BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Buckley started off well last season and then when asked to be the main goal threat fell off a cliff form wise , he missed a few sitters and seemed to knock his confidence. I said that he needed to be playing deeper and was met with some nonsense from a few posters who said the reason we were winning was his pressing from the front and he had to stay there, totally wrong. 
but anyway can we keep opinions on our current squad to different threads as this is the transfer thread and I don’t come here to dissect our current squad , I come for transfer news. 

Davis would be a hell of a signing but I believe forest want him back so he will end up there 

love a Twitter rumour but I did see that apparently van heck’s q7 has been seen travelling northbound 

21 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Buckley started off well last season and then when asked to be the main goal threat fell off a cliff form wise , he missed a few sitters and seemed to knock his confidence. I said that he needed to be playing deeper and was met with some nonsense from a few posters who said the reason we were winning was his pressing from the front and he had to stay there, totally wrong. 
but anyway can we keep opinions on our current squad to different threads as this is the transfer thread and I don’t come here to dissect our current squad , I come for transfer news. 

Davis would be a hell of a signing but I believe forest want him back so he will end up there 

love a Twitter rumour but I did see that apparently van heck’s q7 has been seen travelling northbound 

He was never expected or asked to be our main goal threat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Can’t help but feel Harry Pickering is being scapegoated slightly, nowhere near as bad as some people make out.

It’s a tough one with him, I wouldn’t say he’s a bad player he’s just so slow and will definitely be exposed at times this season, but for a small fee from Crewe he was never going to be Roberto Carlos. I’m hoping we bring another left back in before the end of the window. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Berkovic definitely was yeah, but I would have him down as someone who operates in behind the strikers rather than a Tugay/Cowans who sat deep and dictated play from there.

Think we'll really see the best of Buckley playing deeper this season. 

Yes - like Tugay Buckley has got that quality where you give him the ball in virtually any situation and he will come out the other side retaining possession and then do something useful. With someone like that it's worth just giving them the ball as early as possible to set the team up so playing them deep makes sense.

Also what Buckley has got that Tugay didn't really is the ability to carry the ball 20-30 yards past players. He did that a couple of times against QPR, and as he fills out more I think that will do that more. You can see how much stronger he is compared to last season.

He will be player of the year. 

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He was never expected or asked to be our main goal threat.

Ahh yea the man who insisted buckley must stay up top haha, you got it wrong my friend, so very wrong. As I said you would at the time 
he was asked to be a goal threat and create by being the focal point up top, the number 9 , which wasn’t his game. 

11 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Ahh yea the man who insisted buckley must stay up top haha, you got it wrong my friend, so very wrong. As I said you would at the time 
he was asked to be a goal threat and create by being the focal point up top, the number 9 , which wasn’t his game. 

Mogadon put him RWB away at Huddersfield once RN went off 🙈

35 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I have a bad feeling that Burnley are going to go for Van Hecke

I don't think they will to be honest.

They already signed Egan and Bellis(,who Kompany knows and City will Want him playing) from City and have been talking to Metz over a 25 year old centre half .If they bring another centre half in which they may do I'd expect it to be someone older and more experienced than Van Hecke.

49 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Dack looks happy enough during the crossbar challenge!

Football -basically just pissing about for a living 😉

Not looking overly delighted to see Sammie though.

Disclaimer: by the way this is a joke obviously we have no idea what he thinks of the signing!

Untitled.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rock steady said:

Not looking overly delighted to see Sammie though.

Disclaimer: by the way this is a joke obviously we have no idea what he thinks of the signing!

Untitled.png

Dack trying to distract him from training by flashing his thigh. Naughty tactic Bradley

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, frosty said:

Don't think he made his debut until Big Sam left and he who shall not be named took over. 

You're right, not sure who I was thinking of, but there was definitely a shite player Allardyce persisted with to mass bemusement.

• Like 1

Ramdon input RE: Lowe.

Jason Lowe was better than Richie Smallwood, nothing will change my mind.

Interesting to see both are now Captains of L2 promotion hopeful clubs in Salford and Bradford.

Lowe has captained Rovers, Bolton and Salford and amassed 186 games in the CH (140+ here), and played 120 since dropping down since 2020.

Smallwood, whilst playing in 232 Championship games, with a near perfect injury history, managed only 32 for us, and many couldn't wait to see the back of him for Travis/Reed. Probably 25 games too many.

Smallwood has played 61 CH for Middlesbrough (as a young/squad option), 108 at a piss poor Rotherham (21st, 21st, 24th) and 42 at 19th placed promoted Hull last season.

Buckley is miles better than both.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Thought Johnson was something like First Team Technical Coach.

Surely Performance coach and technical coach can't be poles apart when it comes to the day to day stuff ?

Maybe they are expanding it or maybe slightly altering it in which case i'd keep a close eye on it they could ease a few out as time goes on.

Must be costing an absolute fortune now the backroom stuff.

6 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Ramdon input RE: Lowe.

Jason Lowe was better than Richie Smallwood, nothing will change my mind.

Interesting to see both are now Captains of L2 promotion hopeful clubs in Salford and Bradford.

Lowe has captained Rovers, Bolton and Salford and amassed 186 games in the CH (140+ here), and played 120 since dropping down since 2020.

Smallwood, whilst playing in 232 Championship games, with a near perfect injury history, managed only 32 for us, and many couldn't wait to see the back of him for Travis/Reed. Probably 25 games too many.

Smallwood has played 61 CH for Middlesbrough (as a young/squad option), 108 at a piss poor Rotherham (21st, 21st, 24th) and 42 at 19th placed promoted Hull last season.

Buckley is miles better than both.

Smallwood was absolutely woeful in the championship 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Regarding the JPVH rumours, could it perhaps have something to do with Brighton playing at Old Trafford on Saturday?

Possibly. However if he’s in the squad why would he not be on the team coach with the rest of the side? It’s common practice for teams to get a coach up the night before a game and stay in a hotel. If he’s not in the squad then he wouldn’t need to travel up on his own and be at the game. Who knows…