BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

How many of the 6 summer signings would people put in our first 11 if everyone was fit?

Brittain is an obvious one, we have no other right backs.

Beside that, and of course at a very, very early stage. Would Hyam start over Wharton or Ayala? Szmodics over Dack? Hirst over Gallagher? And Mola and Morton look like squad players.

Brittain, Hyam, Hirst for me.

Want to see Mola play first before we can comment. 

I want to see Szmodics before deciding. 

35 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I'll be honest, having seen Hirst on Saturday, it might as well have been McBride up there. I wasn't impressed. It's only one game, so there will be calls for time. Fine. Personally though, I don't think he is the answer.

It's a cheap, stopgap signing so as not to discourage Vale, IMO.

Hirst is lacking match fitness as JDT said in the local media. 

Rovers will sign him if he proves his worth by performances. 

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Brittain, Hyam, Hirst for me.

Want to see Mola play first before we can comment. 

I want to see Szmodics before deciding. 

Hirst is lacking match fitness as JDT said in the local media. 

Rovers will sign him if he proves his worth by performances. 

Which of Ayala and Wharton would you not play in favour of Hyam?

Hyam impressed me at Blackpool and came well regarded, but to break past them 2 when fit is difficult, maybe our first choice supposed target Ahmedhodzic would have done so, Hyam, not sure at this stage.

Mola seemingly has signed as a centre back according to the LT today. I would put him in midfield at the weekend next to Travis assuming at least one of Wharton and Ayala are back.

Hirst seems quite a similar player to Gallagher from that hour at the weekend, powerful runner in the channels but poor first touch and unable to link play.

12 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I'll be honest, having seen Hirst on Saturday, it might as well have been McBride up there. I wasn't impressed. It's only one game, so there will be calls for time. Fine. Personally though, I don't think he is the answer.

It's a cheap, stopgap signing so as not to discourage Vale, IMO.

In terms of your original question, Brittain is a definite. Hyam has a chance too, he certainly gets in for me if we're going three at the back. The rest shouldn't be starters.

Yeah I would agree that Hirst didn't impress. Very early so plenty of scope to grow into things but his limitations at being a focal point like Gallagher were stark.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Which of Ayala and Wharton would you not play in favour of Hyam?

Hyam impressed me at Blackpool and came well regarded, but to break past them 2 when fit is difficult, maybe our first choice supposed target Ahmedhodzic would have done so, Hyam, not sure at this stage.

Mola seemingly has signed as a centre back according to the LT today. I would put him in midfield at the weekend next to Travis assuming at least one of Wharton and Ayala are back.

Hirst seems quite a similar player to Gallagher from that hour at the weekend, powerful runner in the channels but poor first touch and unable to link play. Yeah I would agree that Hirst didn't impress. Very early so plenty of scope to grow into things but his limitations at being a focal point like Gallagher were stark.

I would say either depending on form, but Hyam shown alot of leadership qualities, organising and talking to other players in his 2 games so far. Maybe a captain when Travis is out injured or suspension. 

Hyam was on the shortlist and someone we tried to sign in July, but Coventry said not for sale. 

I want to see Mola play first as I said. I wouldn't play in centre midfield at the weekend. 

I disagree on your points Hirst. It's been 1 game and to have such OTT judgement based on 60 minutes of football when he not played much this season as JDT has said at the weekend and has JDT said he will improve and get better as he play more. I like what I saw from him at the weekend and seems to have powerful shot on him. 

On 03/09/2022 at 10:51, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I remember Peter Dobing at Stoke. He was very much a Dack style striker that dropped back into midfield after injury. He still had enough football intelligence to be able to pull the strings from a less advanced position.

As my dad used to say, Peter Dobing is a brilliant player for three or four games a season.

On 03/09/2022 at 12:28, Mike E said:

Could it not be introduced whereby any post-imcident goal/assist or foul drawn from which a freekick/penalty is scored is ruled out, and the result adjusted accordingly?

Never in a million years

On 03/09/2022 at 14:29, Armchair supporter supremo said:

He's played 1 game in around 5 years that I can see. 

That said I do think Pears will be a massive liability for us if Kaminski has to miss more the the odd game

I would like a better keeper than Kaminski. He's ok but has his faults

On 04/09/2022 at 09:47, BankEnd Rover said:

Like a lot of Sunderland fans are saying, why would he come to us over them? 

Because they've got Moggasaurus and we've got JDT.

On 04/09/2022 at 17:33, roversfan99 said:

Who can put a tackle in midfield if Travis is out? And who is experienced?

Garrett for one.  Maybe Mola could give us a bit of bite in midfield.

There! I've done a "Chaddy".  I've replied to multiple quotes so you cannot "like" this post because you may totally disagree with one of my statements.😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bazza said:

As my dad used to say, Peter Dobing is a brilliant player for three or four games a season.

Your Dad was absolutely right. An under-achiever was Dobing. Played much more consistently in his last years at Stoke.

Captain I think?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He didn’t do too badly replacing Denis Law at City when they were a really bad team. 

My experience of him is at Ewood. Pitches were always mud heaps in winter then, yet Dobing would walk off at half-time absolutely spotless! The fans in the Enclosure, as it was called then, let him know about it as well.

No question he had talent but went missing too often.

On 06/09/2022 at 22:14, roversfan99 said:

How many of the 6 summer signings would people put in our first 11 if everyone was fit?

Brittain is an obvious one, we have no other right backs.

Beside that, and of course at a very, very early stage. Would Hyam start over Wharton or Ayala? Szmodics over Dack? Hirst over Gallagher? And Mola and Morton look like squad players.

Brittain - for obvious reasons as you say, but I'm not convinced he's an upgrade on Nyambe yet.

Hyam - perhaps signed with 3 at the back in mind? Looks capable enough generally, but I would go back to Ayala and Wharton if given the choice.

Szmodics - not seen anything at all from him, barely seems involved in the games he has played in. I would 100% be playing Dack over him at the moment.

Hirst - looked promising to me, I would probably start him next match if fit.

Mola - who knows?

Morton - think he's been hit and miss so far and as you say, probably a squad player to rotate in and out.

1 hour ago, jwlrovers said:

Brittain - for obvious reasons as you say, but I'm not convinced he's an upgrade on Nyambe yet.

Hyam - perhaps signed with 3 at the back in mind? Looks capable enough generally, but I would go back to Ayala and Wharton if given the choice.

Szmodics - not seen anything at all from him, barely seems involved in the games he has played in. I would 100% be playing Dack over him at the moment.

Hirst - looked promising to me, I would probably start him next match if fit.

Mola - who knows?

Morton - think he's been hit and miss so far and as you say, probably a squad player to rotate in and out.

Seems like the common theme and can't disagree with most. Any central defender would struggle to dislodge those 2 when fit, perhaps only a signing like Ahmedhodzic would stand out amidst those 2. Hyam is one of the signings that I am happier with though and am happy with 2 of those 3 at any point if possible. Don't agree with a 3 because we have Dack as a number 10, as well as our biggest summer signing. With him and Brittain, they tick the boxes 100% of what we needed and the justification of spending money.

We did need an out and out striker and another attacking player albeit I would have gone for someone with more flexibility than Szmodics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 47er said:

I've heard that a number of times now re Ash. Believe it when it happens. Adam I believe, brother here and all that.

Phillips hasn't signed for Spurs though as he?If that was a goer or if he wasn't renewing at Rovers he probably would have moved on by now 

Fingers crossed they both follow Buckley and commit to a long term contract. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19772559/blackburn-adam-wharton-snub-premier-league-transfer/

Edited by islander200

9 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Plenty of people critical of the previous regime in allowing (whether by design or not), players contracts to expire. Finally with GB it seems the penny has dropped and the new policy is to be proactive rather than reactive. Not before time but kudos to Broughton for this. 

Agree to a degree, not sure I would have given Buckley 5 years, not based on his poor play so far this season.

Adam and Ash, get em signed up and from my very limited watching of these two young Wharton would be my priority over Phillips.  Get em both signed.  Lengthy contract with a low basic and some very sweet performance related extras.

49 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Plenty of people critical of the previous regime in allowing (whether by design or not), players contracts to expire. Finally with GB it seems the penny has dropped and the new policy is to be proactive rather than reactive. Not before time but kudos to Broughton for this. 

I agree, convincing our overlords that it's important to get these young lads signed up long term is going to be vital to any future success. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Yet Brereton was kept at the cost of potentially a 8 figure fee.

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

Agree to a degree, not sure I would have given Buckley 5 years, not based on his poor play so far this season.

Adam and Ash, get em signed up and from my very limited watching of these two young Wharton would be my priority over Phillips.  Get em both signed.  Lengthy contract with a low basic and some very sweet performance related extras.

I assume Adam and Ash are properly advised, in which case neither will be signing a contract of that kind.