BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 24/1/22

They’ve obviously improved under Wilder. I’d expect them to be quite direct, our back three will have to be on their toes. Hopefully, they don’t have a massive lad up top like Hull did. He caused us loads of problems.

Good news that Travis and Nyambe are back. It’ll be a close game this I reckon, let’s hope we can sneak a win.

• Like 1

Gallagher needs to start up front middle. Ayala hasn't got the stamina to run around like Gally.

I'm worried about left wing back. Edun struggles in that position. He is a midfielder. Can JRC play that role (as a sub later on obviously)?

Kaminski; Lenihan, Van Hecke, Wharton; Nyambe, Travis, Rothwell, Edun; Buckley; Gallagher, Khadra.

Subs; Davenport, Zeefuik, Ayala, Butterworth, JRC, Chapman and a keeper.

28 minutes ago, bazza said:

Gallagher needs to start up front middle. Ayala hasn't got the stamina to run around like Gally.

I'm worried about left wing back. Edun struggles in that position. He is a midfielder. Can JRC play that role (as a sub later on obviously)?

Kaminski; Lenihan, Van Hecke, Wharton; Nyambe, Travis, Rothwell, Edun; Buckley; Gallagher, Khadra.

Subs; Davenport, Zeefuik, Ayala, Butterworth, JRC, Chapman and a keeper.

I saw someone say on FB that Nyambe could play at left wing back, Zeefuick on right?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, booth said:

I saw someone say on FB that Nyambe could play at left wing back, Zeefuick on right?

I can’t recall Nyambe ever playing left back. Having said that I’d expect a professional full back to be able to play on the other flank but it just doesn’t happen these days.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can’t recall Nyambe ever playing left back. Having said that I’d expect a professional full back to be able to play on the other flank but it just doesn’t happen these days.

Playing on the opposite side may cut down a players final ball or range of passes. That should not effect Nyambe

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Playing on the opposite side may cut down a players final ball or range of passes. That should not effect Nyambe

As a full back it’s as much about jockeying, blocking, tackling etc on your “ wrong “ side that it is passing. You’ve got to have plenty of game time there before things like timing a sliding tackle “ the other way around “ become second nature.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

As a full back it’s as much about jockeying, blocking, tackling etc on your “ wrong “ side that it is passing. You’ve got to have plenty of game time there before things like timing a sliding tackle “ the other way around “ become second nature.

Nyambe does not slide tackle very often, his athleticism means he does not have to. As an attacker, I would prefer to face Edun in the left back position, than Nyambe  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

At this stage you just seem to be picking a fight.

I am picking no fights.Look it does piss me off a little that the side seem to be being shown little respect by some despite being where we are in the league.

Like a comment describing betting on a Boro win as easy money is just nonsense in my view, judging this young team the same as the teams of old just doesn't agree with me.That doesn't mean that I disagree with every view or post the member in question  has.If the way I am arguing my viewpoint is causing offence then I apologise

I take on board the comments about the managers tinkering but with Travis and Nyambe available he will have no excuse to hide behind by changing the tactics that have served us so well these past couple of months.

If I was having this debate/conversation in person I wouldn't appear as confrontational but unfortunately when posting on here 80% of the time I am multi tasking and doing something else so my posts are often written in haste.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 5

Maybe I’m being pessimistic but I’m seriously surprised to see us as favourites with the bookies. We’re missing our main source of goals in Diaz and we’re coming up against a Boro side in great form who will be right up for it with a decent away following.

Travis looks like he’ll play but will he be at 100%? Gally and Khadra will lead the line and Gally is going to have to massively up his game for us to have a chance of winning this one for me, we’ve also got literally nothing to bring off the bench to change the game. We’ve pulled off some great results this season but if we can win tomorrow it would be our best yet. Sticking 50 quid on Boro because I think they’ll do us if I’m honest and I think they’re a great price. If Rovers win I’ll be delighted to lose. Nailed on to be a draw now 😂 COYB 

The team should profit from Nyambe & Travis’ return. I still really like Rovers chances to make a strong promotion push the rest of the season.

On the other side I see a decent opponent, with a strong manager, but one we should be able to play against. No death spiral talk from this Rovers fan!

COYB!!!!

• Like 1

Time for Butterworth to have an impact hopefully and really this is Gallys big chance.

Khadra, Gallagher

Buckley

Edun, Travis, Rothwell, Nyambe

Wharton, Van Hecke, Lenihan

Kaminski

would be the frontline with Butterworth ready if it doesnt work with Gally.

6 hours ago, Butty said:

Maybe I’m being pessimistic but I’m seriously surprised to see us as favourites with the bookies. We’re missing our main source of goals in Diaz and we’re coming up against a Boro side in great form who will be right up for it with a decent away following.

Travis looks like he’ll play but will he be at 100%? Gally and Khadra will lead the line and Gally is going to have to massively up his game for us to have a chance of winning this one for me, we’ve also got literally nothing to bring off the bench to change the game. We’ve pulled off some great results this season but if we can win tomorrow it would be our best yet. Sticking 50 quid on Boro because I think they’ll do us if I’m honest and I think they’re a great price. If Rovers win I’ll be delighted to lose. Nailed on to be a draw now 😂 COYB 

Thinks Butterworth and Davenport will be fire up for this. A place for the bench for Luke Brennan with Dolan and Markandy out.

40 minutes ago, neophox said:

Time for Butterworth to have an impact hopefully and really this is Gallys big chance.

Khadra, Gallagher

Buckley

Edun, Travis, Rothwell, Nyambe

Wharton, Van Hecke, Lenihan

Kaminski

would be the frontline with Butterworth ready if it doesnt work with Gally.

Can't see the team being anything other than this unless there's a covid issue lurking and the worrying part is that I feel like TM has hinted about exactly that. As we saw with Trav, there's a couple of positions that we just can't cover.

Still, I'm looking forward to this one which no doubt means we'll be awful! I've been a rivers fan long enough to know not to rely on any result, I just want to feel like we're having a go and that there is a clear gameplay.