BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Pickering was our second worst performer after coming back from injury, second to the super cameo false no. 9 Mr. Bradley Johnson. He's got a decent left peg but physically weak, positionally not the best and lacks pace for a modern fullback/wingback. Pedersen is strong and versatile but a bit old fashioned - no real pace on him either.

One of the slowest professional footballers ive ever seen.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Well if we could get Ola Solbakken I would be very impressed and surprised. There is no secret that Jose Mourinho is a great admirerer, and there were some reports weeks ago that Solbakken were close to joining Rome.

12 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Pickering was our second worst performer after coming back from injury, second to the super cameo false no. 9 Mr. Bradley Johnson. He's got a decent left peg but physically weak, positionally not the best and lacks pace for a modern fullback/wingback. Pedersen is strong and versatile but a bit old fashioned - no real pace on him either.

I'd rather play and develop a young player who struggled coming back from injury after a promising start than pay higher wages for a poor left back in his prime years

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I want to see us linked with some real players not just Scandinavians for the sake of it 

We need a lot of bodies in imo, a busy few weeks ahead 

Any whispers?

He’ll have more player knowledge than Scandinavia too. For example he coached Solanke at Vitesse. Hopefully he knows of some unearthed gems too.

Even the very good Scandinavian players have realistic wages, and more often than not seem to adapt well over here.

Throw in the draw of playing for JDT, Broughton's knowledge of his time there, and you can't blame people for thinking it would be a good and exciting place to start.

I'd be fairly pleased if we just signed half the Malmo team tbh

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I want to see us linked with some real players not just Scandinavians for the sake of it 

We need a lot of bodies in imo, a busy few weeks ahead 

Any whispers?

I'm sure it won't be for the sake of it, but it's a region our new manager and DoF have extensive experience of between them. So it's a natural assumption they will consider the market and that links and speculation will be made for players there.

Frankly I find it a refreshing change from links to the usual candidates.

• Like 2

Agreed it won't be for the sake of it but we don't have a huge budget and past experience we're not fast to act so maybe we can get a bit of advantage by fishing in a slightly more obscure pond that we have a bit more knowledge of - rather than competing with the rest of the championship for the same players. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I'm sure it won't be for the sake of it, but it's a region our new manager and DoF have extensive experience of between them. So it's a natural assumption they will consider the market and that links and speculation will be made for players there.

Frankly I find it a refreshing change from links to the usual candidates.

Nice not to be linked to a player pool of only former middlesbrough players 

• Like 6

Lennihan confirmed gone by DOF. Surely Rovers should stop posting articles about his representation for Ireland now. Sounds as if they're expecting to sell Brereton. 

Would be nice to see some fast action in the market as we seem to have funds ready to go. 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/darragh-lenihan-exit-confirmed-ben-24245211

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, nbdelboy said:

broughton seems to be suggesting we have a bit of money to play with 👀👀

and that's without selling bbd..

very interesting indeed..!!

Maybe Venkys didn't want to give TM any real money to spend in his final two seasons?

On 12/05/2022 at 13:46, Mattyblue said:

A ‘dream transfer fee’ which won’t be anywhere to be seen for the team, but it will kick the FFP can down the road for a bit. As I suppose, finding something decent to sell every year so we can scramble away from sanctions, players, training ground, is the ‘dream’ these days…

According to Broughton theres a healthy budget for new players and he will be meeting BBD with his reps next week when he's back for pre season training. I can see a big crowd turning up for the 1st home game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

According to Broughton theres a healthy budget for new players and he will be meeting BBD with his reps next week when he's back for pre season training. I can see a big crowd turning up for the 1st home game.

Not at £30 a pop.

6 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Did he really say "healthy" budget?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Depends who the opposition is and depends if you call 10/11k home fans a big crowd.

I'd love to be proved wrong but the erosion of ST holders over the last few years is at critical level now and needs intervention.

Broughton on work permits and European recruiting since Brexit: “I’d say a lot more difficult, it’s shrunk enormously, I’d say by around 80 percent, compared to where it was two or three years ago. I bring knowledge of that market, Jon brings knowledge of that market, but I don’t think it will be our primary market."

That means it's five times harder to get what you're looking for now, if it's 20 percent of what it once was. At least the process can be simplified with things like that registration points calculation tool.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Lennihan confirmed gone by DOF. Surely Rovers should stop posting articles about his representation for Ireland now. Sounds as if they're expecting to sell Brereton. 

Would be nice to see some fast action in the market as we seem to have funds ready to go. 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/darragh-lenihan-exit-confirmed-ben-24245211

well he can **** off,throw his training gear on the road and ban him from brockhall