BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

11 minutes ago, Neal said:

Genuinely one of the weirdest transfers I've come across. I get the feeling he must have a better move lined up in a years time, hence why he only wants a year at Wigan and didn't want 3 years at Rovers. Either way, if he doesn't want to be here then we shouldn't want him or waste time on him, the biggest disappointment is not getting a penny for him. His agent sounds like a complete tit and is taking risks with his career. Bollocks to him. 

Sounds like a penny would have been all we would have got , bases on a one year Wigan contract 

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

They were interested in Nyambe as well weren't they?

Who you seemingly don't rate so that rather defeats your argument.

As for Gallagher, £3m and I'd drive him up there myself. 

And pay for the fuel. Even at £2 per litre.

So interested in Nyambe that they couldn't match the mighty Wigan's offer of a 1 year contract.

I'm not convinced at all that Broughton even tried to keep Nyambe after their meeting. 

To me, the most likely scenario is that Broughton thought he could do better for the money. 

With our potential first transfer being a full back, this only backs up what I was thinking. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RoverDom said:

That's the most suspicious sentence anyone could write 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sounds like they’ve got a gun to his head and he’s trying to hint he’s in trouble 🤣

20 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I think you can rule out mercenary more muppetry😅 maybe rovers are actually too good for him but the fact he gets a one year deal at Wigan actually says it all, if we accept both Boro and rovers are better options then his fall from grace epitomises his ambition and attitude! Just where he thinks it thought he was premier league in waiting is way beyond me😅 he has been kippered but his greedy and fuktard of an agent

I suspect the one year deal is down to him rather than Wigan or maybe it is them paying him a proper wage but not wanting to commit any longer in case they go down again.

Agree on the ambition as surely for them it's just to stay up that's why they've pushed the boat out to get him.  I don't buy into this idea hes signed there for shirt buttons either. Probably his lunatic agents thinking we'll milk these for a year then move somewhere else and do it again.

He'll end up in the French 2nd tier if he's not careful.

21 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Not really mate, no, and it's a strange thing to ask tbh. We'll discuss what we want to discuss, and losing Nyambe on a 1 year deal to Wigan is a bitter pill to swallow. We can't just ignore it until more information arrives, which may or may not happen. If you mean you're going to tell us what you've heard, great, but whatever you have to share isn't the extent of what we can discuss about it.

I've asked some questions at the wigan side from a friend who is part of the coaching team. 

I'm as livid as you regarding the situation, 

At the same time trying to be positive we may actually sign someone.

However the facts are just not out there at present, bar he has signed a one year deal.

Perhaps it needs its own thread?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

I'm not convinced at all that Broughton even tried to keep Nyambe after their meeting. 

To me, the most likely scenario is that Broughton thought he could do better for the money. 

With our potential first transfer being a full back, this only backs up what I was thinking. 

This. I was told a few weeks ago from a member of the current coaching team that Nyambe was ready to sign with no other offers on the table. Shortly after, it all broke down and I was genuinely shocked. My feeling at the time was that we must’ve turned him down, but I wimped out of saying on here because it’d have been ridiculed.

Him signing a one year deal at Wigan says it all…a decent championship defender at best. The end.

16 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Who on earth are "Waggots minions " ? Why are you so determined to create divisions amongst Rovers fans ?

They know who they are and they take it on the chin in the manner it's meant to be.

Opinions on things tend to differ you see, besides how do you know they don't dig me out ?

As for creating division i think i rank mid table at best on that score on here, you on the other hand in the Mowbray years (hes gone have you got over it yet ?) were thoroughly Premier league in that dept.

Just now, tomphil said:

They know who they are and they take it on the chin in the manner it's meant to be.

Opinions on things tend to differ you see, besides how do you know they don't dig me out ?

As for creating division i think i rank mid table at best on that score on here, you on the other hand in the Mowbray years (hes gone have you got over it yet ?) were thoroughly Premier league in that dept.

Pathetic from beginning to end.

The Nyambe to Wigan signing just seems to awfully odd and strange. I imagine the only thing that has changed is the 0 at the end of the month. I am disappointed to see one of our own academy players go especially one who has played so many games for us. It is a coup for Wigan make no doubt about it they are looking to stabilize and remain in this league. For Ryan is seems like big fish in a small pond where he has gone for the money rather than ambitions. Though i cannot blame him, at the end of the day all you want is the pay you deserve, did he and Lenihan deserve a pay increase? Of course! I would have sold Ayala any day of the week to give those wages to Nyambe and Lenihan and bring in Carter as the back up with Philips. Just seems we have done it the wrong way round. If the plan was to upgrade the RB position with Brittain then you have to trust the management as well. Maybe Nyambe did not fit into was JDT and Gregg wanted. We will see what happened here once the months go by but Waggot will have to have some answers for this.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roverstdt said:

The Nyambe to Wigan signing just seems to awfully odd and strange. I imagine the only thing that has changed is the 0 at the end of the month. I am disappointed to see one of our own academy players go especially one who has played so many games for us. It is a coup for Wigan make no doubt about it they are looking to stabilize and remain in this league. For Ryan is seems like big fish in a small pond where he has gone for the money rather than ambitions. Though i cannot blame him, at the end of the day all you want is the pay you deserve, did he and Lenihan deserve a pay increase? Of course! I would have sold Ayala any day of the week to give those wages to Nyambe and Lenihan and bring in Carter as the back up with Philips. Just seems we have done it the wrong way round. If the plan was to upgrade the RB position with Brittain then you have to trust the management as well. Maybe Nyambe did not fit into was JDT and Gregg wanted. We will see what happened here once the months go by but Waggot will have to have some answers for this.  

Hopefully can get the other side of the story before i meet with Mr Waggott tomorrow, and then ask him the question armed with the other side

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

They were interested in Nyambe as well weren't they?

Who you seemingly don't rate so that rather defeats your argument.

As for Gallagher, £3m and I'd drive him up there myself. 

And pay for the fuel. Even at £2 per litre.

My post is about Gally not Nyambe Rev