BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Players hammering home the message that we don't with the result !

In fairness we played a league 2 side. At times we wasn't great and somtimes the players were not good enough at present to play the pass and move play JDT wanted to implement. Overall good result and decent performance but no way championship quality. A few need a year or two out on loan in league 1 ideally.

Edited by Kcaj93
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JamieUK said:

Given Matt Clarke had won three player of the year awards in succession, was obviously out of favour at Brighton and a good age at 25 years old I can't help thinking we've messed up an opportunity to bring in someone who undoubtedly would have improved the side. Especially at that fee. Should've been in for him weeks ago.

Mentioned him a few weeks back. Good buy at that price. Would have been good for us. Shouldn't have stopped us going for Van Hecke either because we need 2. Once again we wait...

2 hours ago, Kcaj93 said:

In fairness we played a league 2 side. At times we wasn't great and somtimes the players were not good enough at present to play the pass and move play JDT wanted to implement. Overall good result and decent performance but no way championship quality. A few need a year or two out on loan in league 1 ideally.

You might want to look at Bradford City fans forums, they see it very differently. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Players hammering home the message that we don't with the result !

Let's not get carried away here! Yes; they were an inexperienced team which has beaten what at the moment is a League Two mid-table team in a game which, hands on hearts, very few of us expected us to win.

But, at present, that's all Bradford City are; halfway up the old Division Four.

Hopefully, by the time we play in the third round of the League Cup, Greg will have got us a bigger, more experienced squad than JDT was able to put out last night and some of those lads will be on the bench hoping to come on. Others may be on loan to develop their experience elsewhere. And in a kitchen somewhere on Teesside, a 59-year-old former football manager will drop his slice of lemon drizzle cake in surprise at how far we've got in this season’s League Cup!

• Like 3

On 06/08/2022 at 23:40, AJW said:

That’s 25% of our goal tally .. come end of season that would be classed as prolific wouldn’t it 

I mentioned Louis Sibley at the start of this transfer thread. Didn’t he score a hat-trick against us? Was at the game. We lost 3-0 or something. Tidy player.

1 hour ago, Swanson said:

Marius Lode got his work permit application rejected yesterday (no surprise). We were the club in the Championship with the offer, heard this from two different reporters.

Anyway, won't happen now.

See, I dont really understand this. I know JDT and GB are trying to bring in players they know are good professionals and who could do a job for us from clubs they have managed, but why have we wasted time on this when it was clear from the off he would not get a permit? Has this slowed down recruitment of other options while we wait for applications that most of us already knew he would not get?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swanson said:

Marius Lode got his work permit application rejected yesterday (no surprise). We were the club in the Championship with the offer, heard this from two different reporters.

Anyway, won't happen now.

Surely if this is the case, it would always be rejected initially as the criteria isn't met and they believe they can get it through on appeal?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Whether or not we got Marius Lode. One thing is for sure. We are doing our business very quietly. 

Or very badly if we are pinning hopes on a guy that we all knew would fail a work permit!

Given that we never seem to get deals done at a weekend and have a league match next weds, is our cricket analogy now 6 runs from the last over?

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Or very badly if we are pinning hopes on a guy that we all knew would fail a work permit!

Given that we never seem to get deals done at a weekend and have a league match next weds, is our cricket analogy now 6 runs from the last over?

I see how you've come to the '6 runs from the last over' analogy, however I think in reality looking at the entirety of our situation we need 36 runs from the final ball of the over and then the owners to sell the franchise. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, alexanders said:

One thing is for sure. We are doing our business very quietly. 

Well it's either that or we just aren't doing any business.

Based on the last 5 years I'll guess its the second and we are struggling to get anything done with a dysfunctional club sticking to a wage structure that prevents us competing for decent players.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Well it's either that or we just aren't doing any business.

Based on the last 5 years I'll guess its the second and we are struggling to get anything done with a dysfunctional club sticking to a wage structure that prevents us competing for decent players.

That's our owners 😭😭😭

• Like 1

• Backroom

Work permit plus appeals process, surely means we've been trying to land Lode for 3 weeks or so?

As long as we've not ONLY been working on Lode, it does show we're busy and VERY good at keeping it under wraps.

Would I be right in thinking that we shouldn't actually be looking at the September 1st transfer window deadline, because we rarely buy players these days anyway? 

We usually do our business in the loan market, feeding of the scraps and that doesn't close until later in the season?

Edited by Gav

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Would I be right in thinking that we shouldn't actually be looking at the September 1st transfer window deadline, because we rarely buy players these days anyway? 

We usually do our business in the loan market, feeding of the scraps and that doesn't close until later in the season?

Loan market closes when the transfer market does. 

Can only sign free transfers after the deadline, providing you have space in your 25 man squad, which obviously won’t be a problem for us 🥴

9 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Work permit plus appeals process, surely means we've been trying to land Lode for 3 weeks or so?

As long as we've not ONLY been working on Lode, it does show we're busy and VERY good at keeping it under wraps.

I think Lode was released from Schalke around august 16th. But we could have been in talks before that.