BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If @unleadedsays we are interested in him then it is a genuine player we are interested in. 

well given that JDT is away in Scotland with the majority of the week and will Gregg Broughton being going up there to watch games or still at Brockhall to bring in signings and other personal? 

If Rich says something then there's a 99.9% chance there's something in it, he's smart enough not to publish things unless he knows they're accurate

1 hour ago, Finlay McKenna said:

If Rich says something then there's a 99.9% chance there's something in it, he's smart enough not to publish things unless he knows they're accurate

He's just read what unleaded has posted on here and regurgitated it online hasn't he?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If you say so.

Maybe look at what @unleadedhas posted on here. He is the ITK we have on the forum. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not a clue on the logistics, but I am sure they can work around it. We are ill prepared for the season so the sooner we improve the squad the better. There will always be at least a game a week now.

Yes we need a few signings in and they will happen. JDT said yesterday the club working hard on signings. So hopefully we sign 1 or 2 signings this week. 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Will you be publishing any minutes from your meeting with Waggott?

I will post a summary of the meeting. 

34 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He's just read what unleaded has posted on here and regurgitated it online hasn't he?

Think it's far more likely he's just heard the same things as unleaded.

Alternatively, a less likely scenario is he has seen what Unleaded has claimed and checked that to his sources, unlikely but either way Rich isn't going to report on things he isn't confident in the validity of, so the idea that he'd report stuff off the back of the forums is nonsense.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe look at what @unleadedhas posted on here. He is the ITK we have on the forum. 

Yes we need a few signings in and they will happen. JDT said yesterday the club working hard on signings. So hopefully we sign 1 or 2 signings this week. 

I will post a summary of the meeting. 

When is the meeting?

Can't say I want to see us waste any considerable amount of money on a player who's 30+ and didn't particularly shine at Cardiff. Few 100k is fine but it's certainly not a signing filling me with confidence so far. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Neal said:

Can't say I want to see us waste any considerable amount of money on a player who's 30+ and didn't particularly shine at Cardiff. Few 100k is fine but it's certainly not a signing filling me with confidence so far. 

I'm happy to see whoever JDT considers part of his plans through the door, need some experience in the squad

4 hours ago, Neal said:

He made 1 appearance at Cardiff so not sure that's the best spell of his career to judge him on....

His record elsewhere in his career looks good.

12 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I didn't say you were bad (I'm sure you're a very pleasant person), just mistaken

Bless, showing your age there Jimbo!! 

Anyone who has led at any level knows that whilst money is of course relevant in terms of a persons self worth and perceived value in an organisation, there are several other essential factors such as leadership, culture, vision, a feeling of value and opportunity.

Just admit you don’t know EVERY footballer and that you said something silly, and we’ll move on 👍🏼

Edited by Paul Mani

And that’s all fine, but you aren’t getting them/keeping them in the building in the first place to sample said inspirational leadership when your peer organisations are paying double/triple what you are for the same job…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Bless, showing your age there Jimbo!! 

Anyone who has led at any level knows that whilst money is of course relevant in terms of a persons self worth and perceived value in an organisation, there are several other essential factors such as leadership, culture, vision, a feeling of value and opportunity.

Just admit you don’t know EVERY footballer and that you said something silly, and we’ll move on 👍🏼

You fell for that one. I know what “bad” means in modern parlance - I don’t like it though and will always take the rise out of youths when I see or hear it. There’s nothing “silly” in pointing out footballers are driven by money and very little else. Yes they’ll come out with some tripe about “the project” or similar but  it’s all meaningless PR twaddle 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

You fell for that one. I know what “bad” means in modern parlance - I don’t like it though and will always take the rise out of youths when I see or hear it. There’s nothing “silly” in pointing out footballers are driven by money and very little else. Yes they’ll come out with some tripe about “the project” or similar but  it’s all meaningless PR twaddle 

Yes you’re right. These days it’s all about money. I can’t blame them for that, it’s a short career that can end in a moment. They’ll be looking at Dack and thinking - “ On the verge of a big money move and now 2 years older and struggling to regain his place in the Rovers team “.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

16 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Ben Davies 

Todd Cantwell

Berget (no idea how to spell his name)

These are the only links we have had right bar that anel who was snapped up by Sheffield United?

We've also been linked with Reda Khadra (Brighton) and Tim Iroegbunam (Villa) on loan.

There have been some (more than likely made up) whispers about Cameron Brannagan (Oxford Utd) and Veljko Birmancevic (Malmo) too.

Edited by TheRevAshton

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Waffle.

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Waffle.

I think some of what Jim says is correct; if one club is offering significantly more than the other I can't imagine any footballer would even comprehend "the project". Where it would come in to play would be if the offers are similar or the same. I would imagine a centre forward for example would be far more interested in working for JDT then say Mowbray as you could garner more from the former than the latter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigUts said:

I think some of what Jim says is correct; if one club is offering significantly more than the other I can't imagine any footballer would even comprehend "the project". Where it would come in to play would be if the offers are similar or the same. I would imagine a centre forward for example would be far more interested in working for JDT then say Mowbray as you could garner more from the former than the latter.

Absolutely correct.

However footballers know it's a short career so will try to gain as much money as possible, the vast majority anyway.

Some won't of course but in general a footballer, as well as a non-footballer will follow the money.

But if the offer is similar they will look at job satisfaction 

Clubs I would say our are peers, I.e non parachute, top half clubs are seemingly offering much higher wages. 

In that case ‘the project’, ‘culture’, ‘vision’, ‘JDT’s leadership’ and all the rest of it, as worthy as it is, won’t even get a hearing.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Clubs I would say our are peers, I.e non parachute, top half clubs are seemingly offering much higher wages. 

In that case ‘the project’, ‘JDT’s leadership’ and all the rest of it won’t even get a hearing.

Greggs job mate...Come on Dermott we need some signings...

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

In that case ‘the project’, ‘culture’, ‘vision’, ‘JDT’s leadership’ and all the rest of it, as worthy as it is, won’t even get a hearing.

Exactly, people saying it's not about the money and about the journey are severely suffering with Mowbrayism.

Anyone who says they would say no to a pay rise for the exact same job is lying to themselves 

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 2