BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 24/1/22

This talk about playing the EFL "at their own game" seems misguided.

There are now specific rules in place, perhaps people can take issue with those rules, 14 available including 1 keeper. We presumably have more than that so we can't do anything, end of.

The EFL isn't against Rovers either, you can question its competence and whether its rules etc are fit for purpose but they aren't against us.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

This talk about playing the EFL "at their own game" seems misguided.

There are now specific rules in place, perhaps people can take issue with those rules, 14 available including 1 keeper. We presumably have more than that so we can't do anything, end of.

The EFL isn't against Rovers either, you can question its competence and whether its rules etc are fit for purpose but they aren't against us.

Play the match, win, move on.

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Who have won one more game than us in those 6.

If it was Huddersfield we were playing would you be writing us off aswell as their record in the last 6 is similar?

Boro last 2 league matches they needed 90+minute winner.Turning it around at home to Reading with goals at 84 and 90+.Blackpool 94th minute.

Yesterday you compared their run to ours which I disagree with.They been conceding and leaving it late plus easier games in their run than we had.

And if you are so keen on the in form card.We have the 2nd best home record in the division, Boros away form is average at best.

We're underpowered at the moment and playing against the team that's the top of the form table. Is that a fact?

I didn't "compare their run to ours", or "write us off", so now you're just being silly to win some bizarre argument that Rovers can win this match, which was never disputed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Can’t do worse than sticking Ayala up front and pinging the crosses in to him. OK that’s a silly thought! 

After watching some of the warm up shooting drills pre match since Ayala has been on the bench i'd happily bet my last dime on him scoring more than Gallagher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booth said:

We're underpowered at the moment and playing against the team that's the top of the form table. Is that a fact?

I didn't "compare their run to ours", or "write us off", so now you're just being silly to win some bizarre argument that Rovers can win this match, which was never disputed.

Never disputed?My initial comment on this was a reply to your post where you said that we don't have a chance.

Just now, islander200 said:

Never disputed?My initial comment on this was a reply to your post where you said that we don't have a chance.

A keyword in that sentence was "think". I don't think we have a snowball's chance in hell. It's called an opinion, a thought, a guess. At no point have I disputed that we did have a chance. It's football, anything can happen.

Unlike you I'm not trying to be the thought police, if anyone thinks we're going to get 3 points tomorrow I'm all for it. I hope we do.

2 minutes ago, booth said:

A keyword in that sentence was "think". I don't think we have a snowball's chance in hell. It's called an opinion, a thought, a guess. At no point have I disputed that we did have a chance. It's football, anything can happen.

Unlike you I'm not trying to be the thought police, if anyone thinks we're going to get 3 points tomorrow I'm all for it. I hope we do.

The thought police because I disagree with the way people are making out Boro are a brilliant side?

Agree to disagree.Bookies have us as favourites tomorrow night

The thought police because I disagree with the way people are making out Boro are a brilliant side?

Agree to disagree.Bookies have us as favourites tomorrow night

Not sure if you mean me there but I didn't say Boro were a briliant side. They played well the other day and we didn't. Mowbray was back to his old tricks of square pegs in round holes. They've won the last 5 games. We've been tired and lacking inspiration since New Year. We are without the second top goalscorer, a couple of other key players and our new signing. Facts.

Your optimism is admirable but why you won't acknowledge we're forced to field a weakened team in a tough match is a touch pedantic. And why you're so bothered that anyone might think we may struggle to get anything out of this one is a bit weird. It was never a jab at the club, just objective thoughts based on facts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, booth said:

Not sure if you mean me there but I didn't say Boro were a briliant side. They played well the other day and we didn't. Mowbray was back to his old tricks of square pegs in round holes. They've won the last 5 games. We've been tired and lacking inspiration since New Year. We are without the second top goalscorer, a couple of other key players and our new signing. Facts.

Your optimism is admirable but why you won't acknowledge we're forced to field a weakened team in a tough match is a touch pedantic. And why you're so bothered that anyone might think we may struggle to get anything out of this one is a bit weird. It was never a jab at the club, just objective thoughts based on facts.

Mowbray was back to his old tricks but Nyambe and Travis are back for Monday.They will be back in the side.

Brererto missing is a blow.But when he was scoring earlier in the season we were outside the playoffs.The change in defence has us where we are now.

My point is...Boro are not a freescoring side...31 goals this season with a top scorer with 6 goals is testament to that.It will be a close game but imo they don't have the quality in attack that our defence should be scared of.I do not think we will lose tomorrow night.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

How many of Boros last 5 matches have you seen out of interest?

We have the second best record at home in the league.

All that counts for nothing at 7-45 pm tomorrow night. It’s 11 versus 11 then. I wish I could paint you a picture were we win, but I can’t. With our best squad out I’d fancy our chances but given we won’t be at full strength I don’t see us winning. Sorry if that offends you.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

All that counts for nothing at 7-45 pm tomorrow night. It’s 11 versus 11 then. I wish I could paint you a picture were we win, but I can’t. With our best squad out I’d fancy our chances but given we won’t be at full strength I don’t see us winning. Sorry if that offends you.

Licence to print money is a clueless remark 

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Let’s leave this whilst tomorrow at 10-00pm shall we ? You seem to have a problem accepting that some people may have a different opinion to yours. The facts will speak for themselves tomorrow.

Ok yeah fingers crossed you will be as wrong as you were prior to the season starting when you could see relegation

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Ok yeah fingers crossed you will be as wrong as you were prior to the season starting when you could see relegation

Listen , I’ll be thrilled tomorrow if we win. I’ll be on cloud nine. It’ll be a massive 3 points and hopefully the show will be back on the road and the cat won’t get kicked.

• Like 2

Our unbeaten run wasn't solely down to our defensive record either, as much as that was obviously critical.

Brereton scored the goal to put us in front v Sheff Utd, he got us an equaliser at Bristol City, the only goal in an otherwise drab game v Preston to win that and the winner v Barnsley too. He also got 2 in both of the thrashings during that run and forced the opener away at Bournemouth. Our attack is massively depleted without him and merely having a solid defence isn't enough to win games.

A solid defence is key to any successful team but there will also be games in which you are struggling to break down an opponent, and a clean sheet is impossible every single time. Without Brereton, it is hard to see many goals in our main 11, and then if we need an impact from the bench, there won't be much to go off. 

I don't think you have to watch Boro every time they play to appreciate the objective fact that they are in the best form in the whole league over the last 6 games, including 4 wins on the bounce. We know that our form has shown symptoms of slowing in the last 3 games, we have looked toothless aside from a moment of magic from Rothwell at Cardiff.

• Like 2

How the f..k am I trolling you?Because I think it is stupid to have it down as a Boro win because they have happened to win 5 of their last 6 and us only 4?

I'm disagreeing with you.I thought the initial post I responded too from you was nonsense and I was debating it, thet us not trolling

I said I didn't fancy Rovers in this game, listed my reasons and it was like I'd called your Mam a bastard.

Again, you're using bullshit in your "debate". I listed the reasons I think we'll struggle but if the above is all you took from it then you're incapable of reading and digesting any reasoned responses to you. It was never rocket science.

I wasn't "doing Rovers down" and there was nothing actually debate-worthy about it. I don't think we'll win this one and you do. Who cares if anyone thinks we may not win this one? It's a tough game at a tough time, that's all.

If we get 3 points tomorrow that will be lovely, but if we don't only one of us is going to be unprepared for it.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Our unbeaten run wasn't solely down to our defensive record either, as much as that was obviously critical.

Brereton scored the goal to put us in front v Sheff Utd, he got us an equaliser at Bristol City, the only goal in an otherwise drab game v Preston to win that and the winner v Barnsley too. He also got 2 in both of the thrashings during that run and forced the opener away at Bournemouth. Our attack is massively depleted without him and merely having a solid defence isn't enough to win games.

A solid defence is key to any successful team but there will also be games in which you are struggling to break down an opponent, and a clean sheet is impossible every single time. Without Brereton, it is hard to see many goals in our main 11, and then if we need an impact from the bench, there won't be much to go off. 

I don't think you have to watch Boro every time they play to appreciate the objective fact that they are in the best form in the whole league over the last 6 games, including 4 wins on the bounce. We know that our form has shown symptoms of slowing in the last 3 games, we have looked toothless aside from a moment of magic from Rothwell at Cardiff.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So you agree  a Boro win is a licence to print money?Boro are overwhelming favourites for the win tomorrow night?