BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

Michael Hector still without a club?

Not sure how much he’s dipped but only 30 and was huge for Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham a year or two back 

Interesting one - player of the year at Wednesday and I think he played most of the season when Fulham got promoted. Surely he would be a very good pick up at Championship level

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, superniko said:

Interesting one - player of the year at Wednesday and I think he played most of the season when Fulham got promoted. Surely he would be a very good pick up at Championship level

40 games in 3 years for Fulham

Edited by Mellor Rover

27 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

I guess Diaz is down the pecking order in Wolves transfer targets.

Have Everton been suggested? They only have DCL and he's injured so they're going into a PL season without a decent striker and Rondon suspended.

Edited by Tricky

7 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Have Everton been suggested? They only have DCL and he's injured so they're going into a PL season without a decent striker and Rondon suspended.

Going to Everton would be a gamble, Lampard will be sacked before the Autumn and I wouldn’t be surprised if they were in for another relegation battle.  

• Like 1

End of the day if we were a normally run club with genuine financial issues, i'd be shipping out Diaz tomorrow for anything around £15m, doubling our money on someone who looked like he had never played the game for his first 2 years here is decent going i think.

The fact is though we're not, venkys don't give a hoot about money here and never really have done. So on that basis I would rather keep him as I know he will get somewhere around 15 goals this season. Take him out and goal scoring looks very bleak in this side.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 3

Maybe Helik is on the list but is the "B" option, with Van Hecke being the "A" target.

Scenario 1: Helik goes to Poland for £1.5m (outrage from some), Van Hecke signs for Rovers for £3m in 2 weeks (delirium).

Scenario 2: Rovers sign Helik £1.5m (good signing), Van Hecke signs for another CH team for less than £3m in 4 weeks as Rovers "can't" afford him, and already have Wharton, Ayala, Carter, Helik, Barnes and Phillips (outrage by the many).

Scenario 3: Rovers sign neither (Or any quality CB) (mass outrage by all).

That's always the gamble when option "B" gets transferred first.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Maybe Helik is on the list but is the "B" option, with Van Hecke being the "A" target.

Scenario 1: Helik goes to Poland for £1.5m (outrage from some), Van Hecke signs for Rovers for £3m in 2 weeks (delirium).

Scenario 2: Rovers sign Helik £1.5m (good signing), Van Hecke signs for another CH team for less than £3m in 4 weeks as Rovers "can't" afford him, and already have Wharton, Ayala, Carter, Helik, Barnes and Phillips (outrage by the many).

Scenario 3: Rovers sign neither (Or any quality CB) (mass outrage by all).

That's always the gamble when option "B" gets transferred first.

This something you’ve heard ?

1 hour ago, phili said: I think playing the high pressing game for 2 games a week will be a struggle on the players later in the season.

I agree and I think that is the reason for the second half of season dips. The number of games combined with the inevitable knocks and strains they pick they are burnt out by Christmas and can’t perform to the same standards. 

36 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

End of the day if we were a normally run club with genuine financial issues, i'd be shipping out Diaz tomorrow for anything around £15m, doubling our money on someone who looked like he had never played the game for his first 2 years here is decent going i think.

The fact is though we're not, venkys don't give a hoot about money here and never really have done. So on that basis I would rather keep him as I know he will get somewhere around 15 goals this season. Take him out and goal scoring looks very bleak in this side.

I genuinely think we're trying to ship him out. Broughton will want to wash his own face financially - that sale will help.

46 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Who’s paying £15m for him at the moment? No one has been seriously linked. 

We sold Armstrong last season under very similar (almost identical) circumstances so I’m sure he’ll be gone if a serious offer is submitted.

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I genuinely think we're trying to ship him out. Broughton will want to wash his own face financially - that sale will help.

But, without his goals we could be in a big trouble. The money would have to be used wisely and his goals would have to be replaced(we also need to add to his tally anyway). ~£15 million pounds is great, but I’d rather stay in this league/possibly challange for promotion.  

If you took away his goals last season I imagine we’d have been relegated? 

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

If you took away his goals last season I imagine we’d have been relegated

Like the saddo i am I just flicked through all the results from last season and I think we'd have 13 fewer points if you toom away his goals. He often scored in losing games and games where we won by 3 or 4 rather than 1 or 2.

That would gave put us about 17th / 18th roughly

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Like the saddo i am I just flicked through all the results from last season and I think we'd have 13 fewer points if you toom away his goals. He often scored in losing games and games where we won by 3 or 4 rather than 1 or 2.

That would gave put us about 17th / 18th roughly

I was tempted to do the same! Might not have been as bad as I feared then, but his goals almost got us into the play offs and could quite easily be the difference this season. It’s a stick or twist situation. We could keep him and get possibly into the play offs, get promoted and then it’d be more than worth losing the ~£15 million, or we could finish mid table anyway and lose him for nothing. Shit or bust do they say? 

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

I was tempted to do the same! Might not have been as bad as I feared then, but his goals almost got us into the play offs and could quite easily be the difference this season. It’s a stick or twist situation. We could keep him and get possibly into the play offs, get promoted and then it’d be more than worth losing the ~£15 million, or we could finish mid table anyway and lose him for nothing. Shit or bust do they say? 

Venkys will just plug that gap anyway.

I wish it wasn't the case but here we are, I would rather keep him and go for it and see how we do.

So we're down to Wharton Ayala and Phillips?

So essentially, we're down to Wharton and Phillips 

Genuinely what other centre back options do we have? We don't have any midfielders that we could repurpose for a couple of games do we? Unless Edun could do a shift there? 

Edited by RoverDom