BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 24/1/22

How would people set up their team for this game? Boro play 3-5-2 formation under Wilder. 

I would chose this team and formation

Kaminski

Lenihan  Van Hecke  Wharton

ZeeFuik    Travis     Rothwell    Edun

Buckley

Markanday  Khadra 

Subs:- Pears Ayala Nyambe Davenport Johnson Gallagher Dolan or Butterworth

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How would people set up their team for this game? Boro play 3-5-2 formation under Wilder. 

I would chose this team and formation

Kaminski

Lenihan  Van Hecke  Wharton

ZeeFuik    Travis     Rothwell    Edun

Buckley

Markanday  Khadra 

Subs:- Pears Ayala Nyambe Davenport Johnson Gallagher Dolan or Butterworth

I’d have Nyambe back in at right back and unfortunately Gallagher up the front on the understanding that he gets his fortune told before the game and he has to pull his finger out. If he can’t wring the sweat out of his shirt when he comes off he’s done. The two lads you’ve got up front look to be clones of each other as far as playing style goes. Both tricky and left footed but a bit lightweight. I don’t think we can play them both together.

I can’t paint you a picture were we get anything out of this game unfortunately. I just hope I’m wrong.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d have Nyambe back in at right back and unfortunately Gallagher up the front on the understanding that he gets his fortune told before the game and he has to pull his finger out. The two lads you’ve got up front look to be clones of each other as far as playing style goes. Both tricky and left footed but a bit lightweight. I don’t think we can play them both together.

I can’t paint you a picture we’re we get anything out of this game unfortunately. I just hope I’m wrong.

I agree, I wouldn't have Johnson on the bench either.

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

If he's fit Ayala has to play in every Rovers starting line-up ........ his form has been one of the main reasons we've surprised ourselves by being so high in the league

I wouldn't play start either of the new lads yet.

Do you think either one of Lenihan or the Flying Dutchman could play in that defensive midfield role ? We could bring Ayala in to replace them. What do we do in training ? These things should be tried out on the training pitch. If Mowbray had been managing Rovers in the 1960’s Fred Pickering would still be playing left back in the Central League and Andy McEvoy would still be Ronnie Clayton’s understudy..

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d have Nyambe back in at right back and unfortunately Gallagher up the front on the understanding that he gets his fortune told before the game and he has to pull his finger out. If he can’t wring the sweat out of his shirt when he comes off he’s done. The two lads you’ve got up front look to be clones of each other as far as playing style goes. Both tricky and left footed but a bit lightweight. I don’t think we can play them both together.

I can’t paint you a picture were we get anything out of this game unfortunately. I just hope I’m wrong.

Khadra is right foot Tyrone. 

I would drop Gallagher and I wouldn't play Nyambe. I would give Zeefuik the chance to impress

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Do you think either one of Lenihan or the Flying Dutchman could play in that defensive midfield role ? We could bring Ayala in to replace them. What do we do in training ? These things should be tried out on the training pitch. If Mowbray had been managing Rovers in the 1960’s Fred Pickering would still be playing left back in the Central League and Andy McEvoy would still be Ronnie Clayton’s understudy..

Lenihan possibly, he started out as a midfield player. He's limited technically but reads the game well. The Dutch lad is too reckless and wouldn't last 5 minutes before getting a booking so I wouldn't play him in midfield. Jack Marshall would love managing this Rovers team

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Khadra is right foot Tyrone. 

I would drop Gallagher and I wouldn't play Nyambe. I would give Zeefuik the chance to impress

My mistake. I was thinking he was left footed with him playing out on the left hand side.

I can understand anyone giving Gallagher the shepherds crook after last nights no show. He was truly awful. I’d make it clear to him he’s drinking in the last chance saloon. How anybody thought he was worth another contract is a mystery to me. He should be putting himself about like their centre forward did last night. You don’t even have to be much of a footballer to do that.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

My mistake. I was thinking he was left footed with him playing out on the left hand side.

I can understand anyone giving Gallagher the shepherds crook after last nights no show. He was truly awful. I’d make it clear to him he’s drinking in the last chance saloon. How anybody thought he was worth another contract is a mystery to me. He should be putting himself about like their centre forward did last night. You don’t even have to be much of a footballer to do that.

I don't know why he was so poor last night but someone has suggest why he was so poor yesterday

45 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

If he's fit Ayala has to play in every Rovers starting line-up ........ his form has been one of the main reasons we've surprised ourselves by being so high in the league

I rate Ayala but he wasn't playing in our recent run of good form so not sure how you can say his form is one of the main reasons we find ourselves so high up in the league?

Apart from Wigan in the cup he hasnt started a game in ages .

• Like 2

Nyambe straight back in, 100% with Zeefuik on the bench. Travis also has to start, if he isn't well enough then Davenport should start. I would like to see Markanday start, but I fear for our attacking threat and who will score goals. Khadra is better than Gallagher but Khadra and Markanday would not convince me in terms of their styles.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Only if you don’t count the three we threw in at Wigan.

That's was a Cup game not a league game. 

13 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yep, but I was talking about Boro?

I comment on Boro being solid and good defensive but not us who have been in great form, keeping clean sheets and playing well

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Not really. Ayala hasn’t started a league game since the defeat to QPR mid-October.  The defensive form during our superb run has been all down to the introduction of Van Hecke and Wharton.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Not really. Ayala hasn’t started a league game since the defeat to QPR mid-October.  The defensive form during our superb run has been all down to the introduction of Van Hecke and Wharton.

Yep, I just remember him playing very well earlier in the season even though results weren't good. Still think he's our best centre back and ought to be first pick

This is a tough one and i think due to some forced changes we are about to revert to the inevitable tinkerman era. Add in the traditional rough midwinter patch and it's a worrying mix.

Hopefully a decent crowd turn up and get behind the lads ffs, they are going to need it not the nervous Ewood sat waiting for something to cheer.

Rovers   1    Boro  1

• Like 1

you can`t be having jrc play,especially the wing back role,there is more mobility in weldbank cemetary,play either brown or zefuick (mowbray did`nt hesitate to play can hecke when he was`nt match fit)gally needs to play centre forward,it`s to much for me seeing him bumbling about the wing,he`s a centre forward who needs service,that way we might get him back to his original loan spell form

• Like 3