BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, phili said:

Norwich generated the cash though. Just after Farke was appointed they were on the verge of administration and they have had to trade their way to this position through their Academy. They only had the cash to go straight back up as they didn't spend on their first season back and developed their youngsters unlike when they were promoted under Lambert.

Remember Deliah is not rolling in it, Stuart Webbe has been very smart as their DOF and built the club and their cash pile slowly.

Fulham I do agree with.

Norwich are a yo-yo club who have invested well, bought well, selected managers well and retained players on big wages when needed.

They’ve had 6 seasons in Premiership whilst Venkys have been ripping the heart out of our club, that money has been put to good use in East Anglia, but pissed away in Pune.

For me, it’s no comparison, but Norwich are a club we should be looking to emulate.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Ideally I'd like another CM, but funds are clearly tight and we're desperate for another attacking option, a LB and a CB - not to mention a backup RB. 

I assume Edun is pencilled in as cover at LB and CM.

I watched the Watford v WBA game yesterday and we can simply give up on any promotion dreams - their squads are far deeper than ours, we simply can't compete. 

Are funds clearly tight? All I have heard is we have a "healthy budget."

• Like 2

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

We must have a CB or 2 lined up as my chelsea supporting mate says we have backed out of ampadu loan 

He was adamant we had agreed a deal for him on loan

Chelsea?

Could it be a roundabout link to interest in JPvH?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Yeah the Chelsea player Ethan ampadu,  I know nothing about him, other then my Chelsea supporting friend was adamant we were loaning him but has now said we have backed out 

He's highly rated and tipped to be a future star - would have been a very good move for us, if legit.

However, if we've pulled out, it should mean that we've identified a better option...

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

People need to calm down on jpvh, there has been absolutely nothing to say we have a chance of signing him, some fans are looking like a needy ex here, nothing to see, move on 

It just hurts when you catch feelings for a loan player 😭😭😭💙🤍💙🤍

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

People need to calm down on jpvh, there has been absolutely nothing to say we have a chance of signing him, some fans are looking like a needy ex here, nothing to see, move on 

it would mean we really mean business,jpvh,a left back and another centre forward would put us up there in the promotion stakes,i agree though,it`s unlikely jpvh ends up back here😪

• Like 2

I know people love a rumour to talk about but the 3 signings we’ve made have been pretty much, story, signing within a couple of days. Brittain was a story and announced in 24 hours, Morton the same except Liverpool kept him an extra week to play a friendly. The only one that was out there a bit longer before was smzodics and that’s because Peterborough owner and DOF went very public which is what they do. Probably why GB didn’t thank them like he did with Barnsley and Liverpool.

less to talk about on here but I would imagine it will be a similar story, rumour to announced very quickly whenever that is.

• Like 1

Ampadu - blimey. Made his senior debut at 15 years old for Exeter, played for Chelsea's first team at 17. Played 25 PL games, 29 Seria A, and also played in the Bundesliga, capped 36 times for Wales and is still only 21. 

if we pulled out of that - we must have a perm lined up as cannot really think of any better CB loans.

• Like 9

Ampadu will no doubt be on loan somewhere this season, I'd welcome him but personally I'd like to add a bit more experience which would likely be a permanent signing. Honestly you notice such a difference with Ayala at the back,  but we know he's likely to miss a portion of games through injury.

We've a tough run coming up;

14/08/2022 WBA (H)
17/08/2022 Reading (A)
20/08/2022 Sheffield United (A)

3 games in 6 days, 2 of which will be very challenging. A senior CB in the next 72 hours is a must, I have doubts that Ayala can get through all of those games unscathed.

We need someone to take his spot for that Reading game. If he takes a knock we're absolutely goosed.

JDT stated the urgency for players in his recent interview, and says Gregg is working extremely hard at it - let's hope we see a new sticker soon!

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 4

The one benefit of our recent good form is a couple of early defeats and we're suddenly a much less attractive proposition and are in danger of entering 'panic buy' territory. Whilst we definitely need a few more players, we have at least demonstrated our starting XI is strong. If I was a player eyeing a late deadline day move, I'd be much more likely to consider Rovers than if we were on 0 points or if there were already murmurs of discontent (like Swansea).

My priority would be another CB or two, maybe even another RB (unless JDT has confidence in JRC to deputise) and another body up top, especially if Diaz goes (which I don't think he will now). We seem to have a strategy so confident we'll recruit well, and encouraged by the business so far.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Obvious quality, yet spends season after season loaned out without a chance of getting a game for his parent club.

Everything that’s wrong with the ‘Big 6’s’ stranglehold on the modern game.

Agreed on this. I watch Wales regularly and there's obviously a very good player in there. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Feel sorry for you 

Wales aren't too bad! Great atmosphere there too - 90 minutes of non-stop singing and not bad to watch Bale in the flesh. Obviously they aren't Brazil but after some of the dross Rovers have subjected me to in the last few years it's usually a welcome step up 😂

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Ampadu - blimey. Made his senior debut at 15 years old for Exeter, played for Chelsea's first team at 17. Played 25 PL games, 29 Seria A, and also played in the Bundesliga, capped 36 times for Wales and is still only 21. 

if we pulled out of that - we must have a perm lined up as cannot really think of any better CB loans.

Or they've tried to insert a clause into the loan that says he must start when fit.