BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Poor old Burnley, couldn't happen to a nicer mob. Sticking my neck out here and it's based on a hunch more than anything else but I expect Kompany to turn their fortunes around and I don't think they'll go down. There's some poor sides at the bottom of the Prem and there's always 1 or 2 teams that fall away from mid-table in the latter half of the season. Tin hat is on.....

Not a chance if he keeps trying to play in his arrogant, Pep inspired away. Easy to do when you've spent 20 times what most other teams in the Championship have, not so easy in the Premier League.

Best chance of staying up is potting him and bringing someone in who wants to grind it out, no chance old Vincent changes the style, far too big an ego

Edited by Displaced Rover
  • Like 1

kompany has stiffed the dingles bad style,he can`t change the way they play because he`s brought in a lot smaller players who are all the same,he can`t rely on a wood,barnes,tarkowski to score off a set piece,just as he has`nt got the personel to grind out a horrible 1-0 win,i think they will go down,especially as luton look to be adapting and as much as i want to see it,everton will probably pull away from the bottom

• Like 1

17 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

kompany has stiffed the dingles bad style,he can`t change the way they play because he`s brought in a lot smaller players who are all the same,he can`t rely on a wood,barnes,tarkowski to score off a set piece,just as he has`nt got the personel to grind out a horrible 1-0 win,i think they will go down,especially as luton look to be adapting and as much as i want to see it,everton will probably pull away from the bottom

They’ll be doing alright financially though, think of all the money they’ve saved in winning bonuses !

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I wonder whether this result will reignite Sympathetic Claret and Longsider’s interest in BRFCS 🙈

I doubt it.... Dingles will be brought back down to earth in the coming weeks. Beating a 10 man Sheffield United team is nowt to bleat about so the silence is likely to continue. 

In peace as ever, lovely to know that " Longsiders " and I have been missed !!  It's been an eventful couple of months personally, a family bereavement of my spinster Aunt and sorting out her estate, probate etc, a return to a " proper " job, and the arrival of a 2nd Grand-daughter have kept me busy ... 

That said, those of an uncharitable mind will suspect that my lack of posts are directly related to Burnley's League form, and you may have a point. I thought we'd start better, to be honest and I'm not sure VK knows what his best XI is, to be fair. £15m on James Trafford, who may yet come good, looks questionable, especially with Muric in situ. The loss of Benson through injury and Lyle Foster suffering with " mental health " issues hasn't helped either. Today's win was welcome, but I'm not here purely because of that. Derby actually hold record for the least number of EPL points in a season with 11, in 2007-08 ....

T'Rovers are looking much improved this season, although strangely, 5 points worse off after 19 games than last year. I'd give you a decent chance of the play-offs, unless you suffer many more injuries which will disadvantage you compared to others with bigger squads / budgets. 

A last thought, I turn 60 tomorrow which has made me rather reflective about the really important things in life. Health, family and friendships outrank everything. As Billy Connolly said " Football Supporting is a disease, some of us just suffer from a different strain of it, that's all " !! Best wishes to you all ..... 😉 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

In peace as ever, lovely to know that " Longsiders " and I have been missed !!  It's been an eventful couple of months personally, a family bereavement of my spinster Aunt and sorting out her estate, probate etc, a return to a " proper " job, and the arrival of a 2nd Grand-daughter have kept me busy ... 

That said, those of an uncharitable mind will suspect that my lack of posts are directly related to Burnley's League form, and you may have a point. I thought we'd start better, to be honest and I'm not sure VK knows what his best XI is, to be fair. £15m on James Trafford, who may yet come good, looks questionable, especially with Muric in situ. The loss of Benson through injury and Lyle Foster suffering with " mental health " issues hasn't helped either. Today's win was welcome, but I'm not here purely because of that. Derby actually hold record for the least number of EPL points in a season with 11, in 2007-08 ....

T'Rovers are looking much improved this season, although strangely, 5 points worse off after 19 games than last year. I'd give you a decent chance of the play-offs, unless you suffer many more injuries which will disadvantage you compared to others with bigger squads / budgets. 

A last thought, I turn 60 tomorrow which has made me rather reflective about the really important things in life. Health, family and friendships outrank everything. As Billy Connolly said " Football Supporting is a disease, some of us just suffer from a different strain of it, that's all " !! Best wishes to you all ..... 😉 

I always welcomed you guys on here, and elsewhere, but you can feck off.

20 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Glad you’re back but the cynic in me says that you’ve been too busy to post until a few hours after your first decent win. Come on lad.  Anyway hope everything is ok. 

• Like 3

On 02/12/2023 at 19:21, sympatheticclaret said:

Happy belated 60th SC. As you enter your seventh decade you'll need to start using your other hand to count them on now, presumably 🙂

• Like 7

Luton are holding there own against arsenal aswell 2-2. 

I haven’t watched the dingles this year but that lad who went off injured looks a player . Anyway nice to see normality resumed after there freak result Saturday 

3-3 now

Edited by Oldgregg86

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

Tactical masterclass from Kompany tonight, 1-0 down in 3 minutes of injury time and makes 2 slow subs to waste more time 

The "expert pundits" never ever seemed to workout he literally had Burnley working on a similar financial disparity as Wrexham were last season. No tactical answers whatsoever this season.

• Like 1