BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, mustard said:

Anyone else a little unnerved by all the youths being given pro contracts?  Law of averages says at least half of them are never going to be good enough for the first team.  

Just seems a way of filling the numbers which doesn't exactly bode well on transfers.  Particularly when you think of wages we are dishing out on these untested players.  Just hoping they won't be on a lot of money so it won't make too much of a dent.

Having just listened to this interview with Broughton, he's clearly going to want JDT to play our U23s next year: https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-g3f24-111bd9a

He talks about how they need to be exposed to senior football at 17/18 to aid their development. He's clearly covering his back with a number of them now - signing them up to professional deals should they be needed later on in the season. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You keeping slamming these loans spells Sam Burns had or Jack Vale had without seeing them live for those clubs? is this correct? If you watched of those games can you say what was good and bad about their performances? 

I think @Mike Eis right to say that we should be given some players a chance to be part of the first team squad going forward. @J*Bsaid yesterday that players like Adam Wharton, Harry Leonard, etc will be given the chance to impress on our pre season training camp to Portugal

Wood looks a very good prospect for the future. 

They will be given a chance Chris but the consensus of opinion is that there’s no one banging the door down this season. Phillips, A.Wharton and Leonard are the golden guys but not expected to breakthrough this time…

We need to acquire some players 👍🏼

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not getting into the debate about how many kids we can rely on etc but there is a lot of hypocrisy in you pulling me up for questioning loan spells in which our young strikers barely scored in massively inferior leagues considering the plethora of players you have suggested based on their stats or on the back of cleverly edited youtube videos!

I have watched both Vale and Burns developed over the last 4 years. I seriously believe Jack Vale is good enough for our first team squad and that based on what I have watched over the last 4 years and his development. You based your opinion on what? 

There is nothing wrong with clips from YouTube and shows more than what you have based your opinion on, but I tend to suggest players I've seen live and not on YouTube clips.  

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

They will be given a chance Chris but the consensus of opinion is that there’s no one banging the door down this season. Phillips, A.Wharton and Leonard are the golden guys but not expected to breakthrough this time…

Jack vale, Jake Garrett, James Brown and Ash Phillips will be banging that door down already. 

Around 6 signings imo

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I agree that none of the youths should be starting for the first-team this season. But if push came to shove, they could fill-in from the bench. I agree we need to aquire new players, but those players need to be of a required standard, and be able to fit into a system that will hopefully lead to success 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mustard said:

Anyone else a little unnerved by all the youths being given pro contracts?  Law of averages says at least half of them are never going to be good enough for the first team.  

Just seems a way of filling the numbers which doesn't exactly bode well on transfers.  Particularly when you think of wages we are dishing out on these untested players.  Just hoping they won't be on a lot of money so it won't make too much of a dent.

or they have realised that you can get a fee for players under contract

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have watched both Vale and Burns developed over the last 4 years. I seriously believe Jack Vale is good enough for our first team squad and that based on what I have watched over the last 4 years and his development. You based your opinion on what? 

There is nothing wrong with clips from YouTube and shows more than what you have based your opinion on, but I tend to suggest players I've seen live and not on YouTube clips.  

Jack vale, Jake Garrett, James Brown and Ash Phillips will be banging that door down already. 

Around 6 signings imo

I have never said that he isn't up to it, just that we can't assume that he is.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blackburn Rovers and Sheffield United in fight to sign Malmo star Anel Ahmedhodzic

Sheff Utd in shock £3m swoop for Malmo star Anel Ahmedhodzic but face transfer fight with Blackburn | The Sun

Come on Gregg Broughton and Jon Dahl Tomasson deliver Anel Ahmedhodzic as our first signing 

He knows JDT so in a straight choose i think he will choose us.

• Like 2

Just now, neophox said:

He knows JDT so in a straight choose i think he will choose us.

If the money is similar I agree. If there’s a +5% swing I suspect he will go where the cash is. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You keeping slamming these loans spells Sam Burns had or Jack Vale had without seeing them live for those clubs? is this correct? If you watched of those games can you say what was good and bad about their performances? 

I think @Mike Eis right to say that we should be given some players a chance to be part of the first team squad going forward. @J*Bsaid yesterday that players like Adam Wharton, Harry Leonard, etc will be given the chance to impress on our pre season training camp to Portugal

Wood looks a very good prospect for the future. 

Out of the u23 matches I watched, 

H Wood impressed me the most and got me interested 👍 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I'm from scunny, Sam burns was woeful for us in most of his games BUT hard to stand out in such a shambolic team 

Burns's game is ideal for a high press tactic. You don't get many relegated clubs playing a high press. So I wouldn't expect him to show at Scunthorpe

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

Burns's game is ideal for a high press tactic. You don't get many relegated clubs playing a high press. So I wouldn't expect him to show at Scunthorpe

That's very true, but his overall game looked poor at times, but we both agree it would be hard to look good in that scunny side 

We aren't beating Sheff Utd off for any players money wise, hopefully the JDT factor might swing it.

As long he tells them they'll be in the team if they train hard enough and aren't coming as back up or to learn off Scott Wharton for 6 months !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I am also not convinced that the logical conclusion of avoiding this problem - selling Rothwell, Nyambe, Lenihan AND Armstrong last summer - would have been greeted on here with much acclaim at the the time.

There would have been initial dismay. However the real reaction would have depended on who we signed as replacements.

• Like 1