BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

What an absolute shambles of a transfer window, do these owners call this ‘supporting the new manager’?

Its embarrassing, we are now desperate and I’ll wager JDT probably won’t see this season out as manager of Blackburn Rovers. 

Venkys out.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, nbdelboy said:

putting words in my mouth.

i think we'll get two in. if one is hyam, then i think we'll keep pursuing van hecke til we're forced to default to an alternative option. can very much understand why hyam would replace van den berg in the wanted list.

I can see the logic there. However, the likelihood of us signing 2 permanent CBs seems unrealistic to me.   Especially 2 who will cost upwards of £6 million.  We have holes all over the squad.  I would guess that if Hyatt does sign, he will be the only permanent deal at centre back.  Out of the options mentioned to date, that would be the poorest solution in my opinion.  

If the fee for Hyatt was a lot lower, I'd be more comfortable with it.  Feels like a Paul Downing option. 

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Because doubts are raised as to a potential signing of a Coventry signing as clearly 4th or 5th choice (Anel, Davies, Van Hecke, Van Den Berg) signing, you have come to the above conclusion?

Whoa calm down. 

Anel didn't want us 

Ben Davies didn't want us

Van Hecke was by us, and we don't know what Brighton wants to do with him. 

SVDB would probably have been here, but for Liverpool's defensive issues 

Right now the club can't wait on Brighton or Liverpool, because time is running out here. We need to bring in players, and the longer we wait, the worse it becomes for us..

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I can see the logic there. However, the likelihood of us signing 2 permanent CBs seems unrealistic to me.   Especially 2 who will cost upwards of £6 million.  We have holes all over the squad.  I would guess that if Hyatt does sign, he will be the only permanent deal at centre back.  Out of the options mentioned to date, that would be the poorest solution in my opinion.  

If the fee for Hyatt was a lot lower, I'd be more comfortable with it.  Feels like a Paul Downing option. 

Who is Hyatt? 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Hopefully we get this lad over the line.

We need some excitement in midfield or upfront…We literally have no pace up there. 

Miss the pace of Rothwell…He would blossomed well under JDT. Took Mowbray 2 seasons to realise he was half decent. 

Yeah agree here. Some pace upfront is definitely required. We lack creativity in the side as well.

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

simple matter of fact is we need to sell diaz,there should be plenty in the pot then to bring in the players that jdt wants

Didn’t work out that well selling Armstrong, I’m not sure it would now selling Diaz.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

simple matter of fact is we need to sell diaz,there should be plenty in the pot then to bring in the players that jdt wants

I strongly disagree; in addition to the existing holes in the squad we'd then need another two decent strikers on top imo.

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s more than likely going to leave for zilch next season,gotta cash in imo,unless he wants to stay and sign a new deal(unlikely)

Apart from leaving us absolutely goosed, that scenario also depends on him being happy to leave now.

I'm not saying this is actually the scenario with BBD but hypothetically - if you could sign for team X now on £30k p.w.or wait until summer and get a £2m signing on fee and £50k p.w. -  what would you do?

Somebody within the club (can’t remember who) has advised that we have a contingency in place to replace BBD.

Plenty of time left in the window, let’s see if they’re as good as their word…

3 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Is that a reputable source, or is it another spotty youth operating from a laptop in his bedroom pretending to be itk?

If there's any truth in it it's getting close to the £20m the V's supposedly wanted. Last week they were only offering £12.5m apparently. Sounds like they're getting desperate so we should be able to get a few more million out of them if BBD is willing to go.

• Like 1