not good for you. Football is what it is, we will undoubtedly over time fade again and who knows where your journey will go - you've had 2 wealthy benefactors so far, I'm sure a third can't be far away.

40 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

So for this one I have literally no idea how it will play out. The Cricket club always welcome away fans - and hat is where the old bill normally advise people to go. This one is such a potential powder keg I don't know what they will do. Also being a 12:30 KO there won't be a lot of time for drinking.

Cheers! Might just head inside the ground. Being able to have a quick pint before the game gives a small sense of 'normality' to proceedings, as well as a focal point to be dropped off at. I won't chance my arm at The Turf or Royal Dyche 😁

I am bricking it for the game. If we show up, it will be a good game between good sides. If the Rovers who went to Wigan/Luton/Reading/Sheff Utd show up (or don't show up), we could get whacked. Any score is possible in this one and just hope it favours us. 

Funnily enough, since we dropped the long unbeaten record (albeit with few games) the derby games have been less stressful for me. Maybe it's me moving to Cardiff - I am absolutely desperate to beat them and hope they lose every week but I don't get the same 'all to lose' attitude I used to have. Just hope we give a good account of ourselves. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Cheers! Might just head inside the ground. Being able to have a quick pint before the game gives a small sense of 'normality' to proceedings, as well as a focal point to be dropped off at. I won't chance my arm at The Turf or Royal Dyche 😁

I am bricking it for the game. If we show up, it will be a good game between good sides. If the Rovers who went to Wigan/Luton/Reading/Sheff Utd show up (or don't show up), we could get whacked. Any score is possible in this one and just hope it favours us. 

Funnily enough, since we dropped the long unbeaten record (albeit with few games) the derby games have been less stressful for me. Maybe it's me moving to Cardiff - I am absolutely desperate to beat them and hope they lose every week but I don't get the same 'all to lose' attitude I used to have. Just hope we give a good account of ourselves. 

Exactly this for me - don't get me wrong I really want to win but a defeat won't ruin my weekend. That isn't true for some people I know though.

3 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Starting to get tasty in here. Love it.

Just a bit of gentle ribbing all round, at least on my part. It's a derby, we are all probably a tad nervous but in the end no matter the outcome live goes on and hostilities recommence other side of the world cup.

11 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Yep - and if the Burnley who turned up first half against Sunderland and against West Brom, Birmingham, Coverntry and Stoke it isn't likely to be a great day for us - just noticed we have really struggled in the Midlands.

4 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Aye - of money we earned, not gifted by a kindly uncle or a billionaire owner 😉 Mind you we've plenty to show for it, training facilites finally brought into the modern age, ground imporvements etc. Also sadly a leveraged buy out, all but a literal opposite to a benefactor.

I know it's painful you've not beaten us in so long and we spent a few seasons above you, I've looked into that abyss and empathise, I can hear the anger in your posts, honestly let it go, it's just not good for you. Football is what it is, we will undoubtedly over time fade again and who knows where your journey will go - you've had 2 wealthy benefactors so far, I'm sure a third can't be far away.

There's no anger here. Just a bit of light hearted ribbing - what did you expect from a Rovers forum?

Although you lot really can't get over Jack can you? Love he still lives on in your heads

There's absolutely nowt wrong with a home grown lad, who made a huge success of himself, spending his money on the club he loved. It wasn't for status (ie City) and he never sought to remove competition, he just pushed his home town club into the new age. And all of that money you've spent on your facilities and ground and it still doesn't shine a light on what Jack built in the 90s

One day a lad from Burnley might make a success of himself and spend some money bringing you up to the levels we reached. Then again pigs might fly

In those seasons you spent in the Premier League did you actually enjoy it? It was almost unanimous across the board it was dreadful football; we had Champions League winners and International captains; won the league and league cup and a real European tour. It was a fantastic time to be a Rovers fan and all thanks to one of our own. Lovely jubbly

You had Chris Wood and a trip to Greece. Bless.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, booth said:

Or to spin it another way, Hirst has 38 appearances in the Championship, 2 in the cup and zero goals. He's currently working on his fitness in the U23's. Not someone I'd want to pin my hopes on.

Dolan isn't a CF.

JDT seems very confident on Hirst and Vale on coming good for him. 

Dolan can and has played for forward role this season JDT. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I never specifically said that appearances are a benchmark for better players. I have seen Burnley a fair few times this season and Cullen has always stood out, dictating the game from deep. Brownhill is stand out at this level albeit limited (but still capable) at Premier League level and earnt a move previously based on standing out at this level and Cork is a canny operator too. Those 3 have proven themselves over many appearances but are not just good players because theyve played a lot of games. That us Burnley's strong point and they tend to dominate games in midfield but their attacking players hage blown hot and cold.

I do feel though that we lack experience in our midfield ranks and have said so all season, we have undoubted talent there but you look at Wharton, he either cant or Tomasson wont play over an hour or back to back games if we play midweek. The Burnley 3 are used to the grind.

Wharton has played 9 times in which he has started and played the full 90 mins 3 times, 3 times he started and been subbed between the 61 mins to 69 mins and other 3 appearances are from the bench 

1 hour ago, booth said:

That or injuries. I have a terrible feeling we'll be a bit threadbare by the Burnley match.

On his day though Adam Wharton could dominate any midfield. Sadly I can't see him being thrown into the cauldron of hate at his age.

Only 4 games before that game so doubt we will be threadbare by then. 

46 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Rodriguez has scored as many as BBD - oh and we are top scorers in the division. Other than this your observation makes complete sense. I would agree you have the attacking players to hurt us though.

I'm not sure we have a lot more experience than you - lots of young players from Europe or on loan. I can easily see where you win, even win handsomely. In Diaz you have a striker who can get you the goals and (tempered by where he's from and who he plays for) I'm excited to see Adam Wharton, he could be the match winner for you. We can definitely be got at in defence however, despite Chaddy's view, we can also hurt you. If you can either effectively high press, disprupt our play and expose our defence or low block, frustrate our attacks and take the chances when they come you have every chance - in fact surely you go into the game as favourites, after all JH Rover, Chaddy and a few others say we are a bit rubbish, can't shoot, can't defend, dodgy keeper etc - walk in the park for your lads surely 😉

Rodriguez has but your 2 other strikers Barnes and Dervisoglu haven't scored this season. 

BBD, Gallagher and Dolan have scored goals. Hirst and Vale haven't scored in the league this season. 

I never said you were rubbish did I but you had a lot of possession but didn't create alot of good chances. I thought Norwich was awful but had 2 good chances at the start of the second half. What did you think of your performance and Norwich's performance last night? 

1 minute ago, longsiders1882 said:

Yep - and if the Burnley who turned up first half against Sunderland and against West Brom, Birmingham, Coverntry and Stoke it isn't likely to be a great day for us - just noticed we have really struggled in the Midlands.

I'm going but expect to lose based on most of our away performances. However it's not unfeasible for us to get a result. I'm going to just enjoy the day. If we've lost 3-1 I'll be annoyed but like any other game. However the pressure / anger / fear of losing to Burnley was released when you finally won one.

Having said that, if it's a shitty referee decision, or if we self destruct in the last minute I'll be fuming.

18 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

am bricking it for the game. If we show up, it will be a good game between good sides. If the Rovers who went to Wigan/Luton/Reading/Sheff Utd show up (or don't show up), we could get whacked. Any score is possible in this one and just hope it favours us. 

Burnley have been poor aswell this season. Don't forget this. No team have been outstanding good and not running away with the league

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Burnley have been poor aswell this season. Don't forget this. No team have been outstanding good and not running away with the league

They have and so have we. If our players turn it on we can win but we all know we've got those days where it's like the players have just met. A lot of it hinges on BBD. He plays well and the team does, even if he doesn't personally score. It's weird as it's not as if he's the engine of the team. Would be great if he managed to kill the game off with one of his worldies, that's the main thing for Burnley to fear... And the Wilpshire Pirlo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

The mask always slips a bit from Longers when derby day approaches. 

It's Derby time and a bit of barb trading is going on - & I always get far worse than I give. Not a case of masks slipping, more a case of getting overly worked up -would you expect any different? These games still matter to me - and since the run ended this one has maybe more jeopardy than usual as it could well impact who goes into the break higher up the league.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Have the bars been serving alcohol on the ground for previous visits?

They did in 2010 but was bottlenecked and a nightmare to get a beer - led to fans bringing them to their seats (caused a storm at the time).

In 2016 they had a lovely (ish!) outdoor gazebo area with plenty of beer easily purchased. Obviously wasn't anything to write home about from a choice perspective but had no issue having a beer that time. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Here we go the old 'we did it the had way dingle spiel' 🤣

You wouldn't have got where you were in the first instance if it wasn't for Kilby and those others putting a few quid in and giving you a helping hand. So it's not like you were built up with shirt buttons and i know it wasn't on Jacks level but i remember reading Ternants book and him talking about all of a sudden having 700k to spend on Steve Davis (i think it was).  That was significant money at the time.

Ok they might have pilfered it back at some point but in the initial phases you had a helping hand with outside investment, everybody needs it.

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They've had some poor games, but their 'floor' is higher than ours - they've not really thrown in any stinkers, their sole defeat being a 1-0 defeat at Watford. Guessing you don't mean they've generally been poor, but of course they've been poor on occasion.

On the flipside, our ceiling is very high and if we're on it then we have a very good chance of winning. I wasn't forgetting they've been poor at all, but if we play like we did at some of those grounds we'll get thumped. Thankfully those performances seem to be few and far between now we've settled into a better system. 

I don't think we'll return to those no-show days as we appear to have turned a corner, but we have to be at our best to get anything from Turf Moor - they're unbeaten in 15 and we can't pretend they're anything other than a very good side at this level. 

I think this will be one of our sternest tests so far this season, perhaps behind Sheffield United given their form at the time. I am confident we can get something but we'll need to be at our best. 

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

you've had 2 wealthy benefactors so far, I'm sure a third can't be far away.

We’ve definitely only had one, unless you’re going back to mill owners in the 19th century.

Venky’s remain a wealthy burden. You lot have been the biggest beneficiaries of their ownership of Rovers!

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Do you think it's right that someone who hasn't been to an away game for 5 years, is in the same priority group as someone who regularly attends away game every year? This morning should have been for ST holders with X away games this season. That's what it should have been in order to be fair. That's what else the club "could have done".

Yes I know that's not what they prescribed or advertised, and that's what they said at the start of the season, but that is where they messed up.

What about non season ticket holders who have been to more than X away games ?