BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Tomasson: “Overall, it’s a great win for us to get the project started.”

This is about the 6th time he has called the club a project. He’s right, I suppose, when he refers to Rovers as a project; but, it doesn’t sound very endearing or personal about the club. 

I guess I won’t say anything bad about him, if he leaves us after 3-4 years, & we’re in much better shape, possibly, in the PL. I seriously doubt he came to Rovers to retire. Arguably, that’s all Kenny ever wanted, he was a Red for life when we got him, he went back there, and we still love him.

I just hope that’s how Tomasson’s chapter of the clubs history reads. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

Honestly if we were to add Bowler and Styles to our team our starting 11 would easily look play off material.

kaminski 

Brittain Ayala Wharton Styles

travis Buckley

bowler dolan Diaz

Gally

Serious potential in that team. If you were to add VanHecke in aswell then it would be impossible to not be hopeful about our chances this season. Would still be serious questions about the squad depth though 

• Like 2

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Tomasson: “Overall, it’s a great win for us to get the project started.”

This is about the 6th time he has called the club a project. He’s right, I suppose, when he refers to Rovers as a project; but, it doesn’t sound very endearing or personal about the club. 

I guess I won’t say anything bad about him, if he leaves us after 3-4 years, & we’re in much better shape, possibly, in the PL. I seriously doubt he came to Rovers to retire. Arguably, that’s all Kenny ever wanted, he was a Red for life when we got him, he went back there, and we still love him.

I just hope that’s how Tomasson’s chapter of the clubs history reads. 

'Project' sounds to me like 'work in progress'. He'll only be as committed as far as he can take us.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Honestly if we were to add Bowler and Styles to our team our starting 11 would easily look play off material.

kaminski 

Brittain Ayala Wharton Styles

travis Buckley

bowler dolan Diaz

Gally

Serious potential in that team. If you were to add VanHecke in aswell then it would be impossible to not be hopeful about our chances this season. Would still be serious questions about the squad depth though 

Amen to that, a couple savvy signings and we look a total different prospect. We looked good today but very vulnerable to injuries.

if we could realistically get Bowler, Styles and striker who holds the ball up we would be a sexy outfit! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

How much have you seen of him play?

The reason I ask is I have always seen him play as a number 10, I am curious to know how often in the past he has played either from the wing or as a striker to see if he could fit in the same team as Dack.

Based on Dacks attitude today I don’t think he’ll be a rovers player by the end of the window.

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It’s a bit odd that the away fans were chanting “we want you stay” at him. According to a lot of people on here posh fans were happy to see him leave.

42 minutes ago, Lee0r said:

I thought the exact same with the term ‘project’. Really de personalised. It’s not a project to us. It’s life. 

It’s just the same as Mowbray saying journey all the time. Quite frankly I couldn’t care what they call it if we end up being successful.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Based on Dacks attitude today I don’t think he’ll be a rovers player by the end of the window.

what was bradley doing??moonies on the bench,tickling jdt,throwing chips in the crowd,how can you have an attitude when you ar`nt playing,he`s not fit enough to start,simple as,even he knows that

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Couldn't have done much worse than the out of his depth Vale.

Bit harsh, not really for his first start in the Championship. 

He deserved his chance following a brilliant pre season.

Give the lad a break 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

what was bradley doing??moonies on the bench,tickling jdt,throwing chips in the crowd,how can you have an attitude when you ar`nt playing,he`s not fit enough to start,simple as,even he knows that

At the end JDT celebrated hugging everyone on the bench then subs came on the pitch. Dack didn’t looked at him, briefly slapped his hand then went straight down the tunnel. Looked like a bloke fuming he didn’t get on rather than one who was delighted the team won.

52 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

Amen to that, a couple savvy signings and we look a total different prospect. We looked good today but very vulnerable to injuries.

if we could realistically get Bowler, Styles and striker who holds the ball up we would be a sexy outfit! 

Welcome home Lucas Joao

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Bit harsh, not really for his first start in the Championship. 

He deserved his chance following a brilliant pre season.

Give the lad a break 

I'm not saying it to his face.  Players get judged on their performances and he was woefully short today.  Different than playing AFC Darwen

It was the wrong decision to start him.

Edited by Sparks Rover

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm not saying it to his face.  Players get judged on their performances and he was woefully short today.  Different than playing AFC Darwen

It was the wrong decision to start him.

Yes and I stand by my original post in that you're being a bit harsh. 

I and a few others who've commented on JV today think he did ok and worked hard for the team. 

Opinions heh 😉 

1 minute ago, damo100 said:

Yes and I stand by my original post in that you're being a bit harsh. 

I and a few others who've commented on JV today think he did ok and worked hard for the team. 

Opinions heh 😉 

Good for you, I suppose JDT will decide who is right.  

I bet he doesn't start the next game

• Like 1

This transfer window will be successful if GB gets players  that make JDT happy. So far the manager has said he is happy with the first player signed. We have no reason not to take his word for it. Surely for their first window that’s the best true barometer of how the window goes. GB will need a couple of windows to right previous wrongs. 

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Good for you, I suppose JDT will decide who is right.  

I bet he doesn't start the next game

Possibly not, who knows, however that deflects from you being harsh from your original post.

I think you're missing the point.

• Like 2

Thought Vale struggled to get involved today , a few nice touches but not much else I think there is more there than what was shown today , Hedges same can’t say he contributed much but with 15 mins to go i thought Gally and Diaz were struggling we needed fresh legs that when I would have brought on Dack and Markanday , felt we were hanging on towards then end , Dack has the ability to lift the crowd even if JDT doesn’t think he’s fit enough or fits into his style of play he cannot deny his impact on the team and fans 

• Like 1

'Journey' to me just sounded like we'll keep meandering on doing and saying the same things and see if we end up anywhere.

'Project' sounds like a building job with an actual target in mind so to me it's a right enough term i don't think this fella is a water treader.

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Been told smoddy fee is wayyyyy below 2.5 and he's booked in for a Monday medical. 2.5 is a promotion figure and based on appearances 

Ahh okay..if the fee is based if appearances and promotion ect then its a good bit of business for a tidy player.. looking forward to seeing him in blue and white