BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 24/1/22

13 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

That lineup is a nightmare.

7 defensive outfield players and gally upfront.

Johnson who turns like a tank and Travis who won’t be match fit.

Do well to get a point here.

Just shows how awful our squad depth is.

To be fair, our best results have come from having 7 defensive players.

Having said that, we’re getting beaten tonight. I’m making my peace with it now. A point will be a bonus. I hate this sport.

Be an unbelievable result if we win tonight because Jesus that lineup is poor. 50 quid on Boro at 7/4 I did yesterday is sounding even better now. Would love nothing more than my bet to lose though! Be one of the biggest results we’ve had in years if that lineup can pull off a win tonight. 

Bradley Johnson could do a job in a defensive role tonight, just about, I think, but an issue I've noticed with him (and the management) is that he gallops forward to support attacks. I would hope that he stays put and shields, rather than get caught out upfield. Edun is going to need the support, I feel.

Edited by riverholmes

Just now, riverholmes said:

Bradley Johnson could do a job in a defensive role tonight, I think, but an issue I've noticed with him (and the management) is that he gallops forward to support attacks. I would hope that he stays put and shields, rather than get caught out upfield. Edun is going to need the support, I feel.

He’s stuck in the mud, he moves so slow I don’t think he can physically gallop mate 😂

Dreadfully negative line up. Playing for a point. If he was going like that, I'd have gone Davenport alongside Travis and Butterworth behind Khedra.

Edit: Chapman should also be in the squad. Mowbray cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

21 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Shocked chapman isn’t on the bench. Khadra hobbles off after half an hour . What do we have ? Should of been on the bench tonight . It’s a poor do he’s down at leyland

I'm shocked Davenport isn't playing ahead of Johnson.

14 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Rothwell for me is the most important player in our team. Makes it all happen. Sick that he isn't involved.

Injured?

Without him I've downgraded us from a 1-1 draw to a 1-0 defeat

On current form and with a weakened team I'd be amazed if we won this

For all the Buckley fans, I have been in a few debates about him on here this season but I will say he has improved in my eyes so I'm not setting him up for a big fail here but some have him up there with Rothwell and BBD. Tonight is your night son, if there was ever a time to perform its tonight because someone needs to step up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Dreadfully negative line up. Playing for a point. If he was going like that, I'd have gone Davenport alongside Travis and Butterworth behind Khedra.

Edit: Chapman should also be in the squad. Mowbray cutting off his nose to spite his face.

I’m no Mowbray defender but realistically he wasn’t going to do either was he? And Chapman wouldn’t have done zilch. Simply too many injuries.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!