BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Bearing in mind most of us wrote off BBD as a bad un before he became fuckin excellent, I’m equally astounded mate. Never learn! 

To balance that up, most of us wrote Gallagher off before he arrived and he is still fuckin useless 

So you are entitled to have an opinion on a player and sometimes it is wrong and sometimes it is right 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

To balance that up, most of us wrote Gallagher off before he arrived and he is still fuckin useless 

So you are entitled to have an opinion on a player and sometimes it is wrong and sometimes it is right 

I don't think Gallagher is useless - just not a £5m player.

• Like 6

On 28/08/2022 at 22:15, simongarnerisgod said:

they would never sell him to us for anything but a stupidly hight price but alan browne from pne would be perfect in our midfield,box to box, scores goals and does`nt **** around with the short passes

There you go mate, he's now on the bench and had the captaincy removed.  Should be just right for our midfield.👍  get him in...Bargain..🙈

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yeah, and both scenarios show us that it’s a lottery as to whether they’ll come good or not.

Which just strengthens the notion, especially in this case that the best thing to do is give the boy a chance. I’ll bet 99% of the people passing judgement have literally never seen him play. It’s crazy to be writing him off. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the club George Hirst. Let's hope it's successful loan signing and we can turn it to Permanent next season. Good to know that Rovers make him their first choice striker target and he spoken to JDT a month ago about a move here and he wanted to come here. 

Rovers seemed to have a proper transfer and recruitment plan in place now and we stick it and not much leaks out now meaning fans know very little until the final stages of deals being done. 

Hopefully another couple to come in tomorrow. I'm still surprise no PL club has offer 15 million for BBD yet and Its look like he will still be here come 11pm tomorrow night

5 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Heard ajeti is a possibility should brereton depart

Gone to Sturm Graz 

5 hours ago, phili said:

At least we are now enquiring and making offers for players like this. Under TM we were little old Blackburn and should know our place.

2 hours ago, phili said:

There is a plan now and they seem to be building from the back as well for the first time since Hughes. With what they inherited and what needed to be replaced they are doing all right. All of the signed players seem to be an upgrade on what left. Wage budget seems to be under control and we are not wasting the cash we are spending.

They are pretty much doing everything we have asked for, for the past 3 years and yet we are still complaining.

Hope 4 more players join tomorrow and we can have a great last day of the transfer window unlike previous years.

I agreed with both points you made Phili and I think your posts quoted are spot on the money. 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Are you serious phili? 

Lenihan, Van Hecke, Rothwell and Nyambe have been replaced and upgraded? 

Wage budget under control? Really? 

You're in for a rude awakening if we go with what we've got right now, the relegation thread will be resurrected and I'll be doing it.

Lenihan is standard Championship defender but not PL quality and he has been awful at Boro so far. Nyambe has gone to Wigan. Whave upgrade at right back with Brittain. Hyam is a solid championship experience defender. 

The wage budget is being control cos we have new rules to follow from next season and the club started lowering last season and lowering the age of squad last season, we need a proper transfer and recruitment plan now with GB and JDT in charge of it. 

What a awful negative attitude you have about our squad and our chances this season. Your posts are getting to silly stage now. The relegation thread will be resurrected 😠

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Interesting to note from their posts that some on here know more than JDT about playing in that position.

By that logic, fans on here must know more than Mowbray, after he elected to play Bradley Johnson as a false 9?

• Like 4

Why so much interest in Callum Styles on here? I'll admit I've never seen him play but his career stats aren't particularly impressive and do we really want/need another 5'6 player? (unless he's absolutely class!) I just think we're missing  someone more physically dominant in midfield... A real bastard of a player!

Not really knocking Styles as a player though, could be a brilliant little player 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Why so much interest in Callum Styles on here? I'll admit I've never seen him play but his career stats aren't particularly impressive and do we really want/need another 5'6 player? (unless he's absolutely class!) I just think we're missing  someone more physically dominant in midfield... A real bastard of a player!

Not really knocking Styles as a player though, could be a brilliant little player 🤷‍♀️

Styles was Barnsley’s standout player when we played them last year. He’s got pace which we really lack. If JDT wants to play 3 at the back then styles will improve us massively on the left. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 4

Did I just see Phil Foden in a Rovers shirt ?

all those who have been saying just how good Adam Wharton was kudos to you because that was an outstanding performance tonight I can only think of Phil Jones against Chelsea who’s first start in a league game better than that 

• Like 8