BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Bowyer's dad was a brilliant scout. 

I know, when i was typing that out i was looking back and thinking why didn't they continue down that path.

Soon as they sold cairney the writing was on the wall.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I don't think we can use Rothwell as an example - 2nd in the league and sell to one of our main rivals ? Hindsight has shown the wrong call was made - but fans would have been up in arms if he had been sold.

So? It was like all this the other week about ‘fans being up in arms if BB had signed a new deal in 2020’.

The club either protects its assets and its balance sheet or it doesn’t, upset fans don’t come into it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

People have this impression that the ‘model’ the last few years is too buy cheap and sell high, but apart from AA when has it actually happened?

We font though, do we? We give them away for free. And if we dont manage to sell BBD for a decent fee in this window that’l be another gone for nowt

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'll imagine he'll cut and paste the spiel from each of the last three weeks.

"Progress has been made with a number of targets and we're hopeful of getting one or two in next week."

Starting to feel a bit sorry for him, he's been dealt a seven two offsuit by Mowbray and Waggott in terms of the state of the squad and so far nothing has been done to rectify the situation.

We don't seem to be finding it any less impossible to bring players in than under the previous regime. Wonder if it is having to run everything past Waggott and Suhail that is putting the kibosh on things?

There is one common denominator over the last 12 years that has constantly caused delays and you still seemingly haven't twigged.

4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Full list of trialists at Reading:

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill

🇬🇳 Julian Jeanvier

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Sam Hutchinson

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Grant Ward

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Jacob Davenport

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Jodi Jones

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Josh Murphy

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Conor Wickham

Ince seemingly hoarding rubbish.

• Like 2

I see Travis was named captain … something that has been discussed on here .. I wonder can anybody name ( I can’t by the way) the last full time captain of Rovers that wasn’t a product of our youth academy ? I have a feeling it might have been Jordan Rhodes but ???? 

7 minutes ago, AJW said:

I see Travis was named captain … something that has been discussed on here .. I wonder can anybody name ( I can’t by the way) the last full time captain of Rovers that wasn’t a product of our youth academy ? I have a feeling it might have been Jordan Rhodes but ???? 

Bennett? And before him Mulgrew.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Ah crap, where can I find these quotes?

“I think it’s quite clear, you guys know where we need to buy players, it’s quite simple isn’t it.

“If you bring players in and you want to take a special direction those players should be able to help the team to be better than the players we have so we can put the team in a positive direction which is important.

“I know what I want and the club have to provide that of course and they are working extremely hard to provide that.”

• Like 4

I don't think those quotes suggest he isn't happy with the club. I can see him saying them if he wasn't, but I can also see him saying exactly the same thing if he accepts they're doing the best they can.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I don't think we can use Rothwell as an example - 2nd in the league and sell to one of our main rivals ? Hindsight has shown the wrong call was made - but fans would have been up in arms if he had been sold.

Totally agree but if it was only about buy low sell high he'd have been shunted out regardless.

Hindsight and experience also tells us it's just as costly not investing at key times as it is not making hay whilst the sun shines.

Are you and Gregg working together to strengthen the team where you can?

"Yes, it's not like normal in England. I know what I want and the club has to provide it and they are working very hard."

It's 'not like normal in England' does suggest he is surprised or frustrated at it being harder to get deals over the line. Seems like for now he thinks that's an English football problem more than it's a 'our club moves at a snail's pace under Venkys' problem.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

"Yes, it's not like normal in England. I know what I want and the club has to provide it and they are working very hard."

It's 'not like normal in England' does suggest he is surprised or frustrated at it being harder to get deals over the line. Seems like for now he thinks that's an English football problem more than it's a 'our club moves at a snail's pace under Venkys' problem.

He'll learn 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

No, he referring to the set up of having a Head Coach and a Director of Football.

Most managers dictate their own transfers in England.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

No, he referring to the set up of having a Head Coach and a Director of Football.

Most managers dictate their own transfers in England.

I don't agree with that interpretation of his words. Pretty sure he is saying England is a different market to operate in, rather than that we are not operating like other English clubs due to our new setup. But who knows. It's not his first language.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

So? It was like all this the other week about ‘fans being up in arms if BB had signed a new deal in 2020’.

The club either protects its assets and its balance sheet or it doesn’t, upset fans don’t come into it.

Irrespective of the fans - the club really couldn't win with Rothwell. The multi million pound offers were only coming from one club. £3m at Christmas or potential promotion. I think we can argue all day about the club letting the contracts run down - but mid pandemic who was buying players for us to recoup good fees for them ?

I think we could have been more proactive - but appreciate it isn't straightforward.

• Like 2