BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It was just a joke.

And anyway, my bible is 'Blackburn Rovers: The Complete Record' 😉

There are a few years after 2011 you might want to take out of that record. Essentially all hellfire and brimstone.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It was just a joke.

And anyway, my bible is 'Blackburn Rovers: The Complete Record' 😉

The twelve tribes of Israel wandered in the wilderness for 40 years I hope we don’t follow suit as I’ll be pushing up the daisies. After the last three years of Mowbray’s reign it’s good to feel we are on the right path to the promised land.

• Like 4

Like all that JDT says. Centre back we are guaranteed to lose Ayala. Plus losses from last season there and it's vital we get someone in. So it is first priority. 

What I like too is he acknowledges we need strengthening all over. Once again we have one recognised RB. No proper cover for Travis. A bit too dependant on Bereton up top so plenty of work to do. 

Venkys should be backing him though given his fantastic start. They should realise it's their best opportunity to get back in the prem. Whether they will or not is a different question. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Galgaterover10 said:

The exact quote is “hopefully, we are close” I really wouldn’t read anything into this I think it’s just JDT saying he hopes they add soon 

I think he may have said similar before the previous signings. I'm an optimist now JDT is in the house.

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I wonder if last night will persuade Phillips to sign a contract with us ? Amazing MOM in his outing - not that he had much to do until the last minute.

Or it may have the opposite effect as clubs watching will up their interest.....JDT needs to charm rhe lad

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Nixon on Sepp van den Berg;

image.png.a0212d1d9a87c14ca96247db15717edd.png

image.png.c5e07de9c17beff1c84f3a349ab7cf20.png

I bet we could offer him more game-time, not completely off the cards.

Might also be beneficial to Liverpool that we also have Morton here? They’d be able to play together and create an understanding? Still feels like we’d be getting the second choice Van though 🥺

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Might also be beneficial to Liverpool that we also have Morton here? They’d be able to play together and create an understanding? Still feels like we’d be getting the second choice Van though 🥺

Aye good shout!

True, there's only one 'van' that we all really want... but if that's not possible (which it starting to seem the case) then i'd take SVDB for sure, nobbers would be furious too so that'd be a nice bonus!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I wonder if last night will persuade Phillips to sign a contract with us ? Amazing MOM in his outing - not that he had much to do until the last minute.

Let’s be honest, he didn’t deserve the MOTM. He didn’t have anything to do. A.Wharton deserved it. 

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

Loan cover with Wharton and Ayala as the starters is fine with me. 

Ayala will get injured eventually so you'll start plenty.

• Like 2

Williams and Tuanzebe are both on circa 50K a week at Man Utd, Jones on  over 100K/week.  All well out of our price range unless Man Utd decide they are better off footing most of their wages for the season.

Laird (right back who can play left back) and Mengi (centre back) both have much more affordable wages for a loan

Although Jones is out of contract at the end of the season and he wont get anything like the same in terms of wages when he moves. So maybe then he might fancy returning home at a level which is within our wage structure?