BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

36 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Wonder if we will see any late bids from Sunderland now? It’s not just Mowbray but also Stuart Harvey and a fair chunk of his old team too.

Wouldn't be surprised if they tried for Dack. 

Computer says no.

He can have Pears, Edun, Pickering, JRC and Gallagher as part of a package deal though.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I hope he told Sunderland he'd have to do the school run every morning and how tired he gets every Jan/Feb (when in a non winning run).  Also how he wishes managers could have two weeks off every mid season.

No, i doubt he mentioned any of that but he might have said there's a lad called Johnson i fancy for the false 9 !

And get rid of our RB and put a chap called Gallagher in there.

• Like 1

I can see Dack to Sunderland happening at some point. If not this window, maybe in January.

He hasn't been a part of JDT's plans so far, although admittedly he has featured a bit more recently. He enjoyed his football under Mowbray and he was the 'main man' under him. Doesn't quite feel like that under JDT though.

Would Rovers take an opportunity to get his wages off the books? I think they would.

15 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's 58, his kids have got their own families. Always hated that excuse.

Agreed, it's like he was missing out on a kick about down the local park with his 7 year old!

Anyway, there's a thread for TM discussion. 

I made my thoughts clear before on the Barkley rumour, as much as I'd love it to be true.

Hirst, I'm very open minded about. Don't Know much about him, good season in Lg1, good pedigree (yes I'm too old), good age, not much risk if he's shite - I can get behind that.

Styles - I hope @glen9mullan might be right & we're back in for him.

I have a funny feeling someone left field will land from nowhere who will take us all by surprise, hopefully on the pitch as well as initially.

Whoever comes in, once they pull on those famous blue & white halves (or navy blue, or a funny pinky shade of red I think they call 'coral' 😄) they'll have my full support.

JDT's bus is coming, and every body's running.....

Edited by windymiller7
Spelling
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Got to be honest whilst some of the signings seem the right kind of idea (Brittain and Hyam) if these were Mowbray signings I’d be moaning about a lack of imagination.

All the links seem to be from the English leagues, you’d hope we’d be unearthing some gems from a little further afield.

Seems to be players that have agents working for moves rather than us having a clear plan. 

I think we have a clear plan. Going with players who abit of Championship and different ages to what Mowbray wanted here. 

We will start unearthing some gems in the future when Gus Williams and new head of European scouting..

3 hours ago, callumrovers said:

We 100% have some offers out for players in europe after listening to JDT interview.

any ideas….

Interesting that. Thanks for share

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

The 'loan with option to buy' thing is just a red herring. It's a loan. Wish we'd just accept and be honest about that. It's as though the 'option to buy' thing persuades people into believing that there is a longer term strategy in play.

Reality is he ticks the boxes - available, cheap

I think that's all there is to it here. We keep hearing about this 'loan now, buy later' thing as though it is some crafty ploy by Rovers to roll the costs over into future FFP cycles or grab a bargain now and decide whether to pay later. Don't think we are in a position to deal with things like that.

Don't know anything about the lad, his record at Pompey reasonable, but I'd have hoped for something a bit more proven and imaginative than this.

It's a win win situation with George Hirst. Performs we sign him on perm and doesn't he go back to Leicester 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Bowler and Birmancevic….👀🤞🏽

I think Birmancevic will sign here as BBD's replacement 

• Like 1

On 16/08/2022 at 14:47, JoeH said:

George Hirst is Sam Gallagher but without the Championship experience. Not for me.

Coming from the scout himself this doesn’t fill me with much confidence. But at least Chaddy rates him 😂 

3 hours ago, Butty said:

Coming from the scout himself this doesn’t fill me with much confidence. But at least Chaddy rates him 😂 

Not what I said Butty. I said given him a chance before write him off. Some people opinions are over judgemental based on a stats from over 12 months ago

• Like 1

Where on earth has Barkleys name come from? 🤣

Busy few days ahead, can only hope Gregg doesn't have to jump through too many additional hoops trying to get stuff over the line. I guess we'll know come 7pm where we stand on Brereton (if not before) when the team news is out. I sincerely hope Hirst isn't lined up as a replacement though, not against him signing as it would be nice to have a striker who can head a ball, only if he's in addition to Brereton/a new signing with the cash though. 

Dont know much about this Callum Styles other than that the Barnsley fans Are quite upset How lazy and sloppy looks at the moment. 

However he wasnt in Barnsleys squad yesterday (scored on saturday) and no one is saying Why he wasnt in the squad.

wonder if it’s a Hyam and he will be announced with us or another club later today.