BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

we need a striker who can head a football,preferably some big,ugly **** who takes no prisoners,we are weak physically up front,it`ll give us another option  as well

Paterson has scored 8 so far for Swansea. Only thing is he's 30 and as we know Venkys don't like spending on older players.

In isolation, the signings of Markanday, Giles, Zeefuik and Hedges and not losing anyone would be good business. Still feel we’re a CM short though, and with Markanday’s injury possibly a striker short. 

11 minutes ago, pomster said:

So the owners aren’t happy with Mowbray and co? Interesting 😄

No! (as in an incorrect statement)......we're second in the League, why would anyone wish to derail that?!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Maybe the Brereton to Barcelona thing isn’t as far fetched as it seems?

Mega clubs signing players for their image rights happens. They'd certainly be able to exploit his popularity in Chile, unlike us.

For £5million? Shut up man 🤣

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He should have stuck with the injury line.He didn't have to attempt to force the owners hand to sell him by going public.

Mowbray has been in the game long enough to know how sections of the support would react to this news.

Utter nonsense. As I said, people havent read exactly what he has said clearly. He showed empathy, understanding, asked fans specifically not to get on his back and said that the decision for Rothwell not to travel was NOT made by the manager. He has no blame in a minority of tosspots sending messages.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

In isolation, the signings of Markanday, Giles, Zeefuik and Hedges and not losing anyone would be good business. Still feel we’re a CM short though, and with Markanday’s injury possibly a striker short. 

We are. And a reliable goalkeeper short, and a CB short.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Utter nonsense. As I said, people havent read exactly what he has said clearly. He showed empathy, understanding, asked fans specifically not to get on his back and said that the decision for Rothwell not to travel was NOT made by the manager. He has no blame in a minority of tosspots sending messages.

It isn't nonsense.He had already been told that they were not going to sanction his sale.

Again if your boss gives you an instruction and you disagree with it do you call a staff meeting to tell them what you would do.

Mowbray should have kept his mouth shut.

Unless a deal was agreed or was likely to happen then he should have kept to the injury line.

Where has going public got us?Fracturing relations between the fan base and Rothwell.

Edited by islander200
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

No!

Well let’s hope they get over it quickly and leave Mowbray to get on with the job he is doing.

Their famous pride has cost them a quarter of a billion quid and all of us a decade of misery and embarrassment. They can swallow it for once.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

Apparently there was some issues within the messageboard once the interest was made known and he wanted to speak to the other board. It forced the mods to call the owners ask for technical support...some Indian lad answered to assist.

Can only assume chaddy is currently sat in a Co-op car park in Didcot waiting for the transfer to go through. 

Update from Rich Sharpe:

"Chaddys transfer to Roverschat has fallen through at the last minute, BRFCS rejected the £86 offer. Chaddy will now make the 3hr journey back but his BRFCS teammates are said to be furious that he's missed Transfer deadline day on the boards.

He's bringing back packs of Jammy Dodgers and party rings by way of an apology.

He'll be all smiles at training tomorrow but his Mrs had already signed up for Zumba at the local Didcot community hall, which leaves Chaddy in the doghouse on all fronts."

• Like 9

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

We are. And a reliable goalkeeper short, and a CB short.

Can't believe they aren't addressing the keeper situation as the way Kaminsky puts himself about is prone to knocks. As well as the ones he's already carrying.

I'm certain if Pears had come on in a game like Saturdays we'd have lost, being loyal to a mates lad is a very risky strategy.

• Like 1

Very happy with Giles. Have to be honest and maybe an unpopular decision but I'm not as pleased with Pickering as most appear to be. Loan or not good to have competion and Pickering had his work cut add now and might bring out more from him.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Do you agree with Mowbray that we should have allowed Rothwell join Bournemouth?

They made the decision that they didn't want a key player being sold to a promotion rival and I agree with it .

They could easily have instructed the people at Ewood to get what they could for Nyambe , Lenihen and Rothwell but they didn't.And will receive nothing for them now

No, I don't agree. 

Every time we've had a chance of top 6, I've wanted us to go for it, and the decision to keep together a tight, winning squad is getting close to 'going for it'.

On a less positive front, we haven't played well since the Barnsley game, and we will only stay where we are if we start to dominate teams (in terms of chances, not posession) and BBD starts to look like scoring again. 

It's genuinely intruiging, and the final piece in the jigsaw is 15,000 supportive, positive, joyous home fans, as soon as the Sky season thankfully ends. That's the real challenge, but we're getting there....

19 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Absolute scenes when Blackburn Rovers are rejecting offers for their players from Barca.

Sell when we want mate.

Smells like a YouTuber trying to get hits.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Well let’s hope they get over it quickly and leave Mowbray to get on with the job he is doing.

Their famous pride has cost them a quarter of a billion quid and all of us a decade of misery and embarrassment. They can swallow it for once.

I think you need to re-read what I wrote in full Duncan (perhaps it was mis-interpreted or badly written) but I agree with you wholeheartedly mate!

2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Very happy with Giles. Have to be honest and maybe an unpopular decision but I'm not as pleased with Pickering as most appear to be. Loan or not good to have competion and Pickering had his work cut add now and might bring out more from him.

I think pickering has shown glimpses of what he's capable of. Hopefully a bit of competition helps him develop.

• Like 1