BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

13 minutes ago, Kcaj93 said:

Mystical nixon now reporting German clubs are after van den berg. If true had a feeling this would happen late on. I do think we should bin this off now and focus on other areas to strengthen. Then possibly a last minute deal for van hecke.

He would fly him there himself, if it meant he was right

• Like 6

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

It's annoying that we have been desperate for a new centre half and it appears that the Hyam deal has been in the offing for some time. Stuck in an in tray somewhere in Pune perhaps?

I actually thought the opposite to be fair, no-one even knew this deal was in the offing until Thursday evening was it? Completed by Sunday evening. A far cry from previous windows and if philli is to be believed a lot quicker even than the decision time for the Brittain deal.

Perhaps the carrier pigeon winging his way wearily to and  from Pune has been given his own private jet!

🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I actually thought the opposite to be fair, no-one even knew this deal was in the offing until Thursday evening was it? Completed by Sunday evening. A far cry from previous windows and if philli is to be believed a lot quicker even than the decision time for the Brittain deal.

Perhaps the carrier pigeon winging his way wearily to and  from Pune has been given his own private jet!

🙂

In fairness I complimented Rovers on the veil of secrecy on this deal, as it should be on all deals. I misinterpreted Broughtons comments that we bid for him in June.

It does feel that there may be plans for transfers, and things are kept secret, which feels weird. For so long we've been completely inactive and complacent, and the lack of news is an indication of impending disappointment once the window shuts. For a long time, the best we could have hoped for was a loan of some kid from a Premier League club who may be good, or awful. And usually in a position we don't really need.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Gregg Broughton: “Our initial approach to Coventry City in July was met with a clear message that he was not for sale, however when it became apparent this week that their stance had changed, we had no hesitation in making Dom our third permanent signing of this window."

Says three things:

We have our finger on the button re: developments.

We know what we want.

We're acting fast.

• Like 7

A potential last minute move to Schalke for Van Den Berg would be a huge blow because he is a very good player and would have played games in 2 different positions. Always the risk with waiting for a loanee so late into the window.

It is really important that we have an alternative in mind who can also play comfortably at right back.

Tomasson said up to 3 in his press conference, that was taken as a minimum by many who have continued to suggest 4, 5 and 6 including the likes of Birmancevic, Bowler and Styles in big money signings, my fear was always that a deal could fall through and leave us with not enough time to do something else. The 4 we have plus a loanee attacker would leave us very, very short.

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

Bowler is not being coveted by Forest they have a fully stacked 25 man squad with the two incomings today 

Not that it has any relevance because he won't be coming here either way. But have you factored in Alex Mighten leaving to join Sheffield Wednesday on loan today? And you don't have to register everyone that you have, they have players like Cafu and Lyle Taylor who I suspect will be registered at the moment that could be left out with little impact.

37 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

Nixon : Schalke huge chance, decision down to player 

RE Sepp Van Den Berg

Bundesliga or Championship?

If Nicko is correct then I know what Liverpool and player would prefer.

Personally not bothered about SVDB. Would be nice to have him as he is a quality player but I also believe Carter is ready for the championship and would like to see him get his chance. 

My hopes for the rest of window would be:

Out: Diaz (15m), Butterworth (loan/perm)

In: Birkimevic (5m), Styles (2m), bowler (3m)

• Like 6

I haven't actually heard any whispers about us ever being interested in Bowler whereas I think we've always been very interested in Styles.

What was the reason Glen gave for any potential deal being held up a while back. Was it something to do with add ons?

• Like 1

Just now, TruRover said:

Personally not bothered about SVDB. Would be nice to have him as he is a quality player but I also believe Carter is ready for the championship and would like to see him get his chance. 

Why would anyone hope BBD goes?

Baffling.

I'm praying we get through 4 more days and he's still here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A team has bid £7.5m for Emil Riis. Would make sense for us to sell Brereton for basically double that and go and get Riis, but I suspect that would not happen under these owners.

Just seen that and automatically thought it could be us if BBD goes. Got a feeling it’s Middlesbrough. 

2 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I suspect that you will be disappointed on all of those ins unfortunately, but why does this dream window leave us with only Gallagher and Vale as strikers?

Just now, Tormund said:

Just seen that and automatically thought it could be us if BBD goes. Got a feeling it’s Middlesbrough. 

Yeah I think it will be, they have had an interest throughout the summer.

Under Venkys we never seem to sell an asset, reinvest some and then go again. Brentford model my arse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah I think it will be, they have had an interest throughout the summer.

Under Venkys we never seem to sell an asset, reinvest some and then go again. Brentford model my arse.

I’d like him here too, big CF and can finish and is Danish!

Edited by Tormund