BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

In typical Rovers fashion there is still no announcement on tickets/sales for home fans.

We must be the only club in the country where we can sort out away allocations and the away club before we do anything about selling to our own fans.

This should have been ready to go weeks ago, instead we are now less than a month from the game and not a peep.

I fully agree with the approach to away fans but would at least expect some sort of effort from Rovers to get as many home fans in the ground as possible.

With only 2k away fans and 9k ST holders, it’s going to be a bloody big job to even get close to c18k if they set it at Cat A (£30-£35 )for a midweek Sky game.

Folk will be tuning in going ‘eh? Thought this was a big Derby? And they are both flying’.

Of course what they should do is set ‘members pricing’, ‘join 1875 and get your ticket for £20’ etc… alas they won’t.

• Like 3

I'm quite petulant about these things so if I were Rovers I'd be doing whatever I could to ensure we got more than 22,000 on for the game.

It is sad that this would be a good effort in this Waggott / Sky TV era but at the very least it would eclipse what they had on at the Turf for the reverse fixture.

That would essentially require a completely full JW, BBE Lower and Riverside. Unlikely, especially when we can't even be arsed to get tickets on sale.

1 hour ago, Groundhog said:

I've read some rumours that JDT and the footballing side requested the smaller allocation? Is there any truth in this? If so, good on him. If it backfires and we lose we look stupid, but better that than a repeat of City in 2000.

That was a really horrible day

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

With only 2k away fans and 9k ST holders, it’s going to be a bloody big job to even get close to c18k if they set it at Cat A (£30-£35 )for a midweek Sky game.

Folk will be tuning in going ‘eh? Thought this was a big Derby? And they are both flying’.

Of course what they should do is set ‘members pricing’, ‘join 1875 and get your ticket for £20’ etc… alas they won’t.

I'm thinking along your lines ...

Perhaps rather than looking to minimise away support, they should be looking to maximise the home support. Much better to have 22-25,000 and the ground rocking, than a half full Ewood, acres of empty seats and neutrals wondering what all the fuss is about.

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Whilst we're all looking at allocations, Blackpool's allocation is just 2200 at Preston next weekend.

What will the reaction on here be if we only get a similar allocation at Deepdale?

I'd read that the low allocation was in retaliation to Blackpool giving them a similar amount earlier this season when only a few weeks before we were given around three thousand. We gave Nobbers the full DE allocation.

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I'd read that the low allocation was in retaliation to Blackpool giving them a similar amount earlier this season when only a few weeks before we were given around three thousand. We gave Nobbers the full DE allocation.

That's correct arbitro.

I'll tell you one thing from reading that Burnley site. They are all absolutely 100% convinced they'll come to Ewood and stroll it like they did on their patch. Yet they've failed to win 8 of their 18 games this season and failed to win at Blackpool last time out away.

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

That was a really horrible day

It was only at the final whistle I realised I was sat with so many City fans.

Great the year after at Nob End though! Probably the moment that Preston fans decided that we were their most hated club, even though we showed a lot more class than the City fans did. It was only last week that a bunch of them were saying how we did nothing after Jack Walker died 🙂 they seem to have forgotten this one, and the league cup win a year later.

29 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I'll tell you one thing from reading that Burnley site. They are all absolutely 100% convinced they'll come to Ewood and stroll it like they did on their patch. Yet they've failed to win 8 of their 18 games this season and failed to win at Blackpool last time out away.

I'm certainly not taking anything for granted ... firstly, two of our goals came from Rovers being caught playing out from the back which probably won't happen again, and secondly their professional pride will ensure a much improved performance ..

That said, a record of W10, D6, L2 away from home is not to be sniffed at, and just a slight correction, our last away outing was a 1-3 win at Hull City ... 😉

8 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I'm certainly not taking anything for granted ... firstly, two of our goals came from Rovers being caught playing out from the back which probably won't happen again, and secondly their professional pride will ensure a much improved performance ..

That said, a record of W10, D6, L2 away from home is not to be sniffed at, and just a slight correction, our last away outing was a 1-3 win at Hull City ... 😉

It wasn't just you who caught us in possession at the back. It was common practice early season. I think somewhere since the new year the players have been given permission to 'just hoof it' if they are in danger of losing it in bad positions at the back, so we're not as bad now.

Plus, Preston aside, we've always been far more competitive at home. You dominated the game in November but we've put in similar abject performances at Sheff United, Coventry, Rotherham, Luton and Stoke this season. Whilst you played well, you're not the only team to absolutely smash us on their ground. Therefore I do think the game at Ewood will be a far more competitive affair.

And yes, you're away record is very good. The point was just that like most sides statistically you just don't win as many away from home. I wouldn't say I strongly fancy us in the game, but I'd more confident of not losing against you at Ewood than I was not losing on Sunday at Brammall Lane.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sympatheticclaret said:

I'm thinking along your lines ...

Perhaps rather than looking to minimise away support, they should be looking to maximise the home support. Much better to have 22-25,000 and the ground rocking, than a half full Ewood, acres of empty seats and neutrals wondering what all the fuss is about.

In Waggots era it has been a case of maximise the away support and fleece whatever home fans can be bothered.  Hence the early season angst about the red carpet treatment in this particular fixture.

Something in recent months seems to have changed.

Be nice if they did a 2 for 1 in the home sections for anyone on the database ....  🙂

1 hour ago, booth said:

It was only at the final whistle I realised I was sat with so many City fans.

Great the year after at Nob End though! Probably the moment that Preston fans decided that we were their most hated club, even though we showed a lot more class than the City fans did. It was only last week that a bunch of them were saying how we did nothing after Jack Walker died 🙂 they seem to have forgotten this one, and the league cup win a year later.

Fuck me I loved that team and that kit

A real mixture of flair and grit

We started that game with Berg, Curtis, Short, Hughes and Flitcroft. Unbelievable levels of experience. But throw in Gillespie, Duff and Jansen on top of that grit and its the perfect combo

What we have now doesn't compare

And how much better I would feel going into this season with those 5 in our team...with a Brad Friedel between the sticks of course

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Whilst we're all looking at allocations, Blackpool's allocation is just 2200 at Preston next weekend.

What will the reaction on here be if we only get a similar allocation at Deepdale?

Well at least we'll sell it out.

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just been on their site for 20 minutes. It’s cheered me up no end. It’s comedy gold !

I had a look on there yesterday. Two of the first posts I saw suggested putting 'a screen up in Preston' and taking 7k there to watch the game instead (I've no idea either....) and the other mentioned putting a big screen up in a car park somewhere.

Strange bunch to say the least.

3 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Back in the day, on a Summer's evening, we'd occasionally start at the " Alex " on Dukes Brow, and then make our way to the " Clog and Billycock " and have a stop in the " Quarrymans " further up Dukes Brow, then the " Dog Inn " on Revidge Road and then the " West View " further down Revidge  ... all 3 of those pit-stops are now closed !! 🙄

My family live near the Alex - not sure if you meant the latter pubs, but that one's still open. Generally very quiet, mind. I'm generally at a loss as to where to go for pints pre-match now, only a few options sadly. 

I'd have given them 3,100 - prevents looking petty as it's the exact same proportion of the ground. Not upset they've got less mind, but them expecting 7,000 was fanciful at best. Not sure how many we'll get in the home end, hopefully a decent turnout if results don't fall off a cliff between now and then. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Let’s be real about it folks it’s the most sensible of decisions to allow only 2k into the ground and it damn well serves Burnley fC right for not giving us a better away allocation in the shithole of a stand when it would have made policing the game much more simpler ! If 20000 want to travel to Ewood good for them same for those who think they can drink all day and then cause trouble 😅 I have no sympathy other than for the loyal supporters who now have to go to a ballot for a chance of a ticket 

It isn't comparable to us giving 2k out of 8k because they have season ticket holders I think in the same stand as the away fans.

46 minutes ago, frosty said:

I had a look on there yesterday. Two of the first posts I saw suggested putting 'a screen up in Preston' and taking 7k there to watch the game instead (I've no idea either....) and the other mentioned putting a big screen up in a car park somewhere.

Strange bunch to say the least.

Puddled.

• Like 2

It’s your ground so your call. You can offer as many or few as you chose within the rules (2000 min I think up to whatever capacity you can offer). Doesn’t matter why you make the decisions you do - and people will no doubt have their own thoughts on the ‘why’s’ - everyone has to get on with it.

For me, I can’t imagine it will have a significant impact on the result, the better team on the day will win - or the luckiest. I also don’t see it making much difference to our season either way. I’m sure some our our fans are disappointed but this sort of allocation has been rumoured for a couple of months now. I always planned to watch it on the TV anyway.

• Like 1