BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

get some more players in and i really do think jdt will go to playing three at the back with brittain and pickering(who had a decent game today) as wing backs,it should bring more balance and productivity in the attacking side,he must know it`s not really working at the moment

Pickering wasn't great today, he did a few things right but a lot wrong. Ayala had to keep covering for him.

Edited by booth
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

there was an instance in the 1st half when stoke played a long ball towards their left winger and jrc got on the wrong side of their player in an attempt to mark him and conceded a foul in a dangerous area,thats the simple stuff you learn as a kid,get goalside of your man,he could`nt even manage that,nothing against jrc but he`s a semi pro standard player in a professional league

The one where Clarke dived and JRC was booked?

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

wrong. We are bring 6 in maybe 7 and bringing in a number of young players through. 

Cos that Neil has told them

blimey, some people like you aren't willing to allow both some time and patience. 

JDT will come good and move this club into the right direction and plenty of fans can see this but you still obsess with Allardyce and boring tactics. 

Have you found the tactics this season to be exciting?

15 minutes ago, Andy said:

I remember JRC being highly regarded as an attacking midfielder at the Academy and he was on United's books before he came to us.

He's found himself being played at fullback when it's clearly not a position he has much talent for.

I'm sure he's trying to help and accommodate what his managers have asked of him by playing there, but I can't imagine that Pike wouldn't be several shades better, in Brittain's absence.

I don't like to overly criticise our own players, as it's nothing but counter-productive, but today he was beyond awful. Honestly think I'd have done a better job there and I haven't played regular RB since my Roman Road U14 days (which were a looooonnnng time - and several stone - ago).

I dont see what he would offer even in an attacking role. He is slow, weak and technically poor.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

blimey, some people like you aren't willing to allow both some time and patience. 

JDT will come good and move this club into the right direction and plenty of fans can see this but you still obsess with Allardyce and boring tactics. 

Chaddy, whilst I too think - if properly backed - JDT will come good we can't say for certain that he will come good. It's not a statement we can definitively say! That's not a given or a certainty. Especially if he isn't backed - which is my fear, given how slow deals have been done - he may not come good. And i do worry he won't be supported. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Have you found the tactics this season to be exciting?

Like I said several times this is work in progress, JDT has said this is project here and maybe some fans haven't understand this 

I thought we played very well second half today, The QPR game you could see what he wants the front 4 to do and how he was to play. Swansea game we different way to hit them on the counter which meant we won the game 3 nil. 

Far too many Rovers fans are still obsess with Allardyce and his tactics like he is messiah here. one Rovers fan today where still obsessing about Mowbray before the game like he was messiah here

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said several times this is work in progress, JDT has said this is project here and maybe some fans haven't understand this 

I thought we played very well second half today, The QPR game you could see what he wants the front 4 to do and how he was to play. Swansea game we different way to hit them on the counter which meant we won the game 3 nil. 

Far too many Rovers fans are still obsess with Allardyce and his tactics like he is messiah here. one Rovers fan today where still obsessing about Mowbray before the game like he was messiah here

I understand the fact that it isnt overnight but its not really relevant to the question I asked.

1 hour ago, OsloRover said:

Harsh. The Norwegian league might not be all that but the work done at Bodø/Glimt is not far short of a miracle. If they played Rovers they would absolutely murder us.

My wording came across as disrespectful, it wasn't meant to be, poor word choice from me.

Sadly the chance of that being tested by Rovers meeting Bodø/Glimt in a competitive game anytime soon are zero. Rovers will never qualify for European competition under our current ownership.

However I personally think Rovers would win over a home and away tie.

I like the Bodø/Glimt story but I do not believe in Broughton's competency to be a successful DoF in the Championship, but will be delighted to be proven wrong.

Journeys and Projects are simply well used methods of kicking the can down the road to prolong employment chances.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I wish they'd added it to season ticket literature that there was no intention or ambition to get promoted this season. Maybe they could explain why thousands of us are paying top end prices if there is no ambition to go up from a crap league that is wide open.

It never has been, or will be the ambition. 

I do feel sorry for JRC. 

Yes, he is slower than climate change, but he's clearly trying to do his best for the team by playing where asked, but it is to his detriment. He's also had a few injury shockers which can't have helped physically or psychologically.

He needs to (re) decide what his favoured position is, and ask to go to L1 to play there for the remainder of the season. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, neophox said:

Djed Spence could be allowed to go out on loan.... was on loan to Nottingham last season and did well.

Don’t half talk some nonsense at times Neo mate, there’s no chance in hell we’d get him on loan. 

• Like 5