BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

I'll admit Keenan is a beast but that doesn't always make you a 'footballer'. 

Bit of a flat track bully for me. Championship probably is his level though.

Looked hopeless in the Premier and definitely not a natural finisher as his stats prove.

41 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Sound familiar? 😉

Ha! I did think that whilst typing to be fair.

Although I think the number of games where Buckley had a positive effect was bigger than Khadra's, and his errors/anonymous games didn't tend to be as bad.

An interesting question might be how would we feel if Buckley was a prem youngster we got on loan, like Khadra was. How would we rate his contribution? I think the consensus would be that he needs to get greater consistency, but was probably on his way to an impressive top-flight career at some stage. Khadra, the jury is still out. Some fantastic elements to his game, but as @Tyrone Shoelaces has said, his flaws are harder to iron out than Buckley's. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Good player. Physical and quick. Exactly the player you'd want to lead the line. 

Unfortunately Villa want £15 mill so no way he comes here. 

£15m???  Good to know as he's not worth that and we can't afford it.

Bullet dodged...

7 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

I'll admit Keenan is a beast but that doesn't always make you a 'footballer'. 

Bit of a flat track bully for me. Championship probably is his level though.

Looked hopeless in the Premier and definitely not a natural finisher as his stats prove.

Well we are in the championship.  So he is at our level 

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Correct decision making at speed under pressure is what separates the average players from the top class ones. Khadra’s decision making wasn’t that of a top player. He got more wrong than he got right.

I remember watching New Zealand v Australia at Rugby League. Australia were losing by about 2 points with 10 seconds of the game to go. They mounted an attack were  about 6 players all handled the ball. Each player had to decide when and where to pass, which player to pass to. Pass inside or pass outside etc. This was all done at amazing speed and every player in the move got the critical decisions right. If any one of those players had made a mistake the move would have broken down. Result - a match winning try in the corner.

Completely agree. Wigan scored in in the last second to beat St Helens in a classic Good Friday game a while back in similar fashion. Separates the best from the also rans.

Back to football - there are however decent careers to be made from power and pace, even if they're missing the key bit between the ears. Josh King looked even worse for a spell when he was here, but getting slightly more clinical alongside being a physical freak took him a long way. Khadra's so quick that he might do the same. 

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

We are advertising for a 'First Team Athletic Performance Coach'. My first thought was, is that not what Ben Rosen does? But I guess it's an underling for him. Do we normally have two coaches dedicated to fitness?

I thought his title more replicates that of Johnson.

40 minutes ago, tomphil said:

A lot ?

No, just the minority he had were very noisy ones who camped on here night and day.

I can't believe we once had arguments on here  about Jason Lowe! he was so bad. So many games for us and all I can remember of him is him once heading the ball away from under the bar!

Oh--and he pointed a lot!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Well spotted...no flies on you.

Doesn't mean I have to want him at Rovers though does it?

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I can't take you seriously with a comment like that.

Keinan Davis the most impressive opposition player I saw at Ewood last season, absolutely bullied our defence, he’s still young the goals will come, he’d be a huge asset to any team in the championship this season, played a massive part in Forests promotion, you won’t find a Forest fan who doesn’t think he’s absolute class. 

• Like 6

Kienan Davis is exactly what we need. We haven’t had any strength up top since gestede was here. He could hold the ball up and bring others into play, offer a physical presence, he’s quick , can score . He’s dream land stuff . I’d fall off my chair with excitement if we bring in anyone close to the quality he would bring

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Kienan Davis is exactly what we need. We haven’t had any strength up top since gestede was here. He could hold the ball up and bring others into play, offer a physical presence, he’s quick , can score . He’s dream land stuff . I’d fall off my chair with excitement if we bring in anyone close to the quality he would bring

Yep, he can - 8 in 88 games to be precise.

9 minutes ago, 47er said:

I can't believe we once had arguments on here  about Jason Lowe! he was so bad. So many games for us and all I can remember of him is him once heading the ball away from under the bar!

If Bowyer had one major flaw here it was this but the club had got him on a contract where he was too expensive not to play i think.

Someone had convinced them there'd be a big sale fee involved at some point.

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

Some people just want to be in the "right" camp..it was definitely a thing and not a minority at all. I'll also state I was being extreme and would rate Buckley higher than Lowe.

I do remember he scored a peach against Boro maybe? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

Some people just want to be in the "right" camp..it was definitely a thing and not a minority at all. I'll also state I was being extreme and would rate Buckley higher than Lowe.

It was. Last minute winner at that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Batty, absolutely class. I'd be starting him personally.

Did he feature during the pre-season?

I'll be honest if he's anything like the rest of the ones we've seen he needs to be in the first team.

Pickering just isn't good enough for this formation.

7 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Do you not think you want to be in the "right camp " aswell? 

Not looking for an argument but you keep saying this and putting "Buckley fans" all in the same group.

Not seen it this season but multiple times last season when a match was going on the very minute Buckley missed a chance or misplaced a pass you would be on here calling him out for it and more or less saying "told you so" to all us "Buckley Fans"

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Been away from this thread for a while… some crazy stuff about Buckley!

Last season he went from “boy to man” and is now an absolutely integral part of the team. He will run plenty of games this season and will improve exponentially with age and experience.

The two outstanding ball playing midfielders I’ve seen at Rovers are Tugay and Cowans, but by the time we had both of them they were towards the back end of their careers. They relied on their brains a lot more than their legs and as such their superb passing ranges were more pronounced. I’m not making premature comparisons here, but it’s been a really common complaint for fans for YEARS that we’ve lacked a decent ball player in the midfield. “Not since Tugay” still gets trotted out.

I’m cynical about a lot of things Rovers, but bringing through a midfielder like Buckley certainly isn’t one of them. And we’ve got Adam Wharton coming through too, who by all accounts is a similar type of player. I’ve actually seen more personally of Harlock than Wharton, and he excites me too.

Berkovic was another one Duncan.

• Like 5