BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

9 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Sheffield United now interested in Styles, well it was fun while it lasted.

Rule of three at work? Agent trying to force clubs into moving in for him

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Was Adam Wharton left back? 

Pickering played at left back but Adam Wharton double up when Bowler got the ball. Very good and clever tactic by JDT

2 hours ago, Realistic Rover said:

Gregg’s first action on Friday (after transfer window) is to seal Adam Wharton on a 4year minimum contract. Only on a 2 year pro deal at the moment. He’s special that kid.

totally agree here, I would be offer Adam Wharton and Jack Vale new contracts here

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Pickering did look okay, but Wharton was the reason behind this.

People writing off Bowler after 1 game 😂 he is unbelievable.

Pickering did a very good job on Bowler. 

I did say before last night game that I wouldn't sign Bowler. Not a position that need filling

14 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

JRC likely heading to League 1 on loan according to Sharpe.

Definitely needed.

Really needs a full season, playing a lot more games in his more natural position (whatever that is).

I can't see him being a Rovers player again tbh. 2 years left on his contract, loan this season and either another loan or sold to a League One club next.

Rich Sharpe says we aren't looking to sign Styles;

Sorry to disappoint those who would like to see him at Ewood Park, but as things stand, Rovers aren’t in the running to sign Barnsley’s Callum Styles.

Rovers looked at Styles in January, as they did his then team-mate Callum Brittain who moved to Ewood Park earlier in this window.

There has been talk throughout the window of a follow-up move for Styles as well, but it’s one that Rovers have continued to pour cold water on and that remains the case on deadline day.

There is a chance that Styles could move elsewhere, with teams in the Championship and overseas said to be looking at the 24-year-old.

Styles has played at left wing-back, but more recently in midfield, an area of the pitch which Rovers feel they are well stocked.

1 minute ago, TheRevAshton said:

Sorry to disappoint those who would like to see him at Ewood Park, but as things stand, Rovers aren’t in the running to sign Barnsley’s Callum Styles.

Rovers looked at Styles in January, as they did his then team-mate Callum Brittain who moved to Ewood Park earlier in this window.

There has been talk throughout the window of a follow-up move for Styles as well, but it’s one that Rovers have continued to pour cold water on and that remains the case on deadline day.

There is a chance that Styles could move elsewhere, with teams in the Championship and overseas said to be looking at the 24-year-old.

Styles has played at left wing-back, but more recently in midfield, an area of the pitch which Rovers feel they are well stocked.

I do wonder how on earth he knows that. He's not well connected at all, unless he has a contact on the Barnsley side. But if that were the case he wouldn't have been the last to get on the Brittain train!

11 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

11 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Liked the look of Bowler tonight, wouldn't mind him at all

He will have to work a bloody sight harder than he did last night to get a regular place in the Rovers team. Did you see him track back to cover Diaz? I didn't.

1 minute ago, TheRevAshton said:

I think the emergence of Wharton has poured cold water over any desire we had for Styles.

Similarly, I think the emergence of Phillips has removed our need for another CB? 

The weirdest thing about today is that I have no idea which players or even positions we’ll fill!?

My guess - Foreign RB and a winger 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 minute ago, alexanders said:

Probably RB/CB or attacker coming in then,. 

A right sided forward for me. It's a position we have a few players who can do a job there. Gally, Hedges, Szmodics. But nobody who is a natural. Bowler is probably pie in the sky, but a right sided forward who can run at and commit a defender would give us real balance in attack and reduce pressure on Diaz. It'd also stop teams doubling up on him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

I do wonder how on earth he knows that. He's not well connected at all, unless he has a contact on the Barnsley side. But if that were the case he wouldn't have been the last to get on the Brittain train!

He's a Rovers reporter, he's going to have contacts at the club.

The club confirming who we aren't in for (Styles, Bowler) is different to confirming who we are in for (Brittain) as there's no risk in confirming the former. 

The very best thing for both the player and club is JRC going out on loan to remove him from the 1st team equation. 

Hopefully he then gets a season of football he is more suited to and in a position that suits he's never a championship right back whilst he breathes air.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think the emergence of Wharton has poured cold water over any desire we had for Styles.

Similarly, I think the emergence of Phillips has removed our need for another CB? 

The weirdest thing about today is that I have no idea which players or even positions we’ll fill!?

My guess - Foreign RB and a winger 🤷🏽‍♂️

You allude to being ITK with all the 👀 emojis.

So just a bit confused?

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pickering played at left back but Adam Wharton double up when Bowler got the ball. Very good and clever tactic by JDT

totally agree here, I would be offer Adam Wharton and Jack Vale new contracts here

Pickering did a very good job on Bowler. 

I did say before last night game that I wouldn't sign Bowler. Not a position that need filling

You can only double up, or treble up as we saw last night, on players at teams were there isn’t another major threat. We knew Bowler was their principal danger man and we had plans to nullify him.

When you come up against the better teams with several attacking threats then it’s not so easy and your defenders have to be able to win the head to head contests on an individual basis.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Personally I would be looking to sell Rankin-Costello and Butterworth who I can't see contributing anything in the future as I don't believe either are good enough for Championship football. Both would benefit from a change of club.

I got suckered into the Deadline Day hype on Sky earlier and lasted ten minutes. Such was the dearth of news about transfers the 'experts' in the studio were picking their best team of players who moved on deadline days in recent times. Right now hoovering, polishing and then Lidl seems more appealing. 😁😁

I'm trying to remember the player who turned up at another club on Transfer DD, hoping they'd sign him??

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Personally I would be looking to sell Rankin-Costello and Butterworth who I can't see contributing anything in the future as I don't believe either are good enough for Championship football. Both would benefit from a change of club.

I got suckered into the Deadline Day hype on Sky earlier and lasted ten minutes. Such was the dearth of news about transfers the 'experts' in the studio were picking their best team of players who moved on deadline days in recent times. Right now hoovering, polishing and then Lidl seems more appealing. 😁😁

Same here. But to sell either we'd need a buyer. I'm not sure any 'smaller' clubs would use their very limited budgets to pick up these guys, based on their careers to date.

I can only see them both being released on free's, either in the next few days or after a season's loan. JRC might, just might, offer us something as a squad player if he goes and gets a full season behind him and learns a position.

• Like 1