BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

A big worry as flagged last week was the lack of experience brought in.

Tyler Morton always seemed an illogical signing as a sole midfield recruit simply because we were dying for at least one bit of experience in there. You think to next week, poor form, say Travis comes back into midfield, the only potential partners are either so inexperienced or not experienced specifically in that deep role.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Tyler Morton always seemed an illogical signing as a sole midfield recruit simply because we were dying for at least one bit of experience in there. You think to next week, poor form, say Travis comes back into midfield, the only potential partners are either so inexperienced or not experienced specifically in that deep role.

Yeah not impressed with him at all and seems the same style of player and not as good as what we have . Needed an older head  , with some bite, strength and tenacity

• Like 2

Should we start a January transfer window already? 

Looks like Rovers are already line up a replacement for BBD and are looking at Sunderland's striker Ross Stewart who is out of contract in summer 2023. He hasn't signed a new contract at Sunderland yet and Rovers have the wages to offer for him the sort of contract. 

Blackburn plot transfer swoop for Sunderland’s Ross Stewart if in-demand Ben Brereton Diaz leaves in January window | The Sun

He would be very good signing if it happens

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looks like Rovers are already line up a replacement for BBD and are looking at Sunderland's striker Ross Stewart who is out of contract in summer 2023. He hasn't signed a new contract at Sunderland yet and Rovers have the wages to offer for him the sort of contract. 

Blackburn plot transfer swoop for Sunderland’s Ross Stewart if in-demand Ben Brereton Diaz leaves in January window | The Sun

Like a lot of Sunderland fans are saying, why would he come to us over them? 

11 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Like a lot of Sunderland fans are saying, why would he come to us over them? 

We can offer more money from contract point of view from the what the article says plus we are looking for promotion within 2 seasons whilst Sunderland have just appointed Mowbray so deffo won't be going for promotion for sure cos they will experience awful post-Christmas winless run under him. 

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Get it started Chaddy!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Morton is a good player at this level - he's clearly finding his feet. 

I assume you're talking about Buckley as being inexperienced in the deep role? I don't see that, personally - it's his natural position. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I assume you're talking about Buckley as being inexperienced in the deep role? I don't see that, personally - it's his natural position. 

It's not Buckley's natural position at senior level and he has really struggled this season.

I still think we lack some experience in there. It was so easy for Bristol City to stroll through our midfield yesterday.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I agree on your 2 points. 

Buckley natural position is as number 8 in this team. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

It's not Buckley's natural position at senior level and he has really struggled this season.

I still think we lack some experience in there. It was so easy for Bristol City to stroll through our midfield yesterday.

Maybe its not his natural position cos Mowbray didn't play there and when Dack got injured he played that and that false 9 role. 

Bristol City could scroll through our midfield cos Adam Wharton was booked so early on. 

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree on your 2 points. 

Buckley natural position is as number 8 in this team. 

Maybe its not his natural position cos Mowbray didn't play there and when Dack got injured he played that and that false 9 role. 

Bristol City could scroll through our midfield cos Adam Wharton was booked so early on. 

Who can put a tackle in midfield if Travis is out? And who is experienced?

10 minutes ago, booth said:

Another transfer window where our deficiencies were not fully dealt with, and there's appears to be a complete apathy towards it in the boardroom.

This has all the hallmarks of another Mowbray situation, IMO. Where even if results are crap, even if performances are crap, JDT won't be going anywhere because it is a "project". We already know long runs of poor form mean nothing to these owners, and they've obviously bought into this project.

10 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

This has all the hallmarks of another Mowbray situation, IMO. Where even if results are crap, even if performances are crap, JDT won't be going anywhere because it is a "project". We already know long runs of poor form mean nothing to these owners, and they've obviously bought into this project.

Basically Waggot has placed a layer between him, the management and performance of the team....I think he'd take delight in sacking his mates replacement,  if JDT doesn't pick up I'd be with Tesco on this one.  Nowt to do with him now...played a blinder

• Like 2

On 05/09/2022 at 00:13, SuperBrfc said:

Maybe but I don't get that JDT doesn't care. Mowbray seemed happy to plod along and shrug. JDT seems to genuinely want to better the club.

On 05/09/2022 at 00:26, Sparks Rover said:

Basically Waggot has placed a layer between him, the management and performance of the team....I think he'd take delight in sacking his mates replacement,  if JDT doesn't pick up I'd be with Tesco on this one.  Nowt to do with him now...played a blinder

Waggot's job should have been on the backs of everyone during the transfer window to make sure JDT had enough in the squad to get us through to January without failing badly. If we do then Waggot's position needs be under scrutiny. It won't be but it should be.

How many of the 6 summer signings would people put in our first 11 if everyone was fit?

Brittain is an obvious one, we have no other right backs.

Beside that, and of course at a very, very early stage. Would Hyam start over Wharton or Ayala? Szmodics over Dack? Hirst over Gallagher? And Mola and Morton look like squad players.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

How many of the 6 summer signings would people put in our first 11 if everyone was fit?

Brittain is an obvious one, we have no other right backs.

Beside that, and of course at a very, very early stage. Would Hyam start over Wharton or Ayala? Szmodics over Dack? Hirst over Gallagher? And Mola and Morton look like squad players.

I'll be honest, having seen Hirst on Saturday, it might as well have been McBride up there. I wasn't impressed. It's only one game, so there will be calls for time. Fine. Personally though, I don't think he is the answer.

It's a cheap, stopgap signing so as not to discourage Vale, IMO.

In terms of your original question, Brittain is a definite. Hyam has a chance too, he certainly gets in for me if we're going three at the back. The rest shouldn't be starters.