BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, Ricky said:

Think J*B needs to stop digging that hole now 😄 

Yeah i just replied when i first saw the post a few pages back. Read through now lol. 

Edited by JacknOry

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Very strange recruitment, they have gone for quite a lot of well known and British players, Tarkowski is a really good signing, not sure on Coady, McNeil was horrendous at Prem level last season and (obviously not British) but Gana Gueye was brilliant there first time but it was a long time ago.

Amidst all that, they are close to signing Onana who is apparently a really good, young midfielder for big money.

They still are horribly short in attack and the signing of Dele Alli is up there with the strangest you could find, no doubt a big earner, a player who could incur many more costs if he plays more games and just in general an unnecessary sideshow.

Everton are financially fooked

20 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I think he's right tbh.  

He'd be here by now if there had been any chance of a deal. 

It's not a lot different to Brereton really.

Both selling Clubs want top dollar, probably more than can be objectively justified with 12 months to go on the respective contracts.

Interested Clubs are playing poker trying to offer a lot less but how long can you wait before you start to panic or risk missing out altogether to someone who's prepared to bite the bullet and meet the asking price?

3 hours ago, OssyLad said:

Adam Catterall is a rovers fan who works for sky sports 

Adam Catterall is an old boy of St Bede's Blackburn.

He gave a superb motivational speech as  principal guest at the school Annual Presentations Night some years ago though it wasn't in the same league as the one delivered by Lorenzo Amoruso which was truly inspirational (though the link between our erstwhile Italian Colossus and the school was never explained).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's not a lot different to Brereton really.

Both selling Clubs want top dollar, probably more than can be objectively justified with 12 months to go on the respective contracts.

Interested Clubs are playing poker trying to offer a lot less but how long can you wait before you start to panic or risk missing out altogether to someone who's prepared to bite the bullet and meet the asking price?

I think Brighton can hold out a lot longer than us!

Many clubs will have interest but not at our asking price. Longer this carries on the more likely we lose him for nothing. Something has to give.

Either give him a fat contract or sell to the highest bidder. We cannot lose another player for nothing. Especially one we spunked 7 mil on. 

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Many clubs will have interest but not at our asking price. Longer this carries on the more likely we lose him for nothing. Something has to give.

Either give him a fat contract or sell to the highest bidder. We cannot lose another player for nothing. Especially one we spunked 7 mil on. 

If we held onto him until January and were 2nd in the table (again) though, surely it'd be worth keeping him and risk losing him for nothing in pursuit of the ultimate prize?

For me it's actually a no brainer we keep him until January and see where we are. If we're not likely to go up or down then sell. There'll be a lot of desperate Clubs by then and I can't see any situation in which we don't at least get money back.

• Like 3

I am not totally convinced by the notion that we are even seriously interested in Van Hecke.

We obviously have a new manager who will presumably have his own ideas and assuming that there was any truth in the Ahmedhodzic and Davies rumours, then Van Hecke clearly was at best not his first choice for that position.

Not saying we aren't interested either but it seems a case of adding 2 and 2 and I am unsure whether people have got 4 or 5.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If we held onto him until January and were 2nd in the table (again) though, surely it'd be worth keeping him and risk losing him for nothing in pursuit of the ultimate prize?

For me it's actually a no brainer we keep him until January and see where we are. If we're not likely to go up or down then sell. There'll be a lot of desperate Clubs by then and I can't see any situation in which we don't at least get money back.

He could sign a pre-contractual agreement with a foreign club from January.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They may get itchy but even if they do they will know that we are between a rock and a hard place.

20m is nowt to these guys. 

I understand the contract situation but is he any worse than Callum Wilson?

Ollie Watkins went for 30+

Teams desperate for goals will be very keen.

Edited by S8 & Blue

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They may get itchy but even if they do they will know that we are between a rock and a hard place.

This is Venkys.

The same ones who sold Arna for 20 million with the same length as BB. The same ones who refused to sell Rothwell for 3 million and let him leave on a free.

either we get the amount we want (I don’t know how much that is but will guess at 15 mill) or BB stays in my opinion.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Exactly what happened last season if you recall, then he got injured and spent his time on planes between London and Chile. 

We are not going up this season, sell him now or give him a new contract, simple as that for me. 

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s past his best,hence wolves have let him go to a rival,everton really are a basket case imo

Only 29 years old and someone that fits the centre of back 3 that Everton play under Lampard

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not totally convinced by the notion that we are even seriously interested in Van Hecke.

We obviously have a new manager who will presumably have his own ideas and assuming that there was any truth in the Ahmedhodzic and Davies rumours, then Van Hecke clearly was at best not his first choice for that position.

Not saying we aren't interested either but it seems a case of adding 2 and 2 and I am unsure whether people have got 4 or 5.

Why wouldnt we be interest in Van Hecke? Solid defender and ball playing centre back which would JDT style. Given he watched alot of last season games he would have seen how good he was for us. 

1 minute ago, Gav said:

We are not going up this season, sell him now or give him a new contract, simple as that for me. 

With a couple of shrewd additions there is absolutely no reason why we couldn’t go up this season Gav. This is a bang average league.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Very strange recruitment, they have gone for quite a lot of well known and British players, Tarkowski is a really good signing, not sure on Coady, McNeil was horrendous at Prem level last season and (obviously not British) but Gana Gueye was brilliant there first time but it was a long time ago.

Amidst all that, they are close to signing Onana who is apparently a really good, young midfielder for big money.

They still are horribly short in attack and the signing of Dele Alli is up there with the strangest you could find, no doubt a big earner, a player who could incur many more costs if he plays more games and just in general an unnecessary sideshow.

English not British 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Only 29 years old and someone that fits the centre of back 3 that Everton play under Lampard

Why wouldnt we be interest in Van Hecke? Solid defender and ball playing centre back which would JDT style. Given he watched alot of last season games he would have seen how good he was for us. 

Just because he is a good player doesnt mean that it is a fair assumption that he is a primary target of ours. He may well be but as I said, seemingly was never first choice if there was truth in the rumours of the 2 other defenders that we tried to sign.

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

English not British 

Both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Lampard has as much football knowledge outside of the top half PL as the average MOTD presenter.

He’s signed them because he’s heard of them.

• Like 4