BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't get why it fanciful at all if budgets allow and we sell BBD. 

We will sign BBD replacement. 

We wanted Maja but he failed his medical on the last hours of the window so we missed out on him. That was Armstrong's replacement and Mowbray first choice target we wanted all summer to replace him with

I am very good thanks Mercer. Just been watching Top Gun Maverick with the missus so completely and utter missed this signing announcement. Delighted with this signing

Tomasson was not for even suggesting there is a chance of above 3, unless he was fibbing. Coupled with the LT saying 2 x CBs and a loan attacker.

Potentially a 4th centre back on loan, Brown loaned out and no more central midfielders. Lots of decisions made against your own personal preferences.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Tomasson was not for even suggesting there is a chance of above 3, unless he was fibbing. Coupled with the LT saying 2 x CBs and a loan attacker.

But that doesn't take in count replacing BBD which you have overlook here. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Potentially a 4th centre back on loan, Brown loaned out and no more central midfielders. Lots of decisions made against your own personal preferences.

I didn't realise I was working for Blackburn Rovers now and been appoint as our Director of Football now. 

Maybe we should have kept Brown and loan JRC like I said we should have done. 

Adam Wharton proved he more than good enough for a squad place. 

SVDB can play right back so gives us a back up player there at Right back. Loan JRC out. 

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Tomasson may have been referring to 3 permanent signings and ignoring any loan signings. Should be an interesting last week of the transfer window. 

Edited by phili
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

All well and good fleshing the squad out with defenders but the name of the game is putting the ball in the net. There's no goals in this side, it's a big worry.

👍

I keep saying it, but we need a central striker/front man.

• Like 2

I was happy with the Hyam signing, until I read all the Coventry fans saying he was apparently forced to move because the club wanted the money. Hopefully being forced to move against his will (allegedly) doesn't impair his game.

Have to say, a 3 year deal with no mention of an option, and his expressionless mug on the signing photo, it's not filling me with confidence that he particularly wanted to be here. As I say, hopefully if true it ends up making no difference.

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I was happy with the Hyam signing, until I read all the Coventry fans saying he was apparently forced to move because the club wanted the money. Hopefully being forced to move against his will (allegedly) doesn't impair his game.

Have to say, a 3 year deal with no mention of an option, and his expressionless mug on the signing photo, it's not filling me with confidence that he particularly wanted to be here. As I say, hopefully if true it ends up making no difference.

They're just saying that as they have delusions of grandeur and can't believe someone would want to leave them for us.

43 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

They're just saying that as they have delusions of grandeur and can't believe someone would want to leave them for us.

Not sure about that. Some of the comments saying it have wished him and us luck. And too many saying it. It's clearly what is rumoured on the Cov side. Whether true or not is of course another matter.

Striker and someone decent wide right would be the priorities for me now and that's if Brereton stays.

Can't for the life of me understand why people are clamouring for him to be replaced by someone worse. If he stays and we get 2-3 more good additions then that's then edging at the last minute towards a lot better window than has looked likely all summer.

If he goes and I'd replaced with someone vastly inferior it'll be a disaster imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

If Old Tone takes over Sunderland then the very least he can do is bid 3 million for Gallagher and take his wages off our books.

He owes us that much after last seasons debacle after Christmas.

I'd say 5 million, that's what he thinks he is worth after all. Plus inflation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Not sure about that. Some of the comments saying it have wished him and us luck. And too many saying it. It's clearly what is rumoured on the Cov side. Whether true or not is of course another matter.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/august/28/dom-s-deal-delight-/

Suppose he wouldn't really say anything else but sounds positive enough about the move according to this 

7 hours ago, JoeH said:

Scott Wharton, Sepp van den Berg, Daniel Ayala, Dominic Hyam, Hayden Carter and Ashley Phillips is probably the most solid of a central defensive pack we've had since relegation from the Premier League - overall. Allows us to play a 3 or a 4. Shame Van Hecke couldn't happen but we've absolutely addressed a major issue this window.

If we can't address the forward issue til Jan, so be it, but a solid £6.5m+ has been spent this window, which is definitely a step in the right direction based on previous years.

Seems a pretty solid set of defenders who should let us play a three or a four at the back. Also pretty balanced with Wharton, Hyam and Carter all play left side and Ayala, Sepp and Phillips play right side. Not having a left sided centreback last few games has hurt us.

Still think surely we will get a big lad up top in? And a left back / wing back?

Looking at hirsts goals from last year, a lot of identical ones where wingers went down the line and either cut back for him with a loss cross into the box or a high one, a style we do not play at all, so I’m a bit concerned with that one, I’d suggest we need a more dynamic striker to carry the ball, bit of speed to play the line and can shift the ball and strike. Lot to ask but a young Micheal Owen type is what I see us needing so I’m hoping the hirst talk is one of a few options 

https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/y4eyRE/opplysninger-til-vg-bodoe-glimt-forsoeker-aa-hente-tilbake-gamle-helter

I know that Lode is not happening now, but this article says that if he had been in one matchday squad for Schalke, Rovers could have applied for a dispensation for Lode's work permit.

Just tought it was worth mentioning.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Looking at hirsts goals from last year, a lot of identical ones where wingers went down the line and either cut back for him with a loss cross into the box or a high one, a style we do not play at all, so I’m a bit concerned with that one, I’d suggest we need a more dynamic striker to carry the ball, bit of speed to play the line and can shift the ball and strike. Lot to ask but a young Micheal Owen type is what I see us needing so I’m hoping the hirst talk is one of a few options 

liked that he scored quite a few headers... That's basically what we need. That said highlight videos mean so little as they have no context....

Had a look on the Pompey fan forums, seems they like him and are gutted he's leaving. But also not really sure he's Championship level. Feels like if we get Hirst he's not going to necessarily start, and just be a different option on the bench. Not sure that's what we need - we need someone who is the obvious number 9 and plays week in week out.

Haven't had that since Graham left.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Andy said:

I wonder if we could tempt Rhodes to come back for a season or two - he's probably a bit slower than he was, but he'll never lose that striker's instinct.

I'd put money on him bagging both of those 2nd half chances that Dolan overthought on Saturday.

I would say Dack could do the same job....strikers instict... both quite slow...

Welcome Dom and hopefully Sepp will arrive before thursday! Long time ago we signed a player on a sunday.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Spot on.

We need an experienced warrior in there.  Travis isn't that and never will be though with help, could become a very good Championship midfielder - to me he's a lot more in his locker than he shows and has room for development.

Anders Christiansen at Malmoe or Jo Inge Berget? Surely there will be some Malmö player coming? Birmancevic is the one to hope for.