BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I don't think this logic tracks. Someone has to be below the two we have tried for. Whoever we go for next there is a genuine target. Are you going to ask that of whoever we go for next, 'Why would he be so far down our list if he was a genuine target?'

Besides, like someone else says, he may have been considered unavailable earlier whilst Brighton assessed their squad, and become available now or later.

I suppose there could be merit in the idea that he was initially unavailable and that changed, although Brighton have not signed any new centre backs from what I have seen.

I meant more that Van Hecke was so impressive on loan that he was surely as relevant as anyone when looking for a centre back, so subject to a sudden availability, I would find it a bit strange that he was down the list at all and not at the top.

I personally don't see it happening unfortunately.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Transfers take time and its takes days and even weeks to bring players in. That just how it works in football

My work friend is very happy with this signing

of course Jan Paul Van Hecke is a more than reasonable target? if the fee and wages are sensible then he is affordable. If we are talking crazy fee or wages then he isn't affordable. I think a transfer fee around 3 million with 15% sell on clause above the original fee plus 15k a wage. That the deal I would be looking at doing for him to bring him back home here. 

On the lists point, You will have around 5 or 6 players on different lists on the fee and wages they would cost. 

You have just dreamt up random figures in your head there. I am not convinced that he is a target, I am not convinced that we will spend £3m on one player in this window, I am not convinced that your hypothetical financial package would attract him, and if that would get him, I bet bigger sides would snap him up.

Would love to be wrong and for him to be announced as a Rovers signing but I would be as surprised as I would be delighted.

2 minutes ago, Rovers150 said:

My own preference would be

BBD - Brighton for Van Heck and £12 mill

bring in the City youngster Delap for £2 mill

Bowler from Blackpool - £2.5 mill

Styles from Barnsley - £2.5 mill

Change left over. Happy days

I think Southampton had a bid for Delap well over 8 figures rejected.

1 minute ago, Rovers150 said:

Delap? Think Soton just had a 11 mill bid rejected. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rovers150 said:

southampton offered 20 million for delap and got turned down,so it`s slightly unlikely he`ll come here🤣

4 minutes ago, Rovers150 said:

Honestly I think some people on this site live in dreamland, Southampton bid 16m for Delap earlier this window and it was rejected!

people just chucking around names and figures with no logic then get angry with rovers a few days later when nothings happened.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

of course Jan Paul Van Hecke is a more than reasonable target? if the fee and wages are sensible then he is affordable. If we are talking crazy fee or wages then he isn't affordable. I think a transfer fee around 3 million with 15% sell on clause above the original fee plus 15k a wage. That the deal I would be looking at doing for him to bring him back home here. 

I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of JPVH coming back at some point chaddy as I understand he is keen to return but I don't see it happening yet as he only has 12 months left on his contract at Brighton and as things stand they want a fee well in excess of 8 figures for him.

You might scoff at that but of course we are in the same boat with BBD and whilst I don't want him sold at all I'd be very disappointed if we let him go for much less than our reported £20m asking price.

I'd have thought JPVH would be a more plausible target in January at a reduced fee but of course we could get beaten to the punch by a Club not restricted by FFP. We'll have to wait and see.

24 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Just bumped into David Moyes in Glasgow airport. Politely requested he refrain from signing Mr Brereton Diaz!

His response, ‘ah, don’t know if I am - there’s a lot of press speculation about it ey’

And you call yourself a fan.

"Moyesy, that Brereton Diaz lad is worth £20m, nay bother".

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think Southampton had a bid for Delap well over 8 figures rejected.

16 million according to reports and I although crazy I wouldn't disbelieve it as they signed an 18 year old with no first team appearance from city for 14

Southampton seem to be going that way now. They just signed that young Belgium midfielder from city too. But yeah delap would be class on loan. I was scared he'd go to Burnley on loan and he still might. Don't be fooled by who his dad is 😂, he's going to be a player.

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Seems Rovers got offered Delap on loan in January and Mowbray said no - feckin unbelievable.  Remember Mowbray's own words 'we've been offered PL strikers and said no'.  Makes my blood boil that we persevered with, IMO, a clown of a manager for so long when the happy clappers thought he was the best thing since sliced bread.

It was daft to say no, but tbh he did sign Markanday who was bagging in goals at the same level Delap had played at 

It wasn’t Mowbrays fault his hamstring went 

8 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It was daft to say no, but tbh he did sign Markanday who was bagging in goals at the same level Delap had played at 

the gap in ability between delap and markanday is massive,if spurs thought he was that good they would never have sold him for half a million quid would they

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of JPVH coming back at some point chaddy as I understand he is keen to return but I don't see it happening yet as he only has 12 months left on his contract at Brighton and as things stand they want a fee well in excess of 8 figures for him.

You might scoff at that but of course we are in the same boat with BBD and whilst I don't want him sold at all I'd be very disappointed if we let him go for much less than our reported £20m asking price.

I'd have thought JPVH would be a more plausible target in January at a reduced fee but of course we could get beaten to the punch by a Club not restricted by FFP. We'll have to wait and see.

No way JPVH is 8 figures. Brighton just sold Østigaard to Napoli for a reported fee of 4.2

It's a good comparison because they are very similar. Both 1 year left, same position, about same age.

Østigaard would be more expensive since he has several succesful loan spells (Germany, Championship, Serie A) as well being a full international and rated the best player of Norway four matches in June. 

3 mill area sounds right for Van Hecke. I think we overrate the interest and value in him. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, briansol said:

No way JPVH is 8 figures. Brighton just sold Østigaard to Napoli for a reported fee of 4.2

It's a good comparison because they are very similar. Both 1 year left, same position, about same age.

Østigaard would be more expensive since he has several succesful loan spells (Germany, Championship, Serie A) as well being a full international and rated the best player of Norway four matches in June. 

3 mill area sounds right for Van Hecke. I think we overrate the interest and value in him. 

Take it or leave it, The info supposedly comes from the player himself. Why on earth would Brighton let JPVH go for £3m at this stage?

I'd have thought we might be able to get him for c £5m in January (that's pure guesswork on my part) but of course we might get gazumped before then by a Club not as limited by FFP or might decide we need someone in before then.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20519711.jon-dahl-tomasson-delivers-blackburn-rovers-transfer-latest/

Not much new, aside from the similar method we have heard every summer in recent memory, that we are waiting for Premier League teams to come back from pre-season tours to speed up the market. Also a call for experience.

Hopefully that relates to permanent players rather than just loans and some money will be spent.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20519711.jon-dahl-tomasson-delivers-blackburn-rovers-transfer-latest/

Not much new, aside from the similar method we have heard every summer in recent memory, that we are waiting for Premier League teams to come back from pre-season tours to speed up the market. Also a call for experience.

Hopefully that relates to permanent players rather than just loans and some money will be spent.

He's making a point of placing the ball back firmly in the Club's Court once again. 

"The Club needs to provide those players".

I also like the comment: "I received some good advice!" (From the supporters)

Yeah "Oi Tomasson, Get some f'in players signed!"

🤣

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Pretty sure 99 managers out of 100 would have taken the Delap option!

Different type of players anyhow - understand the money was there so Mowbray could, and should, have signed both!

It really does beggar belief.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, briansol said:

Brereton roughly same age and 1 year left on his contract.

Just why do Rovers and some fans think we can get top dollar for Brereton and pick up others in similar circumstances, like VH, for relative buttons.  It really is nonsense. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Brereton roughly same age and 1 year left on his contract.

Just why do Rovers and some fans think we can get top dollar for Brereton and pick up others in similar circumstances, like VH, for relative buttons.  It really is nonsense. 

It is always (almost) more money for an attacker/ midfielder/ winger than a defender. 

A step UP from the championship is easier for an attacking player than a defender. 

Edited by TurkishDelight

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Pretty sure 99 managers out of 100 would have taken the Delap option!

Different type of players anyhow - understand the money was there so Mowbray could, and should, have signed both!

It really does beggar belief.

He really couldn't be arsed going for it he'd rather keep selling the owners the journey, give us all another contract and i'll develop a few more etc

• Like 2